• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL Playoffs

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the league's #1 defense letting Hill clown them repeatedly on the biggest stage.

Just goes to show how incredibly dominant our '12-'14 defenses were. Pretty unfair to expect anyone to live up to those levels again.

As an arguably top-5 defense all time, it was always unreasonable to expect to see that again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF vs Cinci would be a blast from the past...

I was thinking the same thing. The 1981 super bowl was SF vs Cincy Montana vs Anderson, then you got the 1988 super bowl With once again Montana against Boomer. Each time they played Cincy lost by less than a TD.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOT WAY TO GO CINCY!!!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cincy can beat the Rams, to be honest I think it would have been harder for them against the 49ers.

NFL got what they wanted another team hosting the superbowl in "their" house.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Cincy and their fans but I think they can look at the bright side, not as many people as you think watched the game. I saw the last 5 minutes of it is all myself. I was so turned off of this game because of one thing I just did not want to see in the super bowl again. That was a bone headed officiating mistake ( or 5 of them ) that gave the win to the Rams. I was 100% sure that's what was going to happen. So sure was I that I just refused to watch it so it wouldn't be the last thing I remember for the 2021 season. Not kidding lmao. BTW the stadium was not sold out ... WOW!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Cincy and their fans but I think they can look at the bright side, not as many people as you think watched the game. I saw the last 5 minutes of it is all myself. I was so turned off of this game because of one thing I just did not want to see in the super bowl again. That was a bone headed officiating mistake ( or 5 of them ) that gave the win to the Rams. I was 100% sure that's what was going to happen. So sure was I that I just refused to watch it so it wouldn't be the last thing I remember for the 2021 season. Not kidding lmao. BTW the stadium was not sold out ... WOW!

Honestly, I thought the officials did a decent job. There wasn't any blatantly bad missed calls and even if you thought the one PI was ticky tack there was an argument that it was correctly called.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought the officials did a decent job. There wasn't any blatantly bad missed calls and even if you thought the one PI was ticky tack there was an argument that it was correctly called.

Edit: There was the OPI that should've been called on Cincy, but I missed it in real time - it was obvious that Higgins pulled Ramsey down by his facemask until they slowed it way down, so I can give the refs a pass on missing a bang bang play like that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not watch the game but because I see no one bitching about it tells me they didn't grubby up this game with their slimy hands. The PI I did see people talking about and to be honest that shouldn't have been a PI just because I feel the defense's in the NFL can't do diddly shit. He did not pull or twist him so I am fine if they don't call that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit: There was the OPI that should've been called on Cincy, but I missed it in real time - it was obvious that Higgins pulled Ramsey down by his facemask until they slowed it way down, so I can give the refs a pass on missing a bang bang play like that.
They missed grabbing the face mask but that was a long play, the ref was trailing badly and didn't have the angle to see it. The flag on the LB Wilson for grabbing Kupp that gave the Rams a first and goal was total BS. It didn't happen, the ref didn't see it, it was made up and it turned the game in favor of the Rams. It was bad enough to make me wonder if the NFL is fixed.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed grabbing the face mask but that was a long play, the ref was trailing badly and didn't have the angle to see it. The flag on the LB Wilson for grabbing Kupp that gave the Rams a first and goal was total BS. It didn't happen, the ref didn't see it, it was made up and it turned the game in favor of the Rams. It was bad enough to make me wonder if the NFL is fixed.

that missed OPI was typical, how often do we see that happen to Lockett and it rarely gets called. I have seen a dozen catches by Lockett with a defenders hands on his facemask in his career that DIDN'T get called. Loved that it happened to Ramsey lol.