• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Dak Prescott Thread

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the game? Honest question.

There were at least 3 separate instances of Dak making a big play because a Cowboy receiver was totally wide open due to an obvious blown assignment by the Giants.

Arguably, 3 of the 4 TD passes Dak threw were of that variety.

Frankly, only a Cowboy homer who desperately wants to believe that Dak has arrived at the top would ignore such relevant details.
I watched the game. I'm definitely an OU homer but I'm definitely NOT a Cowboys homer.

I honestly can't tell you if Dak's success is a product of the NYG D sucking, or Mr. Moore's game planning or Dak has turned a proverbial corner. I'm thinking there are parts of all three reasons at play.

Its week one. I'm glad we beat the Giants. Bring on the 'Skins.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were at least 3 separate instances of Dak making a big play because a Cowboy receiver was totally wide open due to an obvious blown assignment by the Giants.

Frankly, only a Cowboy homer who desperately wants to believe that Dak has arrived at the top would ignore such relevant details.

I did watch the game yesterday, every second of it. in every game there are players that run open, it's up to the QB to find them and then hit them.

perfect games don't happen very often, and Dak just dropped one on your team. The fact your team sucks ass did contribute, but that credit is due Dak for going out and actually doing it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both sides are right, to be honest.

Yes, the Giants are one of the worst teams in the league this year.

But, Dak still did have one of the greatest passing days in NFL history.

Still 15 more games to play to see how much of this was Giants bad and how much was Dak good.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game. I'm definitely an OU homer but I'm definitely NOT a Cowboys homer.

I honestly can't tell you if Dak's success is a product of the NYG D sucking, or Mr. Moore's game planning or Dak has turned a proverbial corner. I'm thinking there are parts of all three reasons at play.

Its week one. I'm glad we beat the Giants. Bring on the 'Skins.
I did watch the game yesterday, every second of it. in every game there are players that run open, it's up to the QB to find them and then hit them.

perfect games don't happen very often, and Dak just dropped one on your team. The fact your team sucks ass did contribute, but that credit is due Dak for going out and actually doing it.

Still 15 more games to play to see how much of this was Giants bad and how much was Dak good.
On all of these posts... fair enough.

Again, I'm not saying Dak sucks... or anything like that. Just that the Giants D sucking is a very relevant part of what happened yesterday.

It seems like we're all kinda agreeing about that... so I say :suds:

I'll further admit that the Giants got their @sses kicked in a far more embarrassing fashion than the final score would indicate. Dallas had called off the dogs long before the end.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While there were a couple wide open passes.
Even with that Dak had a agressive rating by Next Gen of 18.8 (tight window throws)
Only QBs with a higher rating & be in the 70% cmp range (or higher) were Russell Wilson who was right at 70%, Jacoby Brissett, & Lamar Jackson who also had a perfect rating & a whopping 85% cmp pct.

Point being. Dak did well because he was throwing well. Putting the ball right where it needed to be (on a dime as they say)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak had a very good day awesome blocking great playcalling by Moore the Giants D was not up to the task yesterday But he still had to make the plays and he did so. Can he keep it up seems to be the question everybody is asking and the answer is who knows. Time will tell as it always does. I am happy for him and in no way think he is the 2nd coming of Roger Troy and Tony all of the best and none of the bad. But let's let the Kid bask in yesterday's victory a day or so then on to the Redskins and buckle up for a hard division game.

JMHO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, on to Washington.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAK is a game manager at best.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAK is a game manager at best.
giphy.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the agenda finally comes out :L

The Giants DBs absolutely played a role in how well Dak played, but it really wouldn't have mattered this week. And it wasn't so much blown assignments as it was just not being good enough and being totally outcoached. Cowboy receivers were open on pretty much every play and multiple receivers on most of the plays.

This will almost definitely go down as Dak's best game of the year because it really couldn't be much better, but there was a lot that we saw from Dak and this Offense that we didn't see in prior years and that has nothing to do with the Giants DBs being as horrible as they are and will be all year.

