• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans have complained about the unprofessional job they’ve gotten from their coordinators this year. For those of you that don’t follow closely, here’s Exhibit A of what we’re talking about. Christian McCaffrey is an offensive player. He would have little cause to study the Eagles offense for this to be seen merely as “well, he just did game prep on this team recently”. Listen to this, haha. This is fucking amateur hour and quite frankly irresponsible for a team that came into the season with Super Bowl aspirations.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans have complained about the unprofessional job they’ve gotten from their coordinators this year. For those of you that don’t follow closely, here’s Exhibit A of what we’re talking about. Christian McCaffrey is an offensive player. He would have little cause to study the Eagles offense for this to be seen merely as “well, he just did game prep on this team recently”. Listen to this, haha. This is fucking amateur hour and quite frankly irresponsible for a team that came into the season with Super Bowl aspirations.

Yeah, if that was someone like Luke Kuechly or Ray Lewis, you can chalk it up as a defensive guy who just knows his shit. When it's a guy who likely doesn't even watch film on the offense, it shows how predictable they are at times.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for this season. They're down bad.

What's sad is that I think we will likely see several Eagles retire this offseason including Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson, so the Eagles likely will be taking a step back next year, too.
lol

you are a much better troll than an actual football fan.

lol
..season is over?
you guys....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for this season. They're down bad.

What's sad is that I think we will likely see several Eagles retire this offseason including Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson, so the Eagles likely will be taking a step back next year, too.
3 straight losses is something a team just can’t come back from.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. They should 3 straight wins going into the playoffs, but does that easy remaining schedule prepare them well? It at least lets them get right (potentially).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:susp:
coming from a niner fan that seems kinda interesting.

Before the season started. I thought the niners were the favorites. Despite Eagle fans not liking this.
When the Niners had their "three straight losses" I still said that was the team I would bet on.
& obviously. Everyone is looking at the niners as the favorites right now.

but interesting you would say 3 straight losses is something "a team" just cant come back from. (maybe you mean "that team")

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:susp:
coming from a niner fan that seems kinda interesting.

Before the season started. I thought the niners were the favorites. Despite Eagle fans not liking this.
When the Niners had their "three straight losses" I still said that was the team I would bet on.
& obviously. Everyone is looking at the niners as the favorites right now.

but interesting you would say 3 straight losses is something "a team" just cant come back from. (maybe you mean "that team")

I read sarcasm in his post, but regardless the Niners' 3 straight losses were without Trent and Deebo. They weren't without context.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read sarcasm in his post, but regardless the Niners' 3 straight losses were without Trent and Deebo. They weren't without context.
Of course it was said with sarcasm. Teams stumble all the time. Either from injury, fatigue or distraction. Or because they just arent that good. Which of these is the reason for the Eagles slide? Time will tell.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fan knows his team is done before Christmas. Cowboys fans know their team is done shortly after New Years.
Image result for nods kinda gif

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on in the season the narrative was "they are winning without playing their best ball so just wait until that happens."

But I don't think people appreciated how big of a loss losing both coordinators were and given that I'd say they are both doing pretty well with their current teams all things considered so they clearly had some skill.

The second thing and what might be the biggest thing that wasn't accounted for was their pass rush in 2022 was an insanely big outlier that wasn't sustainable.

They had 70 that year when 50ish is the top number teams have year-to-year and they had an 11.2% sack rate when 8-9% is the norm for the tops in the league.

Then you look at 2021 they weren't a good pass rush at all when it came to sacks at least.

In 2023 thus far they really just kinda normalized in that area. Better than 2021 certainly but nowhere near 2022.

So likely what we saw in 2022 was an otherworldly pass rush being the ultimate deodorant for a poor backend that has come down to earth and hasn't been able to mask how bad the backend has always been and offenses have been able to hurt them.

It's still one of the teams I wouldn't want to see in the playoffs but it's looking like there is more paper in that tiger than expected.
We all do this, prisoners of the moment. I make this thread while they are rolling. Everyone thinks the Niners are great when they are 5-0, they lose 3 in a row, suddenly they aren't very good. Philly loses 3 in a row, now they aren't good. They are going to win out and be 13-4 and are easily one of the top teams in the league still.

But my OP was a bit premature for sure.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it was said with sarcasm. Teams stumble all the time. Either from injury, fatigue or distraction. Or because they just arent that good. Which of these is the reason for the Eagles slide? Time will tell.
I just think the gauntlet of hell (very tough schedule) the last 8 games took their toll, they won the first 5, lost the last 3. 5-3 is reasonable for that stretch. Now they likely win the last 3. They are dangerous and can beat any team in football. But they aren't the juggernaut I thought.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the gauntlet of hell (very tough schedule) the last 8 games took their toll, they won the first 5, lost the last 3. 5-3 is reasonable for that stretch. Now they likely win the last 3. They are dangerous and can beat any team in football. But they aren't the juggernaut I thought.
Philly is definitely not as good as most would have expected. Hard to lose both coordinators and not have some regression. Also, some of Hurts' flaws have been exposed without having stellar coaching (still a good QB, but bit too dependent on being a threat as a runner). Barring a major injury or something crazy, I'd be surprised to see Philly or Dallas reach the Super Bowl.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is definitely not as good as most would have expected. Hard to lose both coordinators and not have some regression. Also, some of Hurts' flaws have been exposed without having stellar coaching (still a good QB, but bit too dependent on being a threat as a runner). Barring a major injury or something crazy, I'd be surprised to see Philly or Dallas reach the Super Bowl.
Right now the script definitely has the Niners clear favorites for sure

If they look good Monday it's pretty much decided. And yet...sometimes bad luck happens to good teams, any given Sunday, etc.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the script definitely has the Niners clear favorites for sure

If they look good Monday it's pretty much decided. And yet...sometimes bad luck happens to good teams, any given Sunday, etc.
I could absolutely see the Niners losing one more game in the regular season. They will either lose this week to the Ravens or in week 18 to the Lambs. Barring something catastrophic, I don’t see them losing both game.