• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Justin Fields. I think his potential to be way better than he's shown is there. I think he's been misused and poorly coached. And I think with the right coach and scheme he'd be dangerous. All that being said...it is painfully obvious that trading him and drafting a QB #1 is the right thing to do.

For starters....thanks to the sheer number of teams that want a new QB you can probably get more than Fields is worth right now. You might even be able to con a team out of their first round pick.

And you just don't find yourself in situations like this very much. A chance to reset on the fly and still be a playoff contender next season. Poles has so much as his disposal that he can truly turn this franchise around this offseason. To ignore that would be silly.

With the Bears cap situation, their draft picks, and the draft class coming out....this is an amazing time to be alive for Poles. I sadly have the feeling they will find ways to fuck it all up. But the oppurtunity is there to do something great.

Bears interviewed Greg Roman out of left field. Fields might still be in play.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Bills Super Bowl would be so awesome.

Would love to see one of those franchises win it.

Granted, one would have to lose in that scenario...but still. It would be nice. So tired of Chiefs and Niners. Ravens have been there too although it would be nice to see them win for Roquan. I guess they would be my third choice.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted, one would have to lose in that scenario...but still. It would be nice. So tired of Chiefs and Niners. Ravens have been there too although it would be nice to see them win for Roquan. I guess they would be my third choice.

I put a $30 wager on the Ravens last Labor Day to win the SB........

It pays back 570.......

If not for that,Im all for Detroit or Buffalo......

Roquan and David montgomery........I can cheer for that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears interviewed Greg Roman out of left field. Fields might still be in play.

I think Poles is definitely doing his due diligence and there's nothing wrong with that. He did say he would ask all candidates what they would do differently with Fields vs what they would do with any possible QB they could draft.

I don't have an issue with him exploring every option.

I 100% do not want Roman to be the OC, regardless of who the QB is. If we wanted to run a run run pass punt offense we could just see if Ron Turner is still breathing and bring him back for a 3rd tour of duty.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't bring myself to want the Lions to win. Bills fanbase deserves a win but what those lunatics might do if they win is a scary thought.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Poles is definitely doing his due diligence and there's nothing wrong with that. He did say he would ask all candidates what they would do differently with Fields vs what they would do with any possible QB they could draft.

I don't have an issue with him exploring every option.

I 100% do not want Roman to be the OC, regardless of who the QB is. If we wanted to run a run run pass punt offense we could just see if Ron Turner is still breathing and bring him back for a 3rd tour of duty.

Hiring Roman does have that "Great season, but bounced in the playoffs" feel to it. Hell, that's his history. But there's no way they are considering Roman under any other situation than keeping Fields. So it is interesting.

I doubt they hire him...but you never know. Bears do weird sh*t and Poles keeps the ship locked tight.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now I'm 100% with ya. When I first heard his name was in the mix I was fairly jazzed until a little more digging revealed he's a throwback coordinator, as in run run run. Now I gots nuthin against running the ball. Easily the best way to wear down a defense in the back half. But we exist in a pass-happy NFL these days and you're only going to get so far without a solid passing game. One thing we can't overlook is if Roman does get the job, this might be a stronger indication that Poles intends to keep Fields.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now I'm 100% with ya. When I first heard his name was in the mix I was fairly jazzed until a little more digging revealed he's a throwback coordinator, as in run run run. Now I gots nuthin against running the ball. Easily the best way to wear down a defense in the back half. But we exist in a pass-happy NFL these days and you're only going to get so far without a solid passing game. One thing we can't overlook is if Roman does get the job, this might be a stronger indication that Poles intends to keep Fields.
Running the ball good enough to bring a safety in the box to open the deep throws is how you ignite the passing game with a massive run game. Forcing the run game when you are getting no where and forcing a team to throw is a recipe for disaster. Honestly, Eberflus wants his defense to play a 20 minute game, and that happens with 12 play drives.

I just want to see some cohesiveness. Pretty sure Poles hired Getsy without even considering what Flus wanted. At least it makes it sound like Flus is in the room this time.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy has been with the Packers since 2014 under the help of Aaron Rodgers,he should of learned to open that playbook up more than he did,unless of course he played to JFs strength.......

I just dont understand how you can be underneath a hof player of Rodgers and just completely throw away the playbook......

Baffling

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy has been with the Packers since 2014 under the help of Aaron Rodgers,he should of learned to open that playbook up more than he did,unless of course he played to JFs strength.......

I just dont understand how you can be underneath a hof player of Rodgers and just completely throw away the playbook......

Baffling
I can. JF is no where near the level AR plays at. You need to change the playbook for him.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baffling
All it showed me is Getsy had very little to do with play calling on game day. Get the players prepared for the game, sure, but actually calling a good game with no audibles, I highly doubted it. When Rodgers had to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds, he got rid of the ball in 2 seconds.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can. JF is no where near the level AR plays at. You need to change the playbook for him.

You're right,JF is not in the same zipcode as AR,but you would think Getsy would instill what he has seen from Rodgers into Justin.......

Watching the Pack play,they show comparisons between Aaron and Love....
Thats coaching,why has not Justin learned any of that from Getsy.......

not sure who is at fault.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it showed me is Getsy had very little to do with play calling on game day. Get the players prepared for the game, sure, but actually calling a good game with no audibles, I highly doubted it. When Rodgers had to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds, he got rid of the ball in 2 seconds.

GEtsys time here was bad,too many times Im wondering why he is calling so many short passes instead of ghrowing it downfield to open up the defense......

Not sure who to blame,his playcalling,or Justins inability to see downfield or he couldnt hit an open reciever.....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right,JF is not in the same zipcode as AR,but you would think Getsy would instill what he has seen from Rodgers into Justin.......

Getsy wasn’t part of developing Rodgers.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy wasn’t part of developing Rodgers.
Yes,but he was part of that as a wr ciach,offensive personel,meetings,but yet wouldnt you think he should be in the know......??
To be in Packers organization for 7 years,and you dont know how to develop a qb after watching Rodgers all 7 and he didnt learn anything.....??

Thats why hes fired I guess......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a $30 wager on the Ravens last Labor Day to win the SB........

It pays back 570.......

If not for that,Im all for Detroit or Buffalo......

Roquan and David montgomery........I can cheer for that.
Fuck Roquan.

Dude was actually kind of a bitch when here. Remember when he went MIA for 5 games or whatever the fuck it was, for mental health er some shit?

I can root for Montgomery, Roquan can eat a dick.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Roquan.

Dude was actually kind of a bitch when here. Remember when he went MIA for 5 games or whatever the fuck it was, for mental health er some shit?

I can root for Montgomery, Roquan can eat a dick.

He was traveling the world and smoking gahnja with Ricky Williams and Lenny Kravitz....and Saint Omni.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

technically, Rodgers was like Farve because he watched him for 3 years, just like Love is like Rodgers because he watched him play for three years. In the 2035 draft, after the packers sign Love to a 3 year 375 million dollar extension, my money is on they pick another quarterback first round.

All the whiney Packer fans calling Love a wasted draft pick are as stupid as our fans are for crying to have our new rookie franchise QB1 start game 1. We tried it twice, it did not work, but here we go wanting to try it all over again.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears draft a QB #1 they have no choice but to start him.

The Packers had the luxury of sitting Rodgers because they had Favre. They sat Love because they had Rodgers. KC could sit Mahomes because of Smith.

If the Bears sit a #1 draft pick it's gonna be to start Tyson Bagent. And you'd be doing that with a defense that is good enough to be in the playoffs and a coach on the hotseat. No way is it happening.

Last edited: