• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God these episodes are so good (just finished S3E4).

Why the F is everyone talking about Obi Fag Kenobi and his dumbass kid Leia?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting where they're going to take Butcher.... I will say Starr really does hold this whole thing together as Homelander. I can't remember a TV series (including everyone's beloved Breaking Bad) in my life where every moment he's on the screen you're just tensed up and completely unaware WTF is about to happen.... it's absolutely brilliant acting and he plays a narcissist so well it's frightening. I can't think of a film or TV series where someone plays on better... Maybe Amber Turd in her trial?

Unbelievable how good Antony Starr is in this. Every time he's on camera it's such an uncomfortable, tense watch. They cast that role 100% perfectly.

Banshee.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Banshee was good as well, although some of the fight scenes got a little ridiculous. Job's revenge was so sweet though lol.

But IMO Starr's role as Homelander is so much better. Starr was good in Banshee and the first time I was introduced to him, but him playing Homelander is on another level. That guy was born to play that role lol. I can't imagine anyone else playing it. When A-Train back talked him this season, his reaction was genuinely frightening.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One issue I have with all of what’s happened so far… Why is Annie still alive? How many times has she been caught plotting and working to bring Homelander down, only for him to spare her life and allow her to continue doing the same?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One issue I have with all of what’s happened so far… Why is Annie still alive? How many times has she been caught plotting and working to bring Homelander down, only for him to spare her life and allow her to continue doing the same?
She still is beloved by most of America and at least half of homelander seems to want that. ;)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She's a HUGE influencer (#1 in the market). If she gets killed or 'disappears' EVERYONE will suspect foul play by Vought (especially now) which sinks the entire supe industry. I assume they will kill her if they have to, but it's a last resort as it would definitely mean the end of the Company. That said, if you look at Corporate America this stuff happens. People quit and say the CEO was sexually harassing/assaulting people, the Company is a sham, the culture is disgusting, etc. and the Company lives on through damage control and NDAs.... it's why Edgar was valuable and right.

Technically a smart business would accuse Annie of defamatory remarks and sue her in Court (calling Homelander 'the worst of them' - even though he is, that is defamation), have her sign an NDA, and do damage control. That said, Homelander is not a businessman. He's a sociopath to a TEE according to psychological profiling. He's not cold/calculated at all like a psychopath, but more hot headed and doesn't think about the impact of his actions or plan ahead much (without serious aid from someone else, and Ashley isn't Edgar). Given the powers Homelander has, sociopathy may actually be more dangerous than psychopathy, because sociopaths act on impulse and don't think about consequences, Homelander may just lose it and start wiping civilians out (like the scene where he lasers the whole crowd in his head). A psychopath would try to re-establish control and gauge the situation and make an intelligent/calculated move.

So that said, at this point it's wide open as to what could happen but killing Annie would have SERIOUS repercussions and may be the final nail in the coffin for Vought. If they did kill Annie, at that point the show devolves into full supervillain vs. superhero - I think that's where it may go but I also think the writers are a bit smarter than that, especially since there's a green light for another season

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a HUGE influencer (#1 in the market). If she gets killed or 'disappears' EVERYONE will suspect foul play by Vought (especially now) which sinks the entire supe industry. I assume they will kill her if they have to, but it's a last resort as it would definitely mean the end of the Company. That said, if you look at Corporate America this stuff happens. People quit and say the CEO was sexually harassing/assaulting people, the Company is a sham, the culture is disgusting, etc. and the Company lives on through damage control and NDAs.... it's why Edgar was valuable and right.

Technically a smart business would accuse Annie of defamatory remarks and sue her in Court (calling Homelander 'the worst of them' - even though he is, that is defamation), have her sign an NDA, and do damage control. That said, Homelander is not a businessman. He's a sociopath to a TEE according to psychological profiling. He's not cold/calculated at all like a psychopath, but more hot headed and doesn't think about the impact of his actions or plan ahead much (without serious aid from someone else, and Ashley isn't Edgar). Given the powers Homelander has, sociopathy may actually be more dangerous than psychopathy, because sociopaths act on impulse and don't think about consequences, Homelander may just lose it and start wiping civilians out (like the scene where he lasers the whole crowd in his head). A psychopath would try to re-establish control and gauge the situation and make an intelligent/calculated move.

