• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles peaked early. Wouldnt surprise me if they lose another one in these last 4 weeks of the season and end up the 3rd seed
Think Detroit is gonna get the 2?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Detroit is gonna get the 2?
Yeah I don’t think he realizes that with 2 losses they likely drop below the Cowboys and would have to be a 5 seed at 12-5. Cowboys at 10-3. Right now Eagles own the tiebreaker which is the 4th tie breaker of conference record. If Eagles go 2-2 and one of the losses is to the Giants the Cowboys need to go 2-2 with one of the two wins the Commanders and they win the division on strength of division record.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a fascinating race to the wire with the top 4 as to which club ends up with the top seed, who wins their respective division, etc. On paper it appears that of the four, Philly has the friendliest schedule, altho with Tony Cutlets mania dominating the headlines, who knows what's in store. I'd give Dallas or Detroit as having the toughest, and not so coincidentally they face each other on 12/30. But it's always "on any given Sunday". And then there's the various races and battles for the remaining WC spots. Those scenarios are even crazier. A ton-o-fun coming in this final month.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a fascinating race to the wire with the top 4 as to which club ends up with the top seed, who wins their respective division, etc. On paper it appears that of the four, Philly has the friendliest schedule, altho with Tony Cutlets mania dominating the headlines, who knows what's in store. I'd give Dallas or Detroit as having the toughest, and not so coincidentally they face each other on 12/30. But it's always "on any given Sunday". And then there's the various races and battles for the remaining WC spots. Those scenarios are even crazier. A ton-o-fun coming in this final month.
It will definitely be an exciting last 4 weeks. I think the Niners are the best team in the NFC, I think they’re the best team in the entire NFL. They have a good shot at the #1 seed, although the game on Christmas against the Ravens is tough. The Eagles have the easiest schedule but are not playing well right now, but since they hold the tiebreaker over the Cowboys I think they’ll win the East, even if they lose 1 of their last 4, the Cowboys have a much harder schedule and I think will lose 1 of their last 4. The Wild Card race will be interesting, the Packers, Vikings, Rams, Seahawks, hell even the 3 NFC South teams that are competing for the division, all in the race for 2 playoff spots. I hope my Falcons can make the playoffs, either as division champions or as a wild card, we should win the division, we have an easy remaining schedule and the most talented team, but we don’t have stable QB play, Ridder sucks. Baker in Tampa and Carr in New Orleans aren’t top tier by any means but they are much steadier than Ridder. But aside from QB we’re the most talented team in the division IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have 2 hard games left. Ravens and Rams. Rams more because they will need to win to keep their playoffs alive while the Niners will only be playing for position. Classic trap game. And ravens game is 1v1.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could win at dallas, then yes. But they wont, so no. They'll be the 3
There’s something about the Lions I don’t trust - they are inconsistent, and they lack a strong pass rush which is a concern. I have a hard time seeing them as a Super Bowl caliber team, they are a good team but I’m not sure if they can reach the Super Bowl. Their remaining schedule is hard - Broncos, Vikings, Cowboys, Vikings again. I think they’ll likely get the #3 seed.

To be honest I have a hard time seeing anyone besides the Niners or Cowboys making the Super Bowl from the NFC.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once we beat Arizona we'll jump the cowboys, since they lost to them.

Eagles loss to the Jets is an AFC loss. Not as bad.
I expect the Eagles to beat the Cards, but if they dont......... well we have a bump post.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s something about the Lions I don’t trust - they are inconsistent, and they lack a strong pass rush which is a concern. I have a hard time seeing them as a Super Bowl caliber team, they are a good team but I’m not sure if they can reach the Super Bowl. Their remaining schedule is hard - Broncos, Vikings, Cowboys, Vikings again. I think they’ll likely get the #3 seed.

To be honest I have a hard time seeing anyone besides the Niners or Cowboys making the Super Bowl from the NFC.
Agreed, they're not quite "there" yet...they remind me of Dallas from two years ago. Not so much in how they play, but more towards how they aren't quite seasoned to ascend to the top of the heap...just yet. Gonna be interesting to see what they're looking like, 2-3 years from now

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if the Cowboys lose the division due to tiebreakers, they can point back to that miserable game in week 3 when they lost badly to the Cardinals. Early season games do matter.
if by some small chance both Philly & Dallas end the season with only 3 loses, think Dallas will feel good about the 5 seed and a 9 game winning streak.

so much still to see...i will let others provide the scores.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if the Cowboys lose the division due to tiebreakers, they can point back to that miserable game in week 3 when they lost badly to the Cardinals. Early season games do matter.
Yup, down their 3 best OL. And if the same happens to Philly it's the Jets game and SF it's the 3 game losing streak. That's how it happens sometimes when both sides are professionals. Every game matters until you clinch

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be in deep shit now

1702745213662.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Eagles' certainly can win out though with the way they're playing I hardly think that's a gimmie but they should beat the Giants twice but the Cardinals I won't call them sneaky good but they can snag a win on you if you don't play well.

But now they are at the mercy of the 9ers losing 2 out of the next 3 with one of the 3 being the Commanders. It's definitely not impossible as clearly the Ravens' are capable of handing them an L and the Rams when they are on their game are dangerous it's still just not likely for them to lose both especially if they do have something to play for against the Rams.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Early on in the season the narrative was "they are winning without playing their best ball so just wait until that happens."

But I don't think people appreciated how big of a loss losing both coordinators were and given that I'd say they are both doing pretty well with their current teams all things considered so they clearly had some skill.

The second thing and what might be the biggest thing that wasn't accounted for was their pass rush in 2022 was an insanely big outlier that wasn't sustainable.

They had 70 that year when 50ish is the top number teams have year-to-year and they had an 11.2% sack rate when 8-9% is the norm for the tops in the league.

Then you look at 2021 they weren't a good pass rush at all when it came to sacks at least.

In 2023 thus far they really just kinda normalized in that area. Better than 2021 certainly but nowhere near 2022.

So likely what we saw in 2022 was an otherworldly pass rush being the ultimate deodorant for a poor backend that has come down to earth and hasn't been able to mask how bad the backend has always been and offenses have been able to hurt them.

It's still one of the teams I wouldn't want to see in the playoffs but it's looking like there is more paper in that tiger than expected.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for this season. They're down bad.

What's sad is that I think we will likely see several Eagles retire this offseason including Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson, so the Eagles likely will be taking a step back next year, too.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for this season. They're down bad.

What's sad is that I think we will likely see several Eagles retire this offseason including Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson, so the Eagles likely will be taking a step back next year, too.
There’s plenty of time to talk about next year. The reality is that they’re likely going to string us along further. The path now looks like the 2 seed. 2 home games vs the 7 seed and the Lions, a dome team in January outside. The rest of the NFC outside of Cowboys and Niners are pretty mid. The Eagles will get strung along and then kick us in the dick one last time in the NFC Championship game. That’s the shitty aspect of all of us. They’re their own worst enemy. All of the issues on offense are fixable. I just don’t have faith they can fix them to the extent that they become a legit contender for the whole thing.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we just have to appreciate how hard it really is to even get back to the CG after a SB run. The Patriots and now the Chiefs tend to be the exception to the rule but people have seen that and think it's easy or something. It really isn't and the Eagles still have a path to that and anything can happen despite their setbacks. They need to fix some things and I get why you Philly fans are down on them but they are still legit and I won't count them out until the last snap of their season whenever that happens.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, all the close wins took a toll. They couldn’t rest guys and now look mentally and physically spent. And I think the coaching dropoff was eventually felt.