• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Celtics are going to make the playoffs

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland should have played full force against Celtics to knock them down to 8th or out of the playoffs. Now they have picked their own poison as Celtics are hot going into the playoffs. They seem to have meshed and will give Cleveland a harder matchup than the Brooklyn Nets would have given them.

I said this elsewhere both Atlanta and Cleveland shot themselves in the foot in badly selecting when to rest their players. Atlanta should have rested their players against Brooklyn and let them get into the playoffs. Similarly, Cleveland should have played all of their players and knocked down or out the Celtics.

Atlanta better pray Indiana loses in Memphis and Nets win.

Really?
I don't think either Atlanta or Cleveland will have a problem making the second round. They are #1 and #2 in the East for a reason.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?
I don't think either Atlanta or Cleveland will have a problem making the second round. They are #1 and #2 in the East for a reason.
the celtics are going to get open hand slapped vs cleveland...but at least its playoff basketball for stevens and the guys. for many, its a first trip.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

be that as it may..the fact that the Celtics made the playoffs this year puts them ahead of schedule with moving the team forward and with their abundance of draft picks..the East beware. They are about to become relevant again!!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the celtics are going to get open hand slapped vs cleveland...but at least its playoff basketball for stevens and the guys. for many, its a first trip.

be that as it may..the fact that the Celtics made the playoffs this year puts them ahead of schedule with moving the team forward and with their abundance of draft picks..the East beware. They are about to become relevant again!!

Yup. I am amazed that the Celtics made the playoff this year with their roster. I would have bet a lot of money against it in the preseason. Great for them and the start of their rebuild. Still need some solid pieces to be truly relevant again and I'm not sure this draft is going to have them where the C's pick. It'll be interesting to see what they can get and what moves Danny can make.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I am amazed that the Celtics made the playoff this year with their roster. I would have bet a lot of money against it in the preseason. Great for them and the start of their rebuild. Still need some solid pieces to be truly relevant again and I'm not sure this draft is going to have them where the C's pick. It'll be interesting to see what they can get and what moves Danny can make.
loaded with draft picks too. loaded.

the future is very bright.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loaded with draft picks too. loaded.

the future is very bright.

Rock, I'm not going to rain on your parade, but...

Fuck, who am I kidding? Sure I will...

Do you HONESTLY mean to sit here and tell me this is good for your future? And second question.

Are you still even rebuilding? Or you gonna go with what you got with that silly lil kid pretending to be an NBA head coach?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock, I'm not going to rain on your parade, but...

Fuck, who am I kidding? Sure I will...

Do you HONESTLY mean to sit here and tell me this is good for your future? And second question.

Are you still even rebuilding? Or you gonna go with what you got with that silly lil kid pretending to be an NBA head coach?
that silly kid would be the hottest coaching candidate in basketball...college or nba...if he walked from the celtics before lunch today.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that silly kid would be the hottest coaching candidate in basketball...college or nba...if he walked from the celtics before lunch today.

And Danny Ainge is brilliant.

Ok, I understand.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Danny Ainge is brilliant.

Ok, I understand.
ainge does more right than wrong, hes done 3 jaw drop trades so far that have worked,...the 2nd big 3, fleecing brooklyn and getting thomas.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not convinced of this. As I said on another thread, the Celtics will probably get crushed in 4-5 games, but the thing about young teams is they don't know shit and it could work in their favor. They may not understand that they're supposed to get crushed.

If the Cavs start slow and Celtics get confidence, the Cavs could have their hands full. Wouldn't be the first time that happened to a higher seeded veteran team. 2 of the Cavs big 3 have and their coach have the same amount of playoff experience as most of the Celtics and their coach.

I think that unless Lebron gets hurt, the Cavs win regardless, but the Celtics could make it a whole lot tougher than most think.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate the Boston Celtics as much as I do (and I seriously doubt you do) this is a true best-case scenario.

LOL @ Danny Ainge and this entire franchise. :L
Okay, just hit me cause I don't follow the NBA, a Lakers fan? :gaah:Nut punch owed.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much downside for the Celtics. Odds are they lose, and lose badly. But in this case it is more important for the young players to get a taste of the playoffs, and for other (future free agents) to see Boston is closer to competing again with a very promising young coach who gets the most out of his players, and one armed with a truckload of high draft picks from other teams.

If they even win one game it's a bonus. They're a bad playoff team.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ainge does more right than wrong, hes done 3 jaw drop trades so far that have worked,...the 2nd big 3, fleecing brooklyn and getting thomas.
Well I applaud Danny for doing a wonderful to the Celtics - I hope he continues to fuck them over, er I mean continue to a wonderful job of screwing them, oops I mean continue exactly has he has been doing

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I applaud Danny for doing a wonderful to the Celtics - I hope he continues to fuck them over, er I mean continue to a wonderful job of screwing them, oops I mean continue exactly has he has been doing
kobe turns 83 tomorrow.

true story.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean like what Mitch Kupchak has been doing for the Lakers?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God the Nets tanked those games at the end of the regular season so they could get that 8th seed and face the Hawks. Meanwhile, the 7th seeded Celtics are playing golf. How dumb do they feel? :yahoo:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God the Nets tanked those games at the end of the regular season so they could get that 8th seed and face the Hawks. Meanwhile, the 7th seeded Celtics are playing golf. How dumb do they feel? :yahoo:

Like the Nets tried to tank.:lol: