• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Karl Malone Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Carroll could hold his own on defense on a 4 or 5? I'm not sure.

Why hasn't Corbin tried benching Marvin and starting Demarre yet this year?

Corbin has done a decent job of getting guys on the court. But, has not been creative or imaginative in the combinations. The only tough personnel decision he has made was benching Hayward. Al the other ones have been only due to injury. I really wanted to see that Favors/Jefferson lineup this year...just to see.

Even if Al goes, the transition time for Enes and Derrick was needed. They got to watch and spar under Al's tutorial. I don't think either would have been too successful out of the gate. In other words, I don't subscribe to the idea that Al or Ty held them back. I don't think they were ready. I'm still not sure if they are. But, am more willing to give it a try. Keep in mind though, this was the Bobcats. We couldn't score at all for the first 10 minutes of the game. So, I've just had a tough time trying to figure out where the offense was going to come from.

Kanter looked like Malone last night, so that was pretty fun.

And, I'm ready to watch tough, physical team play again (if not obvious by my choice of adjectives the other night...soft, p!$$ies).

Corbin must see something in Marvin, that's the only thing I can think of.

I wouldn't mind it if Marvin started but played less minutes than Carroll, but Marvin is still playing more. They should swap minutes.

I agree, Al didn't hold them back. Kanter and Favors aren't even ready to be starters now. They'll probably foul too much.

It's just if you look at it from a GM point of view, Jefferson or Millsap is going to cost a lot. They should command more than they're each making now.

And Kanter and Favors are on rookie contracts.

So what a smart GM would do is try to get as many minutes to Kanter and Favors as possible, so he can have a better evaluation of them. Especially since they're cheap right now, compared to when they hit restricted free agency.

I'm pretty sure Favors wouldn't sign an extension this year anyways, because he probably feels that if next year is good, he can get more. And he's right to think that.

I also wanted to see Favors + Jefferson together. I think it could have been like Reggie Evans + Brook Lopez, where one guy is good at scoring, and the other guy at defense and rebounding. But for whatever reason, Corbin never tried that.

As to where the offense is going to come from, it's going to have to come more in transition. Get more rebounds, get more stops, and get some hoops in transition. The halfcourt offense will be problematic, but it's not like it was that great anyways, it relied too much on Jefferson. They're going to have to learn how to make some moves in the halfcourt, against a set defense, anyways.

Denver doesn't have a great halfcourt offense, but they have a bunch of bigs that can score in transition. That's what I think Carroll + Favors + Kanter could do.

I don't think Carroll can become a good defender, he's a little small. He's also a poor rebounder. But, at a certain point, rebounding isn't needed as much, because Favors and Kanter are great rebounders. Unfortunately, the PGs don't look like they can rebound (neither Watson, Tinsley, or Mo).

And Hayward isn't a good rebounder either.

But all things considered, I think Carroll is still a good bench player. He doesn't have to be a complete player, he just has to do 1-3 things well, which he does. Then it's up to the GM to get other reserves fill in the other weaknesses.

I just think Carroll can become a good 3rd big, the same way someone like Brandon Bass or Big Baby Davis have done in their careers. He can find a role and do something positive. Those other guys were flawed too, but did some things well enough to become keepers on whatever teams they played on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overweight Crossbar (Fat Lever) did it a few times, quickly. impressed. Malone's was about the same but tie goes to Lever. Lever's synonym is curtesy of dictionary.com. Rejected alternates: Huge Shaft, Heavy Boom, etc. Disgusting.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overweight Crossbar (Fat Lever) did it a few times, quickly. impressed. Malone's was about the same but tie goes to Lever. Lever's synonym is curtesy of dictionary.com. Rejected alternates: Huge Shaft, Heavy Boom, etc. Disgusting.

Those all sound like good bedroom nicknames. For doing activities in bed that don't include reading or sleeping or watching TV or eating.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they made their first five shots and missed the rest, after they got ten? ;)

1. Malone only made 4 FGs, not 5. :)

2. Being a robot, I checked the play-by-play. They did not make consecutive shots to start the game.

Malone missed 3 FGs in a row in the 3rd quarter, before getting his 10th point with 2:59.0 left.

