• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Golden State Warriors are NOTHING Without.....

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Uh, no I didn't. Kerr didn't take some average talent and win a title. He took a team with championship contending talent and helped them realize their full potential.

The fact that Kerr is a better coach than Jackson didn't have nearly as much to do with what the Warriors have accomplished as the talent they have did.

Hey, @Terry Rode, let me field this one for you.

@trojanfan12, obviously you can't read.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Uh, no I didn't. Kerr didn't take some average talent and win a title. He took a team with championship contending talent and helped them realize their full potential.

The fact that Kerr is a better coach than Jackson didn't have nearly as much to do with what the Warriors have accomplished as the talent they have did.

You're right, Kerr didn't take average talent, but the talent he had, he made much better and turned into an NBA dynasty, like you said. Mark Jackson couldn't do that. Steve Kerr did though. Steve Kerr was able to get more out of Curry and Klay and Draymond then Mark Jackson was able to get. Warriors really didn't have much success with Jackson. 2 playoff appearances, both were as a 6th seed and 1 playoff series win. In my opinion, if Mark Jackson was still the coach in the 14-15 NBA season, the warriors don't win the title. Like I said before, without Steve Kerr, I think the Warriors maybe win 1 title. The Warriors win 0 titles without Kerr, 3 with Kerr. I don't think it's a coincidence, the turnaround made by the Warriors in 1 year under Steve Kerr's coaching.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, Kerr didn't take average talent, but the talent he had, he made much better and turned into an NBA dynasty, like you said. Mark Jackson couldn't do that. Steve Kerr did though. Steve Kerr was able to get more out of Curry and Klay and Draymond then Mark Jackson was able to get. Warriors really didn't have much success with Jackson. 2 playoff appearances, both were as a 6th seed and 1 playoff series win. In my opinion, if Mark Jackson was still the coach in the 14-15 NBA season, the warriors don't win the title. Like I said before, without Steve Kerr, I think the Warriors maybe win 1 title. The Warriors win 0 titles without Kerr, 3 with Kerr. I don't think it's a coincidence, the turnaround made by the Warriors in 1 year under Steve Kerr's coaching.

You're almost getting it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're almost getting it.

I think I got it. My initial opinion was correct. The Golden State Warriors own all their recent success to Steve Kerr. Mark Jackson had the same talent and couldn't do what Steve Kerr has done with said talent. :D:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you made my point for me without knowing it. Mark Jackson had the same talent, like you said, and couldn't do what Steve Kerr is doing right now. Steve Kerr takes over and year one, he's able to take the same talent that Mark Jackson had and win an NBA title. Took them from a 6th seed playoff team that couldn't make it past the 2nd round, and won an NBA title with the same talent that Mark Jackson had. The only difference between 2013-14 and 2014-15 is Steve Kerr.
you are right

if Mark Jackson was still the coach- they would not have the same level of success they are having currently.

I dont think anyone would say otherwise.

Mark Jackson is not a good coach. There is a reason why no one has hired him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I got it. My initial opinion was correct. The Golden State Warriors own all their recent success to Steve Kerr. Mark Jackson had the same talent and couldn't do what Steve Kerr has done with said talent. :D:D

Okay...I'll give you that. Kerr is a better coach than Mark Jackson.

But...Jackson did a lot of the grunt work...got them from Curry's soph season and 20 something wins, to a 50 win team 2 years later....that's not a bad roster to take over.

One question I have not heard an answer to yet...with Kerr as the HC, but w/o KD is this team winning the NBA title?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think he really hates me lol.

Really? You think so...huh.

He might hate on your online persona, and you've ruffled some feathers around here on occasion, but he doesn't even know you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The same talent? I hope you're joking. Jackson didn't have KD. And w/o KD Kerr was on the losing end of the greatest Finals comeback of all time.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...I'll give you that. Kerr is a better coach than Mark Jackson.

But...Jackson did a lot of the grunt work...got them from Curry's soph season and 20 something wins, to a 50 win team 2 years later....that's not a bad roster to take over.

One question I have not heard an answer to yet...with Kerr as the HC, but w/o KD is this team winning the NBA title?

My only point was that Steve Kerr owns a lot of the success that this current Warriors team has. Jackson did the grunt work but wasn't able to do anything with the same talent that Kerr has. That's all that I'm saying. Steve Kerr comes around and so do the titles.

Honestly, idk if the Warriors win the 3 they have without KD. They won 1 without him so that makes me think they can win another without him. That's a good question.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You think so...huh.

He might hate on your online persona, and you've ruffled some feathers around here on occasion, but he doesn't even know you.

Well, by hate me I mean the online persona that he interacts with lol

I'm sure if we shared some brews in a bar or something we'd be fine.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are right

if Mark Jackson was still the coach- they would not have the same level of success they are having currently.

I dont think anyone would say otherwise.

Mark Jackson is not a good coach. There is a reason why no one has hired him.

Idk about not a good coach...he did get them to 50 wins with less experienced star players. He has a nice TV gig and I think he would like to coach again, but probably doesn't want the job of rebuilding another team.

That said, he's not in Kerr's league.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same talent? I hope you're joking. Jackson didn't have KD. And w/o KD Kerr was on the losing end of the greatest Finals comeback of all time.

Kerr didn't have KD in his first year and that didn't matter. They won one NBA title without KD. Kerr and the Warriors didn't need KD, KD needed the Kerr and the Warriors.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about not a good coach...he did get them to 50 wins with less experienced star players. He has a nice TV gig and I think he would like to coach again, but probably doesn't want the job of rebuilding another team.

That said, he's not in Kerr's league.

I'm sure Jackson still take them to the playoffs in 14-15 if he stayed on as coach, but the success they have now is nonexistent in my opinion. The success they have now didn't come close to happening until Kerr was coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr didn't have KD in his first year and that didn't matter. They won one NBA title without KD. Kerr and the Warriors didn't need KD, KD needed the Kerr and the Warriors.

They also blew a commanding 3-1 lead w/o KD. And while KD needed the Warriors to get that 1st elusive ring if they would have had him for the '16 Finals they wouldn't have let that lead slip right through their fingers.