• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can design an offense that will take advantage of JF's strengths. He did it with Jackson.

There's no doubt he could produce a lot of good. But his scheme in Baltimore ultimately got derailed because once you went up against a good defense in the playoffs and they stack the box and force you to pass...you're suddenly one dimensional and beatable.

If the Bears keep Fields...whoever helms the offensive coaching staff needs to be able to develop Fields as a passer. Fields has a strong arm. He's far more accurate on deep throws than he gets credit for. Someone just has to be able to construct an offense that utilizes the arm talent and can coach Fields to break his bad habit of wanting receivers to be college open instead of NFL open. Then and only then will Fields take a step forward.

I say no thank you to a run first offense with designed QB runs on every drive. If you were to highlight the 20 best runs in Fields career I am willing to be that at least 15 of them were on plays where he improvised and ran instead of being designed that way.

Fields is far closer to being Josh Allen than he is Lamar Jackson. It took a few years but Allen got the help and coaching he needed to unlock his talents and install an offense that utilizes them. Fields may never get that but if he does I don't think Roman is that guy.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears want CW as their qb,I tend to think this is ideal.......

I think the Bears hire KK,CW is the pick........
last i read,bears wanted bienemy to tutor williams.can,t imagine why though.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt he could produce a lot of good. But his scheme in Baltimore ultimately got derailed because once you went up against a good defense in the playoffs and they stack the box and force you to pass...you're suddenly one dimensional and beatable.

If the Bears keep Fields...whoever helms the offensive coaching staff needs to be able to develop Fields as a passer. Fields has a strong arm. He's far more accurate on deep throws than he gets credit for. Someone just has to be able to construct an offense that utilizes the arm talent and can coach Fields to break his bad habit of wanting receivers to be college open instead of NFL open. Then and only then will Fields take a step forward.

I say no thank you to a run first offense with designed QB runs on every drive. If you were to highlight the 20 best runs in Fields career I am willing to be that at least 15 of them were on plays where he improvised and ran instead of being designed that way.

Fields is far closer to being Josh Allen than he is Lamar Jackson. It took a few years but Allen got the help and coaching he needed to unlock his talents and install an offense that utilizes them. Fields may never get that but if he does I don't think Roman is that guy.

Fields is the heartfelt move. Man I'd love to see us win with him. He's a good kid and I really thought he'd be an answer for us.

But drafting a QB #1 has to be the smart move.

We had 3 of the best players in franchise history (Brian Urlacher/Charles Tillman/Lance Briggs) all playing at the same time for 9 years (2003-2011).

We made the playoffs 3 of those 9 years. *deep sigh*

Our young, arrogant GM Ryan Poles gets hired and says "We're going to take the North and never give it back."

Right. Minnesota and Green Bay are 2 of the top 10 most winningest franchises (regular season win %) in the history of the NFL...and you, Ryan Poles...with our sh*t ownership...are going to outmaneuver those franchises so much that you dominate the North? Oh, you're going to do it with Justin Fields and Matt Eberflus? Oh wait...The f*cking Lions are good now, too? *deeper sigh*

Yeah...We might catch lightning in a bottle if we hold on to the Justin Fields dream and make a run or two...but I just can't see sustained success with Fields anymore. He's not THAT guy. We all went into this past season saying "We'll get our answer about Justin this year"...and here we are again...waffling. Why? That's what this season was meant to answer, right?

Sh*t is annoying, that's all I'll say.

You want to take the North and never get it back? FIND A BONA FIDE ZERO DOUBT ABOUT IT FRANCHISE QB.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIND A BONA FIDE ZERO DOUBT ABOUT IT FRANCHISE QB.
Wouldn't it be something if he traded Fields and our #1's for Stroud?
:loco2:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a discussion similar to this on twitter last week. The guy basically said how can you blame Getsy for Field's shortcomings when he was in GB and coached Rodgers/Love.

The title of OC loses luster when you are behind a HC like LaFleur, Shanahan, or Reid. Those guys are the true OCs in those systems.
proof in point, there has been a lot of rancor from Chief's fans for Nagy's play calling this year. Play design? Not sure if he is still play calling? But the Chief's offense has not been nearly as productive since Nagy re showed up.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is the heartfelt move. Man I'd love to see us win with him. He's a good kid and I really thought he'd be an answer for us.