He cost him self several minutes! :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Malone only made 4 FGs, not 5. :)

2. Being a robot, I checked the play-by-play. They did not make consecutive shots to start the game.

Malone missed 3 FGs in a row in the 3rd quarter, before getting his 10th point with 2:59.0 left.

He cost him self several minutes! :)

I meant what if, not maybe they did, regardless of what I typed. As a robot, you should know what I meant. ;)

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like the ones with the purple mountains better?

lf

Or the yellow and green current color scheme better?

get_image.aspx

The latter is good, but I like the purple mountains better.

Karl Malone in the purple, no one could wear it better.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris (Michigan)

I was just watching highlights of Penny Hardaway back in the day, and just wanted to get your take on how good he was. Thanks!

Kevin Pelton
(3:22 PM)

Penny was my favorite non-Sonic back in the day. I think he was best as a giant point guard. In 1995-96, he ranked third in the league in WARP behind Jordan and Malone. So he was pretty good before his knees gave out. I would love to see a full, healthy Penny career.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you want your burger? Don't condiments make it "not plain"?

Or do you mean he didn't add lettuce, onion, tomatoes, etc.?

Carls Jr. and Hardees are the same thing. They call it Hardees on the East.

Then Hardee's has changed. Hardee's when it was here was like a KFC. (Not talking about ownership.)

[YOUTUBE]964CbGl-rZ8[/YOUTUBE]

They obviously have cheeseburgers, as the commercial shows, but it seemed the fried chicken was being highlighted by Malone. It does seem to fit him more than a cheeseburger.

It's also emphasized here:

[YOUTUBE]k65Z-NcFRig[/YOUTUBE]

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some more Malone Commercials:

Sackataters might appreciate this one a bit more:

This doesn't have him in it. I didn't watch it once I realized it was without him in it (unless I skipped over his part).

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have been posted before, oh well.

[YOUTUBE]EYvVj12EK4w&NR[/YOUTUBE]

Where was Malone for the duet? It's obvious that's what was missing.

A harmonizing duet.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Hardee's has changed. Hardee's when it was here was like a KFC. (Not talking about ownership.)

They obviously have cheeseburgers, as the commercial shows, but it seemed the fried chicken was being highlighted by Malone. It does seem to fit him more than a cheeseburger.

It's also emphasized here:

[YOUTUBE]k65Z-NcFRig[/YOUTUBE]

I guess the Hardees I was referring to was part of a franchise, while the one in SLC was a local place.

Or maybe not, maybe they just stopped serving fried chicken:

+++++++++++++++++
Why did Hardee's quit serving fried chicken? - Yahoo! Answers

++++++++++++++++++
Hardee's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1990s

For a short time in the early 1990s, Hardee's outlets sold the popular fried chicken recipe acquired from the Roy Rogers fast food chain. Hardee's locations in southeastern Virginia, eastern North Carolina, and Millvale, Pennsylvania just outside of Pittsburgh still serve chicken today, where sales remain strong, as well as the traditional sides such as mashed potatoes & gravy, cole slaw, and biscuits.

++++++++++++++++++++

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Malone wearing a purple sweatshirt that says "Hardees" on it? Or does it say something else? I can't tell.

If it says "Hardees", then I give them a pass, at least they're promoting their own brand.

Otherwise, Malone should be wearing something that says "Utah Jazz" in purple.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now post the original Karl Malone dunk which James is allegedly paying homage to.

Don't you know anything about posting clips on message boards? ;)

Maybe your robot batteries just need to be recharged.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now post the original Karl Malone dunk which James is allegedly paying homage to.

Don't you know anything about posting clips on message boards? ;)

Maybe your robot batteries just need to be recharged.

Never will I fall to your demands!

Just kidding. I will if I want to, and you can't stop me!

0:20, 0:50, 1:02, 1:22 - times are estimates and they are not necessarily all of them.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, the music in these clips actually seemed to fit.

Surely you've seen some YouTube clips, in which you like the video, but think the music selection was bad?