So that said, at this point it's wide open as to what could happen but killing Annie would have SERIOUS repercussions and may be the final nail in the coffin for Vought. If they did kill Annie, at that point the show devolves into full supervillain vs. superhero - I think that's where it may go but I also think the writers are a bit smarter than that, especially since there's a green light for another season
But he didn’t blast the crowd. If he were a true Sociopath, wouldn’t he have acted on that impulse?

He wants to be loved. He knows how to cultivate his image and he does suppress his urges for mass destruction. I don’t think he is a full Sociopath.

And who would the “heroes” be in a huge Superhero vs Supervillain war be? Annie and maybe Maeve? Every other supe we have met would be full fledged team villain.

MAYBE…

Noir
Deep
A-Train (seems to be getting some minor redemption)
Hughie and Butcher (by default, if you consider them supes)
MM (he is the moral compas of the show at this point, but isn’t a supe)
Frenchie (not a supe)
Kimiko (supe?)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn’t blast the crowd. If he were a true Sociopath, wouldn’t he have acted on that impulse?

He wants to be loved. He knows how to cultivate his image and he does suppress his urges for mass destruction. I don’t think he is a full Sociopath.

And who would the “heroes” be in a huge Superhero vs Supervillain war be? Annie and maybe Maeve? Every other supe we have met would be full fledged team villain.

MAYBE…

Noir
Deep
A-Train (seems to be getting some minor redemption)
Hughie and Butcher (by default, if you consider them supes)
MM (he is the moral compas of the show at this point, but isn’t a supe)
Frenchie (not a supe)
Kimiko (supe?)

Eh true... maybe he had a bit of restraint there, but I imagine if he gets pushed a little too far it's happening for real.

Other heroes may be Soldier Boy, and Butcher, Hughie, and maybe Kamiko by taking the compound V24. Also, maybe there was someone else in hiding on Soldier Boys team that truly was innocent and disagreed with the rest of the group (but had to go along otherwise would be killed) and fights beside him.

And I say I think it may go there, but also the writers seem a bit too smart to go that 'cliche' route.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh true... maybe he had a bit of restraint there, but I imagine if he gets pushed a little too far it's happening for real.

Other heroes may be Soldier Boy, and Butcher, Hughie, and maybe Kamiko by taking the compound V24. Also, maybe there was someone else in hiding on Soldier Boys team that truly was innocent and disagreed with the rest of the group (but had to go along otherwise would be killed) and fights beside him.

And I say I think it may go there, but also the writers seem a bit too smart to go that 'cliche' route.
I agree it won’t happen. That isn’t what this show is about. It is more about blowing up the superhero trope and corrupting it. And it does a very good job at doing that.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starlight is very popular right now, but she's been caught several times even during season one, only to have her life spared, and left alone to keep plotting. She should be at least on house arrest at Vaught tower, pretending to have a normal happy life to the public, and she should have gotten another tracking implant.

Still, great series and this is just a minor complaint

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, Soldier Boy might be even more evil than Homelander, particularly after being tortured for almost 40 years. Homelander's origin story could lead to him getting some sympatry and maybe even ending with some redemption, considering that he still has a somewhat good side and has shown mercy a few times to Starlight, Butcher, Hughie and Maeve.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimiko (supe?)
Is she still a supe? I will say, that’s been my only complaint of this season so far, otherwise it’s been amazing.

She woke up in the hospital saying her powers were gone and she couldn’t even lift that monitor and yet after she gets kidnapped she’s still throwing guys around and overpowering them but she’s still not healing herself. Maybe SB’s blast only temporarily knocked out her powers but then she should at least be healing herself again now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she still a supe? I will say, that’s been my only complaint of this season so far, otherwise it’s been amazing.

She woke up in the hospital saying her powers were gone and she couldn’t even lift that monitor and yet after she gets kidnapped she’s still throwing guys around and overpowering them but she’s still not healing herself. Maybe SB’s blast only temporarily knocked out her powers but then she should at least be healing herself again now.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. We don’t really know atm.

I wonder if maybe she has different powers now? Or maybe Frenchie has powers? WTF was up with that musical scene. Could that ave been one of their powers? If not, whose hallucination was it? Frenchies or Kimiko’s?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started this... only 3 episodes in. It's a lot of fun so far.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably the greatest opening scene of any show, ever.

I was like WTF??? My daughter just turned me on to it, though I had seen this thread.. she said it gets better each season. Digging it so far.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ep 7 is setting up a hell of a finale.

Not the most original twist, but well executed. And the part about the effects of V and Butchers trauma is a good story