This is the perfect touch deep ball I have been waiting for Dak to throw. They practiced it constantly this year and I believe that is a big part of why he threw it so well and it certainly wasn't due to a blown coverage.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants DBs absolutely played a role in how well Dak played, but it really wouldn't have mattered this week. And it wasn't so much blown assignments as it was just not being good enough and being totally outcoached. Cowboy receivers were open on pretty much every play and multiple receivers on most of the plays.
You call it an "agenda"... then in literally the very next breath you go on to agree with my arguments, to the point that you basically repeat back what I've already said.

In summation: Dak looked all-world because, in large part, he had all the time in the world and receivers were running open "on pretty much every play."

Amen, brother. :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call it an "agenda"... then in literally the very next breath you go on to agree with my arguments, to the point that you basically repeat back what I've already said.

In summation: Dak looked all-world because, in large part, he had all the time in the world and receivers were running open "on pretty much every play."

Amen, brother. :suds:
Did you eat paint chips as a kid? I'm giving my take and part of that is agreeing and part is disagreeing. It's absolutely your agenda as proven by what I bolded. It just took you a while to admit it. :noidea:

And Of course the Giants defense and coaching played a role. I don't think anyone would say differently. I think people are taking umbrage with you inferring that it was THE reason Dak and to a lesser extent the Cowboys played so well. The Cowboys OL dominated and gave Dak all day. The Cowboys receivers just totally outmatched the Giants DBs trying to cover them and Dak played just about a perfect game. It all works together because it's a team game. But you won't give up 400 yards passing and a perfect QB rating next week either.

This is what I have been saying all offseason. With a new scheme and better receivers and OL health :-)hope:) Dak will show who he is and that is a very good (but not elite) QB. This is why he will not only get over $30M per year, but earn every penny of it. The guy is just a winner. I'll withhold judgment on how good the Offense will be for at least 4 or 5 games because I don't overreact to one game, but the lack of receivers getting open in the past and the OL's injuries the last two years causing him to rush every throw and a predictable Offense were all things he had to overcome and yet he still won. Football is a team game and it looks like Dak now has weapons in place to judge him fairly. BUT,,,that doesn't mean that those other pieces are the reason that he does his job well. He is a big part of why those weapons looked so good. He has IMHO much more talent than most have given him credit for the last two years on this board. To lump him in with guys like Winston and Trubisky like I've read is absurd.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak > Mitch
There is no valid argument otherwise. Only a homer would say otherwise. That is not saying Dak is great, being better than Trubs is a bar most could trip over. Mitch has had some fleeting signs of good play, and even put together a few drive that were impressive. Over all, he looks lost, and unable to find anything other than a primary read. He is better suited for a wildcat offense. He sucks.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you eat paint chips as a kid? I'm giving my take and part of that is agreeing and part is disagreeing. It's absolutely your agenda as proven by what I bolded. It just took you a while to admit it. :noidea:
You're at least 90% agreeing with me... but still want to create a bicker fight for no good reason.

:noidea:, indeed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're at least 90% agreeing with me... but still want to create a bicker fight for no good reason.

:noidea:, indeed.
You seem dim. I'm not bickering at all. I'm giving my opinion on a message board

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem dim. I'm not bickering at all. I'm giving my opinion on a message board
For someone who isn't bickering, you sure do like to throw insults and emojis around.

Play dumb if you want, j. I'll stand by what I said and what you largely seem to agree with.

At this point, this is nothing to keep up aside from bickering... we basically agree, like I said.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will almost definitely go down as Dak's best game of the year because it really couldn't be much better, but there was a lot that we saw from Dak and this Offense that we didn't see in prior years and that has nothing to do with the Giants DBs being as horrible as they are and will be all year.

This is the perfect touch deep ball I have been waiting for Dak to throw. They practiced it constantly this year and I believe that is a big part of why he threw it so well and it certainly wasn't due to a blown coverage.

Well that did happen in real life.
PE1 told me Dak cant throw an accurate throw over 10 yds.
So this must be fake.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that did happen in real life.
PE1 told me Dak cant throw an accurate throw over 10 yds.
So this must be fake.
I just counted. He had 136 completions over 10 yards week 1...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a tough league. Players get paid to play ojn both sides of the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys offense and Dak don't do that great next week...and that will be fine...hopefully the Cowboys defense will play a little better