• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dak Prescott Thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch played like a card. Nagy is why we lost not Mitch.
Disagree. The Cards showed heart and wouldn't quit. Mitch looked like he was there for the paychecks, and nothing more.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. He has the 50 mil insurance policy & makes good money on endorsements right now.
He is a guy that bets on himself & isnt in a hurry to sign a deal. he will wait & sign the deal he wants. I mean the longer he waits, the more he is gonna get.

I understood why Wentz wanted to hurry up & sign his deal. Dak however has a very different mindset.

I think Dak has the same mindset of wanting to get paid...the difference he's looking for set the bar money and willing to bet on himself to get it. Can't blame Wentz for wanting to lock up his cash coming off injury twice.

GM 1 sure looked like he's making a good argument for his number out the gate....imo the new kid OC is going to make a big difference...not having Zeke there at all during camp probably help usher in this Dak that we saw yesterday.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work on your reading comprehension, Earl.
I read it just fine. Dak wasn't supposed to have a perfect QB rating just because the Giants defense is bad.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it just fine. Dak wasn't supposed to have a perfect QB rating just because the Giants defense is bad.
No, you didn't... obviously.

Go back and reread. I said Dak did exactly what he was supposed to do... no criticism of Dak at all.

Beyond that, do you somehow disagree that the Giants defense sucks?

Either you take issue with that claim... (and know nothing about football, if you do)... or you're arguing for no good reason.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't... obviously.

Go back and reread. I said Dak did exactly what he was supposed to do... no criticism of Dak at all.

Beyond that, do you somehow disagree that the Giants defense sucks?

Either you take issue with that claim... (and know nothing about football, if you do)... or you're arguing for no good reason.
Again, I can read. You are de facto discrediting what Dak did by bringing up how bad the Giants defense is. That's the issue I have. it's what football fans do all the time and it's annoying. They can't just give a player or team credit for how they played. They always have to bring up how bad the other team is.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I can read. You are discrediting what Dak did by bringing up how bad the Giants defense is. That's the issue I have. it's what football fans do all the time and it's annoying. They can't just give a player or team credit for how they played. They always have to bring up how bad the other team is.
So you're taking issue with me bringing up.... the truth?

That's dumb, Earl.

Anywho, no use in us going round and round here. I'll stand on what I've already said... agree to disagree after that. Peace.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're taking issue with me bring up.... the truth?

That's dumb, Earl.

Anywho, no use in us going round and round here. I'll stand on what I've already said... agree to disagree after that. Peace.

What truth? That Dak should have a perfect QB rating with over 400 yards against a bad defense? There's no fucking truth to that. It's a rare feat. How about people just give him fucking credit for that feat without bringing up the strength of the team he was facing?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What truth? That Dak should have a perfect QB rating with over 400 yards against a bad defense? There's no fucking truth to that. It's a rare feat. How about people just give him fucking credit for that feat without bringing up the strength of the team he was facing?
The truth that the Giants defense sucks... as I've stated and restated for you.

That fact absolutely impacts Dak and his performance yesterday... whether you admit it or not, whether you like it or not.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth that the Giants defense sucks... as I've stated and restated for you.

That fact absolutely impacts Dak and his performance yesterday... whether you admit it or not, whether you like it or not.
So your comment is a backhanded slap at Dak. It's not that he played well, it's that NYG played bad. I suppose any QB yesterday would have done what Dak did? :noidea:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your comment is a backhanded slap at Dak. It's not that he played well, it's that NYG played bad. I suppose any QB yesterday would have done what Dak did? :noidea:

He doesn't get it. I mean, the guy had a perfect QB rating with over 400 yards. Not many QBs in history have done that. But hey, he was supposed to do it because NYG defense is bad. It's sad how he can't understand that that statement can be seen as a backhanded comment.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your comment is a backhanded slap at Dak.
Only if you're a Cowboy fan looking to bicker, apparently.

I'll stand by what I said, the way I said it. Agree to disagree after that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you're a Cowboy fan looking to bicker, apparently.

I'll stand by what I said, the way I said it. Agree to disagree after that.
Alright. There isn't really a different way to take it, but to each their own. I'm not looking to bicker or argue, either, for once. Just calling it like I see it, and your comment takes away from an amazing performance from Dak.
just for perspective, there have now been 74 perfect passer rating games in the history of football. Considering there have been 40k+ chances for a perfect rating and only 74 have happened, I think a little has to do with the defense and a lot to do with with QB.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't really a different way to take it...
No offense... but BS.

There's the factual way to take it... and the Giant defense sucks, that's a fact.

Truth shouldn't ruffle your feathers... nor is stating the truth any disrespect to Dak.

It certainly isn't Dak's fault that the Giants defense was horrendous yesterday. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense... but BS.

There's the factual way to take it... and the Giant defense sucks, that's a fact.

Truth shouldn't ruffle your feathers... nor is stating the truth any disrespect to Dak.

It certainly isn't Dak's fault that the Giants defense was horrendous yesterday. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.
Saquon didn't have a good game, it was really 1 run that LVE read wrong.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he had a few others, but they didn't feed him as often as I thought they would.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume your statement is true... (which it's not, Barkley still averaged 6 yards per carry even if you take that run out)... but for the sake of argument, sure...

Ok?

I am willing to concede that the Cowboys were missing a key defender or two, and that probably led to an easier job for Saquon.

That's the difference between myself and you and @Earl Stevens, I suppose... I'm not gonna let facts ruffle my feathers.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume your statement is true... (which it's not, Barkley still averaged 6 yards per carry even if you take that run out)... but for the sake of argument, sure...

Ok?

I am willing to concede that the Cowboys were missing a key defender or two, and that probably led to an easier job for Saquon.

That's the difference between myself and you and @Earl Stevens, I suppose... I'm not gonna let facts ruffle my feathers.
my feathers aren't ruffled and my jimmies are just fine. You come across as sour grapes by downplaying the QB that just threw a flawless on your team. Just as my saquon comment looks dumb considering the only person that could stop him was your OC.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense... but BS.

Go back and read your post. You know the one you're saying others are not comprehending. The way I read it is Dak was OK because the Giants D sucked.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You come across as sour grapes by downplaying the QB that just threw a flawless on your team...
Did you watch the game? Honest question.

There were at least 3 separate instances of Dak making a big play because a Cowboy receiver was totally wide open due to an obvious blown assignment by the Giants.

Arguably, 3 of the 4 TD passes Dak threw were of that variety.

Frankly, only a Cowboy homer who desperately wants to believe that Dak has arrived at the top would ignore such relevant details.