• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Former Jazzmen Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny that no one mentioned in the this post is a former Jazz player. Well, at least, not yet... or did we just trade Burke? That's how out of the loop I am this year.

(Incidentally, I have heard of the hot streaks of 3-pointers but haven't seen any of them, unless two in a row counts early in the season. My DVR won't record it unless I manually plan it, even when I set Season Record, and even then, it still doesn't always record it, even when I put it on top of my priorities list and have a DVR that can record 5 things at once. I can't replace it because I have too many things I want to keep on the one I have and I don't like switching back and forth between DVRs.

And even when it does record, I hardly have time to watch it, even in fast forward, unless I want to watch it at 2:30 in the morning before going to work at 7-8. Ugh, I'm getting home at 9-1030 every day now and the little time I have I want spent with my kids. I'm even typing this at work when I'm supposed to be working.)

Do you video chat with your kids from work? If so, do they like it?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you video chat with your kids from work? If so, do they like it?

Yes, we do and whether they like it, that's a better question for them. Just kidding.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny that no one mentioned in the this post is a former Jazz player. Well, at least, not yet... or did we just trade Burke? That's how out of the loop I am this year.

(Incidentally, I have heard of the hot streaks of 3-pointers but haven't seen any of them, unless two in a row counts early in the season. My DVR won't record it unless I manually plan it, even when I set Season Record, and even then, it still doesn't always record it, even when I put it on top of my priorities list and have a DVR that can record 5 things at once. I can't replace it because I have too many things I want to keep on the one I have and I don't like switching back and forth between DVRs.

And even when it does record, I hardly have time to watch it, even in fast forward, unless I want to watch it at 2:30 in the morning before going to work at 7-8. Ugh, I'm getting home at 9-1030 every day now and the little time I have I want spent with my kids. I'm even typing this at work when I'm supposed to be working.)

What brand DVR do you have, or who is our TV provider? (Cable, satellite, etc.).

Setting those season pass recordings are tricky.

I called tech support when it wasn't recording everything that I thought it should. I then had it record a larger subset, and then every week I'll cancel the items from my to-do list on my upcoming scheduled recordings that I don't really want.

At least you're not watching infomercials at 2:30 in the morning.

Also, when I mentioned hot streaks, I was more thinking of X per quarter, where x is a good teamwide number per quarter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Hornacek replaced by Earl Watson, two former Jazz players.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you use your work's wi-fi when making these video chat calls? Just wondering if you use your carrier's data when doing so, or wi-fi.

Wait, if you're video-chatting, you have to go through your carrier, right? So then doesn't that use a lot of your carrier's data?

Or does the voice part go through your carrier, but the video part go through wi-fi?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you use your work's wi-fi when making these video chat calls? Just wondering if you use your carrier's data when doing so, or wi-fi.

Wait, if you're video-chatting, you have to go through your carrier, right? So then doesn't that use a lot of your carrier's data?

Or does the voice part go through your carrier, but the video part go through wi-fi?

We have a wi-fi, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Never kept track of when.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys know me, you know why I am posting this today:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had time to check this forum at home. I've only been checking it from work the past few days, and YouTube is blocked at work.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had time to check this forum at home. I've only been checking it from work the past few days, and YouTube is blocked at work.

OK, the song is "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang posted on Monday in the Former Jazzmen Thread (Hint).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today will be the day that I watch it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, the song is "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang posted on Monday in the Former Jazzmen Thread (Hint).

Fisher went sayanora from New York.

CBS Sports Radio:

I listen to national radio late at night most nights. Usually CBS Sports Radio, but sometimes FOX Radio or NBC Radio.

Now that football is over, Amy Lawrence started talking some NBA.

Here are some takes about stuff around the league from her:

* On Griffin's 4 game suspension:

They wanted to set a precedent if something like this happened again. We'll give you 4 games this time. Next time it will be a lot more.

* On Marc Gasol's injury:

He's a tough dude. A few years ago, he had a rib injury and was supposed to miss 3 months. He came back in 1.5 months.

Still, Memphis biggest problem is their schedule. During the last 2 weeks of the season, they play the Warriors 2x, the Spurs 2x, and the Clippers. It might be too late by then, and then they have to face those teams.

* On Phil Jackson's coaching search:

Phil wants a coach that will do things his way, and buy into his philosophy. Derek Fisher did things his own way a little bit. Phil still believes in the triangle and has other philosophies, and it's important for their next coach to buy into that.

Phil would be coaching if it weren't for his physical limitations.

* On the Kings keeping Karl:

Why did they keep him? Because they're crazy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some questions you want to ask him?

What is your favorite assault rifle?

What is your ethnicity?

Have you ever thought of playing basketball for a living?

Do you ever watch any tennis?

;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your favorite assault rifle?

What is your ethnicity?

Have you ever thought of playing basketball for a living?

Do you ever watch any tennis?

;)

Good posts.

His answer might surprise, for the former. You never know unless you ask.

And I like the latter question too.

Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good posts.

His answer might surprise, for the former. You never know unless you ask.

And I like the latter question too.

Thanks.

You know who his wife is and what she does, right?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who his wife is and what she does, right?

I did, but not in the moment I read your post. I wasn't thinking about that.

I have seen her play before though, at the majors.

Also seen Coco Vandeweghe (niece of Kiki).

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of cool to hear from AK tonight, his thoughts on how SLC a helped him mature as a man were interesting. Great to hear Hot Rod call his highlite plays.