• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and although i doubt it to happen... Maeve just needs to take compound v to get her powers back... so it is always possible for her to come back if Needed....
And to just heal. She got FUCKED UP in her fight with HL.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed this season but thought it was sort of lazy to be honest. It's almost like they asked a bot to sum up social media the past 2 years and spit it out into a script. It wasn't even tongue in cheek, wink at the camera, it was just way to on the nose for my liking.

I found myself being a bit indifferent to Frenchie's storyline.

What is Hughie's appeal to Starlight?

I loved Soldier Boy and his team, I liked seeing all the peripheral supes at the Herogasm event or on the gameshow. I'd love to see more of the supe world in season 4.

Do we see Homelander redeeming himself next season? Or is he too far gone?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed this season but thought it was sort of lazy to be honest. It's almost like they asked a bot to sum up social media the past 2 years and spit it out into a script. It wasn't even tongue in cheek, wink at the camera, it was just way to on the nose for my liking.

I loved Soldier Boy and his team, I liked seeing all the peripheral supes at the Herogasm event or on the gameshow. I'd love to see more of the supe world in season 4.

I don’t think HL is capable of redemption. He is willing to do anything for his kid, and that is a spark, but i don’t think he knows how to redeem himself. And he has now blasted a muggle in the wide open, and was cheered for it (I also think this fully broke Ryan).

HL is a psychopath. Why would he WANT redemption?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They kind of have to bring in new supes. I mean they made it pretty clear that starlight can’t take on homelander. And she is the strongest they have.

Homelander is an interesting character. As he doesn’t see himself as a villain. He just wants everyone to love him and respect him. And if you don’t then you might as well die.

I do wonder what the plot for season 4 will be.

One thing I appreciate a lot in this series is how they take modern day political topics in real life and bring them to this world. And almost make light of it.

I love how A-train called himself Michael Jordan. I laughed hard. What a great jab.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little disappointed in the last episode. Felt all over the place.

Ryan's sudden change of mind.... Butcher turning on soldier boy was kind of annoying.. Annie's superpower LOL? Noir underwhelming... I dunno, the whole thing just felt 'meh'. I get now it's HL and Ryan but meh.

Felt like this huge buildup to only fall a little flat. I think the writers had a decent build up but really didn't know how to end this season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a little disappointed in the last episode. Felt all over the place.

Ryan's sudden change of mind.... Butcher turning on soldier boy was kind of annoying.. Annie's superpower LOL? Noir underwhelming... I dunno, the whole thing just felt 'meh'. I get now it's HL and Ryan but meh.

Felt like this huge buildup to only fall a little flat. I think the writers had a decent build up but really didn't know how to end this season.

I had no problem with the Butcher part.

It was his wifes dying wish. As Hughie mentioned earlier in the ep, the guy still has some sense of humanity even if its deep down. His love for her is definitely a big part of that.

Now that its burned him and Ryan went rogue, I suspect his humanity will continue to slip. But right now I think it made a lot of sense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has browsed what goes down in the comics

Lets just say, the show is going much different.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this season a lot... All 3 seasons are very strong. Maeve clearly got fucked up by HL, but she managed to land several shots and was willing to fight to the death.

I agree that the political commentary is getting a bit on the nose (Homelander's followers are clearly maga and the news ticker mentioned DeSantis and Ted Cruz) and I don't like that because it defeats suspension of disbelief, but it's not really a major part of anything.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who has browsed what goes down in the comics

Lets just say, the show is going much different.
I actually am enjoying that. The show at its core is still the same but I like that it’s going in a different direction(mainly HL and his “mask” but that’s all I’ll say), makes it feel like a new entry and not just a straight copy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the story between Frenchie and Namico, very sweet. :)

I think she fell in love with him because he'll always be there for her no matter what.

No way.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. I’d hate for them to pull a Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, etc and have the main villain pull a 180 at the end of his life and turn good. I’d be ok with Ryan doing that if HL ever dies and he tried to avenge his father but not Homelander himself.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. I’d hate for them to pull a Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, etc and have the main villain pull a 180 at the end of his life and turn good. I’d be ok with Ryan doing that if HL ever dies and he tried to avenge his father but not Homelander himself.

ryan is not all bad yet... yes he had that little smirk at the end of the season finale... But he is still his mothers child... And butcher is still going to try to rescue him...

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ryan is not all bad yet... yes he had that little smirk at the end of the season finale... But he is still his mothers child... And butcher is still going to try to rescue him...
Could there be a scenario where the VP gets ahold of Ryan and Butcher/HL have to team up again?
Or was that just played out with Soldier Boy?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could there be a scenario where the VP gets ahold of Ryan and Butcher/HL have to team up again?
Or was that just played out with Soldier Boy?
i dont see it... The VP isnt evil she is just power hungry... and she needs Homelander to protect her secret...

what is more likely is that the VP helps butcher's group save ryan... and get rid of homelander... But that only works if butchers group can get her out of office... so i doubt that will be the plot...

I actually have no clue where they are going to go... but it seems like they need help somewhere from someone to win next season, as i feel like season 4 will be the conclusion of this show... i dont think they can do much more...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see it... The VP isnt evil she is just power hungry... and she needs Homelander to protect her secret...

what is more likely is that the VP helps butcher's group save ryan... and get rid of homelander... But that only works if butchers group can get her out of office... so i doubt that will be the plot...

I actually have no clue where they are going to go... but it seems like they need help somewhere from someone to win next season, as i feel like season 4 will be the conclusion of this show... i dont think they can do much more...

I dont think the show is anywhere close to done to be honest.

S4 def wont be the last

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the show is anywhere close to done to be honest.

S4 def wont be the last

I hope you are right... as this show is one of my favourites... But i just dont see how long you can make the primary bad guy be the same... and i feel like homelander is too important to the show to succeed without him... same with Butcher... but less so...

if there is a season 5... then homelander has to become an actual villain... He is almost there... but he is still seen as a hero to many...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I liked the episode and the season. I wasn't surprised Butcher protected the boy, he's all that's left of his wife. Ryan beginning to be seduced by his power doesn't seem to be surprising for a young impressionable kid, especially after he sees his father get away with murder just to be cheered on.
Now that Soldier Boy is back on ice there appears to be no one that can stop Homelander so I'm not sure where they go from here. Maybe Butcher gets his hands on actual V to make his powers permanent now that he's dying anyway.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the head guy stated he’s always had a 5 season arc planned and so if that’s true we’re barely past the halfway point.