• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Former Jazzmen Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of cool to hear from AK tonight, his thoughts on how SLC a helped him mature as a man were interesting. Great to hear Hot Rod call his highlite plays.

Shoot, I completely missed it. Was distracted by late evening stuff, and when I checked the score, the game didn't seem worth watching.

I wish this was bumped, so I would have remembered that AK would be on the broadcast.

I will try to find AK's segments on League Pass.

Or, if they're online, can someone post them?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

Korver had 1 FGA.

Shaq also said that if Korver isn't shooting well, "he doesn't quit, but he takes himself out of the game".

They said how one dimensional he was. And that he needs to drive more, if he's going to do something in this series.

They also complimented JR Smith's defense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: All current/former NBA players with the last name Vaughn, that played in the NBA during Orlando's existence, have played with the Magic. David, Jacque, and Rashad.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame George Hill for the Cavs Game 1. Missed free throw at the end that could have won it and then a missed 4 footer (blocked) and shooting foul to start OT.

JR Smith wouldn't have tried to run clock out if he knew they didn't have the lead... but this would have been avoided with a made FT.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame George Hill for the Cavs Game 1. Missed free throw at the end that could have won it and then a missed 4 footer (blocked) and shooting foul to start OT.

JR Smith wouldn't have tried to run clock out if he knew they didn't have the lead... but this would have been avoided with a made FT.

I'm not going to get on George Hill for missing the FT in regulation.

Golden State still could have won the game in regulation with a made shot.

And J.R. Smith should have called timeout, or gotten a good shot off.

Or, Cleveland should have played better in OT.

Hill's missed FT was a missed opportunity, but Cleveland still had to make more plays to win the game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Hill was terrible for most of the game, until that pair of free throw attempts, though.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Randy Rigby retire as President?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks became President in 2016. The article says he called to introduce himself to Williams.

To me, it seemed like this would have been in 2016, right after he became President. It talks about how he was a fan of the previous era of Jazz teams, etc.

But, just reading the article carefully, it seems like all of this calling didn't happen until June of 2018.

So why was there a 2 year gap, before Starks reached out?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article was only Miller, Starks, and Williams' points of view.

There is someone important whose point of view is missing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article was only Miller, Starks, and Williams' points of view.

There is someone important whose point of view is missing.

If you are referring to Sloan, I don't think he would answer. If this was done for his benefit, I think it would defeat the purpose. I also don't think he would've wanted to do it if it weren't just personal.

If you are referring to me, I have no idea why. Just kidding.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to Sloan, I don't think he would answer. If this was done for his benefit, I think it would defeat the purpose. I also don't think he would've wanted to do it if it weren't just personal.

If you are referring to me, I have no idea why. Just kidding.

I agree he wanted to do the meeting.

But I still don't know what the outcome of the meeting was, without hearing from him. I want to know how he felt, and what his actual feelings were as it was taking place.

Also, I'm not sure what the problem was for Williams pointing out that the pick and roll defense needed to improve. Isn't that what someone wants from a leader? I guess I need to know more about the story.

The only way I could see it being a problem with Sloan is if Sloan said it was good, and Williams said it wasn't.

Or if Sloan had different instructions on how to defend it, vs. what Williams said.

Overall, after reading that article, I'm left partially empty.

I don't understand why a major issue was made of Williams pointing out the pick and roll defense needed to improve.

I don't know what Sloan and Williams said to each other.

I don't know how Sloan felt about the meeting.

I don't know if Sloan is really happy that it happened, afterwards.

All I learned is that Williams is likely to be a bigger presence for the Jazz, now that he's retired.

And that Twenty-Two is the name of a specific play.

And that Sloan has Lewy body dementia.

BTW, shortly after Sloan stepped down, I said at the time that it was more than just recent incidents that caused him to step down. I looked up other coaches, and I think he was the 3rd oldest coach in NBA history, when he retired. My findings are on another server, and that server is gone, so I can't check for sure. So I thought health-wise, he probably wouldn't have been able to continue much longer anyways.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why were Jefferson and Big Rich not as close prior to recent years?

Did they catch, arrest, and convict the drive by shooters?