• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions Den

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's good enough, I think I could squeeze out a tear or two.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a left turn off The Oregon Trail earlier. Now Im lost. Can anybody tell where I need to go in order to find Steven Jackson?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I'm on the Oregon Trail, I like to stay home.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Nick Fairley and Mikel LeShoure

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're only two weeks in, but I'm bored so I want to connect the dots on some potential free agents next year.

1st off is Kenny Britt. Looks like he won't be a Titan next year, and if his cost is right he could finally give us a legit #2 WR across from Megatron. He's a bit of a behavioral problem in Tennessee, but so was Jared Cook and he's working out just fine for the Rams.

Another guy who I think will hit the free agent pool is Brandon Weeden. Looks like the Browns are going to make a run at a QB in a deep 1st round pool next April, so Weeden will be looking for work. I'd rather hold on to Shaun Hill because he's become one of the best back-up QBs in the league, but I believe his contract is up after this year. If he decides to try to find a starting gig, or whatnot, I think Weeden would be a good long-term option as a back-up QB. He's not a great starter, but he's not awful, either. Plus he's got a much stronger arm than Hill or Moore.

Just some random musings because I'm bored...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt is a lazy POS and Brandon Weeded is 43 years old. He could be Pimps dad.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what people said about Cook, and he's tearing it up in St. Louis. Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good?

As for Weeden, he'll turn 30 next month, so he's got somewhere between 7-10 years left if he transitions to a back-up role. It's not unusual for back-up QBs to play till they're 40.

Like I said, just some hypothetical discussion material...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap! I almost forgot.... Ran into Brandon Weeden the other day.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random musings? I've got a random musing. Well, maybe not so random.

I'm a pretty patient guy. But after watching the 2nd half of the AZ game, I closed myself up into my inner rage. Linehan is an unimaginative, moron of an OC. He's worn out his welcome. It's time for him to go. Now. Yes, now. This season isn't lost yet. But it will be if the Lions keep Linehan. How can that much talent be that inept?

Kudos to the Lions defense for trying to win that game without any help whatsoever from the offense.

And while they're at it, get rid of the receivers coach. There comes a point when you need to admit that no matter how many receivers the Lions run through here, nothing is going to change. I don't even know who the receivers coach is. Shawn Jefferson? I don't give a flying fuck. CJ is our only decent receiver, and he would be great without a coach. Hell, let me be the receivers coach. I'll get a stool and get in their stupid faces.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they make sample stools? Like those tiny little tents and sleeping bags at Sears....

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never sample stool. Ever.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're actually sort of talking about football, the Suh pellet gun thing. I work in the utility construction field, and it's totally normal for me to walk in/through people's yards without saying anything. Having said that it's extremely uncommon for it to happen in the back yard at night. I pretty much stay on the R.O.W. easement while working or the front/side of the house if I'm looking for a gas/water service. It's also always during the day. I've only had people threaten to shoot me 3 times.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're actually sort of talking about football, the Suh pellet gun thing. I work in the utility construction field, and it's totally normal for me to walk in/through people's yards without saying anything. Having said that it's extremely uncommon for it to happen in the back yard at night. I pretty much stay on the R.O.W. easement while working or the front/side of the house if I'm looking for a gas/water service. It's also always during the day. I've only had people threaten to shoot me 3 times.

I work for the local power company. Often at night we are required to work at night and never knock before entering. However I don't blame him. Multiple calls to the police from homeowners as well as guns drawn. Part of the job.