• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Golden State Warriors are NOTHING Without.....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I've seen it before. Frequently jumps on the "you can't read" bus.

Well you should know, you like to just insert assumptions anywhere you want also. You assume shit, often get it wrong, and then get butthurt when I tell you that, apparently, you can't read. If you don't want me to "jump on the bus", don't assume shit and don't insert words wherever you want them just to start an argument. I think it's pretty plain and simple.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you should know, you like to just insert assumptions anywhere you want also. You assume shit, often get it wrong, and then get butthurt when I tell you that, apparently, you can't read. If you don't want me to "jump on the bus", don't assume shit and don't insert words wherever you want them just to start an argument. I think it's pretty plain and simple.

"You should know how to speak my retard language."

lolz

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you can because Steve Kerr has already taught and coached that squad to greatness. 5 years ago you wouldn't have been able to say that. It's not like Walton took over a failing team or a declining team. Walton took over a team fresh off the best season in franchise history, which was mostly due to the coaching provided by Steve Kerr.

Yeah and Phil Jackson “the greatest coach in NBA history” is the reason the Bulls and Lakers won titles. Disregard the Knicks when his greatness flopped once he didn’t have multiple generational type talents to work with.

As I said multiple times — Kerr is as responsible for GSW’s success as he was for the 5 rings he won as a player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strongly disagree. Your Kings example actually points out the need to have a good GM & solid ownership - not coaching. You could pretty much guarantee that if the Warriors had the same roster for the past 5 years & a different coach (barring having an absolutely awful coach) they would have the same or very similar results.

In the NBA the roster determines the outcome much more than the coaching. Isn't it funny how Phil Jackson didn't do as well in his last several years. Did his coaching all of sudden get worse? Hell no - he just didn't have guys like Jordan, Kobe (in his prime) or Shaq on the roster. As a Wizards fan I can tell you that poor personnel decisions will hurt you much worse than bad coaching.

I am not stating that coaching is not important - just that you are overstating the importance of coaching in the NBA.

Exactly. Coaching can make the difference as far as getting a team over the top. But without talent, you're not winning titles, no matter who the coach is.

Examples...the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq were 2nd round and WCF outs in the playoffs under Del Harris. Bring in Phil, they get to 4 finals and win 3.

The Warriors under Mark Jackson were a very good, up and coming young team. They may have even been able to get a title had they kept him. Under Steve Kerr, they are a dynasty.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors under Mark Jackson were a very good, up and coming young team. They may have even been able to get a title had they kept him. Under Steve Kerr, they are a dynasty.

My point exactly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD does indeed head south to the Inland Empire after this season...not even Kerr will be able to elevate GS past the Lakers.

What I'm trying to say...the NBA is a player's league...and if you don't have the horses, you're not going to win. A good example...HOU plays this ridiculous fire it up at will OFC under D'Antoni, but he has the horses to make it work.

Yep. When he was the Suns head coach and had guys like Steve Nash, Stoudemire, etc. who fit his system...they get to within a Robert Horry hip check from the finals and D'Antoni's a great coach with a fun, innovative system.

Have him coach the Lakers and Knicks, whose players didn't fit his system and people are wondering how he still has a job in the NBA. Put him in Houston with players that fit his system, and he's suddenly a great coach again. lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said — Steve Kerr is about as responsible for GSW’s titles as he was for the titles he won with Jordan or the Titles he won with Duncan.

When your assistant coach (who had never been a HC) can fill in for the entire preseason and the first 43 games and start the season 24-0 and finish up 39-4 (something Kerr hasn’t even done) — it speaks volumes to the role the coach plays.

He is a bit player. I could go stand on the sideline as ‘coach’ and they’d win 50-60 games a year.

IDK 60, but I think I could squeeze 50 Ws out of that group.

I get where Terry is coming from and he has some merit with Kerr, but imo he's pushing Kerr's role in their success a little higher than is warranted.

Now...if Kerr took over the ATL Hawks and got them to 50 wins this season...then we can anoint him something then for sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said multiple times - I disagree.

Well I disagree w/ your disagreement. But I just wanna argue. Wait a minute, what's the topic right now? Oh hell it doesn't matter. You're wrong! I think.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point exactly.

Actually, it's not your point at all.

Without the talent that was already there, it doesn't matter who the coach is, the Warriors aren't winning anything.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit. I'm so sorry. I thought English was your first language. Fuck man. I didn't know.

Look, Terry. We all know you have difficulty expressing your thoughts via the written word. So you often say a bunch of dumb shit and when you're called on it, you go straight to, "well, you can't read." It's your MO; embrace it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's not your point at all.

Without the talent that was already there, it doesn't matter who the coach is, the Warriors aren't winning anything.

No, you made my point for me without knowing it. Mark Jackson had the same talent, like you said, and couldn't do what Steve Kerr is doing right now. Steve Kerr takes over and year one, he's able to take the same talent that Mark Jackson had and win an NBA title. Took them from a 6th seed playoff team that couldn't make it past the 2nd round, and won an NBA title with the same talent that Mark Jackson had. The only difference between 2013-14 and 2014-15 is Steve Kerr.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Terry. We all know you have difficulty expressing your thoughts via the written word. So you often say a bunch of dumb shit and when you're called on it, you go straight to, "well, you can't read." It's your MO; embrace it.

I have no problem expressing my thoughts, its y'all who just like to insult and throw personal jabs when I say something y'all disagree with lol

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem expressing my thoughts, its y'all who just like to insult and throw personal jabs when I say something y'all disagree with lol

Yeah, it's everyone else...

Obviously, you can't read

You called me retarded and you can't even fucking read. I'm done.

So is this an All Oklahoma fan thing where y'all can't read?

Reading an issue today?

You can't even read you fucking idiot.

IDK if you have problems reading or if you need to get your face out from Trump's crotch

Are you having a hard time reading?

And it seems like you still haven't grasped on how to read text properly.

You now have highlighted yourself that you don't know how to read.

Can we just clarify because I see some people who can't read comment on this.

Apparently you can't read.

Have a hard time reading?

So you don't know how to do research and now you can't read?

Seems like you're the one who can't read.

Try reading next time maybe.

If you could read and understand

You seem to have a hard time reading.

Because you can't read, obviously

Having trouble reading, ya stupid shit?

If you can't read, not my problem.

Also, learn to read.

You obviously can't read

No, apparently, you can't read.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's everyone else...

People should learn to read before making assumptions or getting into any sort of conversation.

Side note: You have no life apparently lol

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People should learn to read before making assumptions or getting into any sort of conversation.

Side note: You have no life apparently lol

Yes, it's everyone else. We know, Terry.

I spent five minutes putting together a post that definitively identifies you as the half-wit you are. Your "you can't read" shtick doesn't apply, so move to "you have no life." What's next? Mom's basement jokes?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you made my point for me without knowing it. Mark Jackson had the same talent, like you said, and couldn't do what Steve Kerr is doing right now. Steve Kerr takes over and year one, he's able to take the same talent that Mark Jackson had and win an NBA title. Took them from a 6th seed playoff team that couldn't make it past the 2nd round, and won an NBA title with the same talent that Mark Jackson had. The only difference between 2013-14 and 2014-15 is Steve Kerr.

lol

Uh, no I didn't. Kerr didn't take some average talent and win a title. He took a team with championship contending talent and helped them realize their full potential.

The fact that Kerr is a better coach than Jackson didn't have nearly as much to do with what the Warriors have accomplished as the talent they have did.