• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears host a London game next year....Tottenham HotSpur Bears?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the Bears are going to do (obviously) but it is really, real hard to pass on Harrison when the Bears currently have 1 wide receiver with a shit. Bears need to find at least 2 more by draft of Free Agency, regardless of who's qb'n.

Sorry,I just didnt want to add draft talk to an opponents thread......

But heres my take,Im all for a wr to compliment DJ,but I also think Odunze or Nabers could fill that spot.......but this is assuming we get Maye or Caleb......If we keep Fields and pass on MHJ.....:gaah:!!!!

And look at this article.......>shakinhead<

Not happpening.....sign a top dlineman instead.....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it a hunch, but I think Brian Griese is going to be the next big thing OC. think we would be wise to interview him at the very least. I hope we get him. I still remember his headset “going out” during a game winning drive.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it a hunch, but I think Brian Griese is going to be the next big thing OC. think we would be wise to interview him at the very least. I hope we get him. I still remember his headset “going out” during a game winning drive.
That would be right out of left field…Not sure with the already bad public perception of not firing Eberflus that they want to roll with another Griese. Reception would be pretty bad is my guess. But Bears gonna do what Bears gonna do so I guess never say never.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be right out of left field…Not sure with the already bad public perception of not firing Eberflus that they want to roll with another Griese. Reception would be pretty bad is my guess. But Bears gonna do what Bears gonna do so I guess never say never.
What would you think of the move?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you think of the move?
I don’t have big opinions on coaches before I see how they perform with the Bears. IE Griese and Roman and this guy from Seattle. All the same to me. I was more hoping we would bring in an established winner for HC. Once we’re back in “what if” territory its all the same.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have big opinions on coaches before I see how they perform with the Bears. IE Griese and Roman and this guy from Seattle. All the same to me. I was more hoping we would bring in an established winner for HC. Once we’re back in “what if” territory its all the same.
I agree with the HC idea, I think we shouldve gotten rid of flus. However, that didn’t happen. I just think Brian Griese has been around the highest level of football for practically his entire life. His father was the QB of the only undefeated Super Bowl champs. He was an NFL starting QB for a long time. He’s now in the coaching game. I think it would be wise to bring in as many people as him as possible.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing some bad news about Calab Williams stemming from the fact he has not declared for the draft. He has until the 15th. He can declare after but the supplemental draft removes the Bears from #1 and puts the Panthers back in at one.

As for reason, rumor mill is running rampant. Everything from He wants a % of the team ownership that drafts him (illegal under NFL current rules) to he wants an assurance from the Bears they are trading the #1 pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing some bad news about Calab Williams stemming from the fact he has not declared for the draft. He has until the 15th. He can declare after but the supplemental draft removes the Bears from #1 and puts the Panthers back in at one.

As for reason, rumor mill is running rampant. Everything from He wants a % of the team ownership that drafts him (illegal under NFL current rules) to he wants an assurance from the Bears they are trading the #1 pick.

This just in.......:

He is doing us two favors- 1st we trade down.....Jackpot!!
One of those two teams will be vying for that no.1 pick......we could r*pe both oth them in a bidding war,and add another team in the mix with all that.....jackpot!!
WE play Washington and New England next season,if he gets drafted by one of those two,we get to kick the fuck out of him......jackpot!!
IF he gets drafted by NE,he plays in Chicago......Us Bear fans will tear him apart.....!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should just keep him in limbo. Let him miss the big payday of the no. 1 overall pick.

This whole CW nonsense smacks of when Brian Bosworth was coming out and wanted the NFL to change linebacker numbering rules.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes back to USC,there goes the semand for the first.......

id ask where he wants to go and r*pe the team....or just tell to hold on,call him back and tell him said team doesnt want him...... :dhd:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes back to USC,there goes the semand for the first.......
Half the league needs a QB so the demand is still there.

This kid is getting more annoying by the second. Like he knows how all of the coaching hires etc will line up before the 15th.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in.......:

He is doing us two favors- 1st we trade down.....Jackpot!!
One of those two teams will be vying for that no.1 pick......we could r*pe both oth them in a bidding war,and add another team in the mix with all that.....jackpot!!
WE play Washington and New England next season,if he gets drafted by one of those two,we get to kick the fuck out of him......jackpot!!
IF he gets drafted by NE,he plays in Chicago......Us Bear fans will tear him apart.....!
That's been confirmed as fake news.

Also, why would that do us a favor in the bidding war for the #1 pick? If we wanted to trade down? There would already be the same bidding war, for the same pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been confirmed as fake news.

Also, why would that do us a favor in the bidding war for the #1 pick? If we wanted to trade down? There would already be the same bidding war, for the same pick.

not sure if fake news.......could be someone drumming shit up......

If he went back to college I doubt the 1st would be as appealing without the name Williams attatched to it....
I dont think the other qbs are as highly regarded.....

And doing us a favor if he stayed and Poles doesnt want the headache,it makes his job a little simpler.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if fake news.......could be someone drumming shit up......

If he went back to college I doubt the 1st would be as appealing without the name Williams attatched to it....
I dont think the other qbs are as highly regarded.....

And doing us a favor if he stayed and Poles doesnt want the headache,it makes his job a little simpler.
I believe Maye would become THE only highly ranked qb left and there would be a bidding war for him IF the Bears choose to trade down.

Other than these two qb's, Williams and Maye, the rest of the class os average at best. Again, from what analyst's say. >shrug<

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Maye would become THE only highly ranked qb left and there would be a bidding war for him IF the Bears choose to trade down.

Other than these two qb's, Williams and Maye, the rest of the class os average at best. Again, from what analyst's say. >shrug<

Same,I dunno.......