• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just bitchin' 'bout the damn dirty Dutch driving up land values with a buddy of mine earlier tonight. He was asking......... Wait a second......

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the nice things that were said about the UP, TPaul has to go and dis Deseret.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought of what it would be like if the Lions were going into 2014 with the same coaching staff.

I got chills.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it was Juice Newton but not sure. Mayhew playing poker with Fairley.

[YOUTUBE]CCauuVy-j0M[/YOUTUBE]

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that got to do with this being Fairley's last year in Detroit?

Not sure? Now you made me picture Fairley dancing with her at the end of Grease.

Fairley in black leather :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you Gandy. I may never get that image out of my head.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching NFL AM this morning. Two minutes of discussion, followed by five minutes of commercials. Fuck that shit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tpaulus2.... Excellent post.

Like they said every single patient is different but it does give hope for Broyles recovery. I've pretty much written him off until week 11. Maybe not now. One thing to note is Broyles having 3 major injuries in a row. How does that compare to other patients coming off 1 major injury/recovery ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Houston now hampered by toe injury; from FoxSports

Whether or not the Detroit Lions decide to take a cornerback in two weeks with the No. 10 pick overall in the NFL Draft could come down to their faith in Chris Houston.

Houston, who was re-signed to a five-year deal when he became an unrestricted free agent a year ago, is coming off a rough season. He's also reportedly hampered now by a toe injury and didn't attend the team's three-day, voluntary minicamp that concluded Thursday.

New coach Jim Caldwell admitted he's not sure what to expect from Houston, 29, who's entering his eighth year in the league.

Will he return to the form that to that long-term contract? Or will he continue to regress?

"I'm not certain," Caldwell said. "You're never 100-percent certain about anything. I can't be certain if I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's not promised.

He's a young man, and typically they heal pretty quickly, unlike old guys like me. We anticipate he'll come along. We'll have to wait and see."

The Lions decided to bring back Rashean Mathis, who's entering his 12th year. They also have four young cornerbacks -- Darius Slay, Bill Bentley, Chris Greenwood and Jonte Green -- who have been drafted in the last two years.

But Houston's supposed to be the No. 1 cornerback. If he's not likely to live up to that role anymore, the Lions might be forced to seriously consider using their first-round pick on Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard or Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert.

BB_72... Wasn't this one of the injuries he sustained last year. If it's a chronic turf toe this doesn't bode well except for those who want him out.

Last edited by a moderator:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not with the 10th pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be thinking CB whether fucked toe or not with 1st or 2nd pick.

Clinton-Dix provides more 1st-2nd year impact, IMO, with most defenses in nickel 65% of the time, than a 1st rd CB who historically doesn't shine until year 3. Dix should be able to shut down the deep half while using Quin as slot cover. The only CB I'm even interested in regarding this draft is Verrett. He has the best technique but his physical stature is his major downfall (which is ridiculous bc he's nearly Houston's size but better in coverage).

Dix is probably more high-floor than a higher-ceiling CB like Gilbert, Fuller, Roby.

While needing a edge rushing LB, a CB and IMO a rangy centerfield FS, how do you find the best of those in the 1st 3 rounds ?

#10 CB Gilbert or FS Dix or OLB Barr
#45 OLB VanNoy or Attaochu, CB Verrett or S Jimmie Ward (who is similar to Quin, plays SS, FS, CB)
#76 FS Brooks (FSU) or CB Jean-Baptiste (NEB) or OLB T. Smith (FSU)

JMO, I'd rather have a FS that could come in immediately and provide an impact, easier to transition to NFL as FS than it is for a CB. Ward may actually be the better choice "if he projects well enough" as he could slide around to slot, FS and SS (he played all 3 at No. Ill. and at the Senior Bowl with rave reviews)

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fluff piece.....It's a flippin toe......I don't care if it's broke in three places, it's a flipping toe and will be fine in 4 months......Maybe if the article said it was amputated I would care, but alittle turf toe or stretched ligament in the toe 4 months out isn't anything......Press strecthing for any piece of garbage to sell the public.