• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big One

If you had to pick...

• Favre

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Lynn Dickey!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Packer fans I know tend to avoid this question like the plague. I think it's out of respect for both players, and also because it'd be a HARD question for any of us to answer. They've both given us Super Bowl memories. A lot of people don't want to pick sides and rehash all the hard feelings from a few years back. But you know what, I don't care about your feelings. :D

If you had to pick... Favre or Rodgers?

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved what Favre did for the Packers.....minus the baggage....but during that time, even though I liked him, he wasn't my favorite player. When he was good, he was amazing. Then would come that interception you could see coming a mile away, and you wanted to break your TV. I would give the edge to Rodgers overall.....he is in my opinion, the more rounded QB, and he isn't even done yet.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Forgot to add a poll. Let me see if I can do it retroactively.

There we go. Poll activated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly as a Bear fan I loved playing against burt. He was good for 2 picks a game. AR is the real deal. Burt IMO is the most overrated player in sports history.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Favre but man did he ever break your heart...almost every year.

Favre has alot of records but most of them are due to his longevity, but his mid 90s seasons were one of the best stretches by a QB.

With that said it is hard to judge them against each other since one of them is still playing.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap I accidently voted for Favre so scratch that from your final tally.
Favre was great, and gave us all great memories but for every thrilling play, game, comeback there was just as many heartbreaks. Rodgers is the prototypical NFL QB. He has it all, and can do everything Favre could. But when it comes down to it, he rarely if ever puts the team in bad situations because of a turnover or bad decision that leaves you wondering "wtf?" Favre did that way to many times in his career.
And I love seeing Lynn's name there. Injuries robbed him of years and some of his talent but the guy was a pure passer who could light it up with the best of them. Those early 80s offenses could score on anybody at anytime. The problem was having an absolutely horrible defense that finished at the bottom every year. Give Lynn a top 10 defense in those years and we might be remembering another championship Packer team.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im goin with Favre but will keep an eye on Rodgers and say he always could move into 1st

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Rodgers simply because he's Brett Favre but without the interceptions and more agility.

Lynn Dickey....really???:laugh3:

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dickey was one of the top quarterbacks when he played, and only (serious) injuries and the fact that he had to skipper terrible, terrible squads throughout most of his career held him back from levels of historical acclaim. That said, Bart Starr should have been the #3 choice.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to put Starr in because I wanted it to be about Favre and Rodgers. Dickey was just in there because he deserves a name drop now and then. The forgotten Packer QB.