• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Golden State Warriors are NOTHING Without.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State had Curry and Klay and Draymond before Kerr came along. All were healthy and they were only able to get to the 6th seed in the West and the 2nd round of the playoffs. Once Kerr comes in, 3 NBA titles in 4 years. Once again, not saying the players aren't a huge part of the success and definitely not saying that Curry or Klay or KD aren't talented, but I believe Steve Kerr is a more vital piece to the puzzle than any other coach on any other team.

I hear ya and I agree Kerr has been a factor...a major factor, but right now, if you take KD off that team, they don't win the west, much less the NBA title.

I actually thought Mark Jackson did a decent job with the younger versions of their star players...he just wasn't the guy to get them over the hump.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State had Curry and Klay and Draymond before Kerr came along. All were healthy and they were only able to get to the 6th seed in the West and the 2nd round of the playoffs. Once Kerr comes in, 3 NBA titles in 4 years. Once again, not saying the players aren't a huge part of the success and definitely not saying that Curry or Klay or KD aren't talented, but I believe Steve Kerr is a more vital piece to the puzzle than any other coach on any other team.

All were really young when they won 51 the year before Kerr arrived. Draymond Green was a bench playing, while David Lee was playing 30+ minutes.

Green surpassed him and their roles flipped where Lee was the bit player, while Green played 30+ minutes.

During the 51 win season — Curry was finally healthy for a year and they started to run the offense completely thru him.

You act as if Kerr took a team dominated by Thompson, Curry and Green and made them into what they are now. What he did was — He got Curry who was healthy and becoming one of the best players in the league. He got Green who had changed from a defensive stopped to one of the most versatile players in the NBA and he got Thompson, who started to show why he was a top 10 pick with his range and defensive ability.

GSW has went from 23 to 46 to 51 in Curry’s first three years — they were a team of young players who were elevating their games each year. Kerr just so happened to be the guy handed the reigns.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act as if Kerr took a team dominated by Thompson, Curry and Green and made them into what they are now.

No, I'm acting as if Steve Kerr took Draymond Green from the bench where he started 12 games the last year without Kerr, started him 79 games where he almost averaged a double-double, was able to coach and teach Steph Curry, who is a shooter like Kerr was back in the day and Klay Thompson magically turned from a 18 ppg player to almost 22 ppg, Klay had a career high in practically every single stat the first year with Steve Kerr as coach.

Yes, Steve Kerr took the already existing decent set of tools, polished them up real nice and made them into the shiny Champs they are now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins and losses don't really matter. What matters is the success

giphy.gif

Did someone slip crazy pills in my coffee?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a reason your opinions tend to be very unpopular. You may may want to spend some time self evaluating.

As is often the case with Terry, in this instance, unpopular is synonymous with batshit fucking crazy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. As soon as Michael Jordan was drafted by the Bulls, he turned that Bulls team into a perennial Playoff team. The Bulls went from 27-55 the last year without MJ, to a 38 win team and a team that was a playoff guarantee for the next 14 years. MJ was an MVP 2 years before Jackson showed up. The Bulls were going to Conference finals before Jackson showed up. It was the hire of Phil Jackson that pushed the Bulls up to that next level. The Warriors weren't shit, could barely win a playoff series, before Steve Kerr.

MJ made the Bulls great immediately going from 27 wins to 38 wins. Am I reading that right?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ made the Bulls great immediately going from 27 wins to 38 wins. Am I reading that right?

No, apparently, you can't read. Somehow you inserted the word "great" in there, where I said no such thing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, apparently, you can't read. Somehow you inserted the word "great" in there, where I said no such thing.

You've been a major fail in this thread. I'd just quit now. Save some semblance of your dignity.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been a major fail in this thread. I'd just quit now. Save some semblance of your dignity.

You've said one thing and it failed as soon as you hit "post reply" because you can't read properly haha. So you telling me that I've been a major fail is a compliment. Thanks. My opinion is statistically and factually backed while you just insert words wherever you feel like it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said one thing and it failed as soon as you hit "post reply" because you can't read properly haha. So you telling me that I've been a major fail is a compliment. Thanks. My opinion is statistically and factually backed while you just insert words wherever you feel like it.

Yet your argument's getting picked apart like a pack of hyenas that haven't eaten in a week.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet your argument's getting picked apart like a pack of hyenas that haven't eaten in a week.

All I see is very good back and forth discussion with people of differing opinions and most of them were able to read correctly. Some providing good rebuttles, others providing personal jabs just because they disagree with what I'm saying, which means they have nothing educated to add to the discussion.

Until you address your lack of reading abilities, you're talking to yourself as far as I'm concerned haha.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see is very good back and forth discussion with people of differing opinions and most of them were able to read correctly. Some providing good rebuttles, others providing personal jabs just because they disagree with what I'm saying, which means they have nothing educated to add to the discussion.

Until you address your lack of reading abilities, you're talking to yourself as far as I'm concerned haha.

Oh, you're one of those. Yeah, I'm good here.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you're one of those. Yeah, I'm good here.

And you're one of those that just inserts shit wherever you want to and have a discussion about your assumptions. No thanks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm acting as if Steve Kerr took Draymond Green from the bench where he started 12 games the last year without Kerr, started him 79 games where he almost averaged a double-double, was able to coach and teach Steph Curry, who is a shooter like Kerr was back in the day and Klay Thompson magically turned from a 18 ppg player to almost 22 ppg, Klay had a career high in practically every single stat the first year with Steve Kerr as coach.

Yes, Steve Kerr took the already existing decent set of tools, polished them up real nice and made them into the shiny Champs they are now.

As I said — Steve Kerr is about as responsible for GSW’s titles as he was for the titles he won with Jordan or the Titles he won with Duncan.

When your assistant coach (who had never been a HC) can fill in for the entire preseason and the first 43 games and start the season 24-0 and finish up 39-4 (something Kerr hasn’t even done) — it speaks volumes to the role the coach plays.

He is a bit player. I could go stand on the sideline as ‘coach’ and they’d win 50-60 games a year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go stand on the sideline as ‘coach’ and they’d win 50-60 games a year.

Now you can because Steve Kerr has already taught and coached that squad to greatness. 5 years ago you wouldn't have been able to say that. It's not like Walton took over a failing team or a declining team. Walton took over a team fresh off the best season in franchise history, which was mostly due to the coaching provided by Steve Kerr.