But drafting a QB #1 has to be the smart move.

We had 3 of the best players in franchise history (Brian Urlacher/Charles Tillman/Lance Briggs) all playing at the same time for 9 years (2003-2011).

We made the playoffs 3 of those 9 years. *deep sigh*

Our young, arrogant GM Ryan Poles gets hired and says "We're going to take the North and never give it back."

Right. Minnesota and Green Bay are 2 of the top 10 most winningest franchises (regular season win %) in the history of the NFL...and you, Ryan Poles...with our sh*t ownership...are going to outmaneuver those franchises so much that you dominate the North? Oh, you're going to do it with Justin Fields and Matt Eberflus? Oh wait...The f*cking Lions are good now, too? *deeper sigh*

Yeah...We might catch lightning in a bottle if we hold on to the Justin Fields dream and make a run or two...but I just can't see sustained success with Fields anymore. He's not THAT guy. We all went into this past season saying "We'll get our answer about Justin this year"...and here we are again...waffling. Why? That's what this season was meant to answer, right?

Sh*t is annoying, that's all I'll say.

You want to take the North and never get it back? FIND A BONA FIDE ZERO DOUBT ABOUT IT FRANCHISE QB.
I'll preface my remarks by saying I have not seen one single game or much looking on Youtube on Williams the USC QB or for that matter Maye, so I have only a weird vibe based on my lunch of Mexican fast food. Williams is this year's Young and Maye is this years Stroud. That's what my weird juju, not an NFL QB or College QB analysts, bad meal mind is warning me.

PS: Glad I'm not a GM in the nfl.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface my remarks by saying I have not seen one single game or much looking on Youtube on Williams the USC QB or for that matter Maye, so I have only a weird vibe based on my lunch of Mexican fast food. Williams is this year's Young and Maye is this years Stroud. That's what my weird juju, not an NFL QB or College QB analysts, bad meal mind is warning me.

PS: Glad I'm not a GM in the nfl.

That damn taco bell will do it everytime.......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait, Kliff Kingsbury got beat down so bad that he had to take an offensive analysist and QB coach job last year, now he is getting credit for all the development of Caleb Williams? He had him one season. This is the hot topic in Chicago because its pointing at getting another primadonna QB to deem franchise?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the names of the OC candidates who the Bears have interviewed or are set to interview:

Based on the bits provided for each candidate, to me the two that stick out most favorably are Zac Robinson and Klint Kubiak. Altho with the latter, while the numbers the Vikes produced under his watch in the '21 season are pretty impressive, it begs the question as to why he lasted for just a single season. It would be nice to get some feedback from the SportsHoopla Vikings fans on him. As far as Kingsbury goes, it sure does seem like if he's the one getting the job, Williams would undoubtedly be our #1 pick.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak probably got job too soon in mn and only because his dad retired and Zim was loyal. Zim also hired his son as DC.

Kubiak fate was sealed when Zim was fired. Not many coaches keep coordinators from prior especially if the coordinator is from same side of ball as new HC

I will say koc got more out cousins then Zim and any of his OC did. Not sure if it was Zim or OC. One year wasn't enough for me to judge kubiak especially on a sinking ship

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, tonight we see how far behind the North we really are. Love with no name receivers, will hopefully be destroyed by the niners. But if Green Bay and Detroit end up playing for the NFC title, I would think we are alot farther behind than we all thought.

I just know Dan "Balls" Campbell is going to make a decision so bad it may add strikes that eventually cost him his job

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, tonight we see how far behind the North we really are. Love with no name receivers, will hopefully be destroyed by the niners. But if Green Bay and Detroit end up playing for the NFC title, I would think we are alot farther behind than we all thought.

I just know Dan "Balls" Campbell is going to make a decision so bad it may add strikes that eventually cost him his job

SF should just absolutley maul GB.......

GB I believe was last years NYG team that way overchieved.......

I dont expect much from them next season.......
Altho,I hate the Pack,its not as badly hated for me as when Rodgers was there.....
Love is much more likable,but zi still hate Aaron Jones.....

Detroit will still be alive and kicking next season,they got a nice rb in Gibbs to go along with LaPorta and those wrs.......