I've seen the opposite, too.

Do you think the music in the Malone clip fit the video?

How would you rate the fit?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do I have to tell you, when you make a post, you have to support it with clips!

Nah! To many clips already. To reply to your question, 1,000,000,000,000 times?

I'm not as good of a Robot as you.

I'm not a robot. I don't have your encyclopedic memory or persistence with stats. I like stats, but I use the computer... I'm not the computer.

Do you think the music in the Malone clip fit the video?

How would you rate the fit?

I watched it while my baby was asleep, so no volume. Turned it on just now for a bit. Sounds fine. Not the annoying stuff some have.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're both robots because good things come in pairs, like John Stockton and Diet Pepsi; or Karl Malone, and Hardees fried chicken; or Jerry Sloan, and getting seven game suspensions for pushing Courtney Kirkland in the chest; or your kids and the secret nicknames you have for your kids (Skittles and M&M's; or Skittles and Reeses Pieces; or Skittles and Butterfinger BBs'; or Skittles and Cadbury Gems; or whatever secret nickname you gave your second embryo, can you share what it was? ;)).

We're both robots because good things come in pairs, and since you're a robot, you need a robot friend, so I'm your robot friend.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never will I fall to your demands!

Just kidding. I will if I want to, and you can't stop me!

0:20, 0:50, 1:02, 1:22 - times are estimates and they are not necessarily all of them.

I don't want to see clips of him dunking against the Bulls.

That's just a reminder of the series losses (even if they weren't from the Finals).

Bad clip.

No, you're a bad clip! :stickstongueout:

I really did stop watching as soon as I saw the 2nd Malone clip against the Bulls, for the aforementioned reasons (that it brought back bad feelings).

Also, I'm trying to limit myself to clips that are about a minute or shorter. So, your Steve Martin Drunk Test was fine, but that other one you posted in the same post, was too long for me, right now.

So, seeing the 2nd Malone clip against the Bulls also gave me a good reason to stop watching it, before I went over my preferred time limit for how long I want to spend watching clips on message boards right now.

But, perhaps you can help me out. Can you see if there are any more Malone clips against the Bulls, in the above video? If not, I'll watch it then. I'll go over my soft time limit, because I know it will then be worth watching. I'll probably at least feel good about watching the clip, when I'm done, as opposed to feeling angry about highlights against the Bulls (because it reminds me of the loss), as well as feeling angry about how much time I'm spending without doing something more productive.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're both robots because good things come in pairs, like John Stockton and Diet Pepsi; or Karl Malone, and Hardees fried chicken; or Jerry Sloan, and getting seven game suspensions for pushing Courtney Kirkland in the chest; or your kids and the secret nicknames you have for your kids (Skittles and M&M's; or Skittles and Reeses Pieces; or Skittles and Butterfinger BBs'; or Skittles and Cadbury Gems; or whatever secret nickname you gave your second embryo, can you share what it was? ;)).

We're both robots because good things come in pairs, and since you're a robot, you need a robot friend, so I'm your robot friend.

If I didn't know about the commercials I would have thought the pairs were: John Stockton and Karl Malone; Hardees and Diet Pepsi, or Jerry Sloan and John Deere tractors. Or Courtney Kirkland and Kirkney Courtland.

No, I'm not a robot. I already paired up with my wife and my wife with my daughter and my daughter with me. But I will find you a robot friend, if you'd like.

Yes, I can share the secret nickname my wife and I gave my second embryo. She had the first, so the second is all mine!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't know about the commercials I would have thought the pairs were: John Stockton and Karl Malone; Hardees and Diet Pepsi, or Jerry Sloan and John Deere tractors. Or Courtney Kirkland and Kirkney Courtland.

No, I'm not a robot. I already paired up with my wife and my wife with my daughter and my daughter with me.

But I will find you a robot friend, if you'd like(add strikethrough).

Yes, I can share the secret nickname my wife and I gave my second embryo. She had the first, so the second is all mine!

Those are your human pairs. You are also part of a robot pair. You have different personas, all of which are a part of their own pairs.