• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell is going to make a decision so bad
Why change now? Look where the Lions are. Take away his decisions that backfired, and they'd probably be the #1 seed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true idiot.
Mind Blown GIF

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at a tale of two games.

Yesterday: GB leading in 4th quarter. Son of a mother &/:$;$@;”;—!!,!?:$,&,& God damn &:)4&,9. Man…F*ck this goddamn &:&;”(@:)-(/:-)!!..

Today: Lions score first td vs Bucs. “Good for you Lions! Go get you that trofee!”

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should just absolutley maul GB.......

GB I believe was last years NYG team that way overchieved.......

I dont expect much from them next season.......
Altho,I hate the Pack,its not as badly hated for me as when Rodgers was there.....
Love is much more likable,but zi still hate Aaron Jones.....

Detroit will still be alive and kicking next season,they got a nice rb in Gibbs to go along with LaPorta and those wrs.......
The Green Bay offense is going to hum for the rest of loves career. Defensively, they have some good pieces. I think they are going to be back on top of the division again next season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the first time I can say that I’m confident poles is going to make a good call on how to proceed. We traded the first pick last year for the first pick this year in a much better draft for QBs, Oline, and receivers. I am almost always wrong about how a QB will fare in the NFL and I’m pretty sure it’s a crap shoot with every other fan. Do I think CW is the answer? No. But I don’t know him. Poles is going to have a much better idea than any of us. If we end up taking him and trading fields for a second rounder, then I’ll be happy. If we trade back and keep fields, I’ll be happy. It seems like this team is on the right track for the first time since the 2006.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the first time I can say that I’m confident poles is going to make a good call on how to proceed. We traded the first pick last year for the first pick this year in a much better draft for QBs, Oline, and receivers. I am almost always wrong about how a QB will fare in the NFL and I’m pretty sure it’s a crap shoot with every other fan. Do I think CW is the answer? No. But I don’t know him. Poles is going to have a much better idea than any of us. If we end up taking him and trading fields for a second rounder, then I’ll be happy. If we trade back and keep fields, I’ll be happy. It seems like this team is on the right track for the first time since the 2006.
I hope so. We see the level of competition with these elite teams and can see how far behind we really are. I cannot stand this current NFL where all a QB has to do is get drafted to get called elite or franchise. We can see how an elite defense and a running back for a QB is doing. The main thing I hope everyone watches is how an elite center changes an offensive line. I am tired of hearing "its too high to pick a center". Well, you see a Kelce, a Ragnow, a Humphrey (did you see that play where KC pulled the center and he went out and took out the right side of the would be tacklers) defines an offensive line. They need to get the absolute best this year. I dont think Detroit whines that Ragnow was a first rounder, or KC saying Humphrey was a second rounder and think they reached because there was once a guy named Kelce they got in the 6th. They got Brady in the 6th, it does not happen often. It took 25 years for Purdy.

As far as I am concerned, you can flip a coin between Fields and Williams. Whatever CW's crew puts out there might not be his views. I just see a telling stat about mediocre play against top 25 teams and hear the same kind of excuses we hear about Fields.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with every new coach, wait and see what happens. Seems like as good of an option as any out there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. We see the level of competition with these elite teams and can see how far behind we really are. I cannot stand this current NFL where all a QB has to do is get drafted to get called elite or franchise. We can see how an elite defense and a running back for a QB is doing. The main thing I hope everyone watches is how an elite center changes an offensive line. I am tired of hearing "its too high to pick a center". Well, you see a Kelce, a Ragnow, a Humphrey (did you see that play where KC pulled the center and he went out and took out the right side of the would be tacklers) defines an offensive line. They need to get the absolute best this year. I dont think Detroit whines that Ragnow was a first rounder, or KC saying Humphrey was a second rounder and think they reached because there was once a guy named Kelce they got in the 6th. They got Brady in the 6th, it does not happen often. It took 25 years for Purdy.

As far as I am concerned, you can flip a coin between Fields and Williams. Whatever CW's crew puts out there might not be his views. I just see a telling stat about mediocre play against top 25 teams and hear the same kind of excuses we hear about Fields.
The thing that gives me a little reassurance is the coaches they are bringing in. It looks like they are leaving no stone unturned. They are getting every OCs opinion on how to proceed in these interviews. Greg Roman probably came in and told them how he would proceed (probably with fields) and gave them an argument for keeping fields. Kliff Kingsbury came in and gave an argument for Caleb Williams. They are clearly doing their homework. I wouldn’t even be surprised if those two “interviews” were really just meant to gather more information and neither coaching candidate even had a chance at the job.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that gives me a little reassurance is the coaches they are bringing in. It looks like they are leaving no stone unturned. They are getting every OCs opinion on how to proceed in these interviews. Greg Roman probably came in and told them how he would proceed (probably with fields) and gave them an argument for keeping fields. Kliff Kingsbury came in and gave an argument for Caleb Williams. They are clearly doing their homework. I wouldn’t even be surprised if those two “interviews” were really just meant to gather more information and neither coaching candidate even had a chance at the job.

Probably a little bit of both...You never know who is going to walk in the door and impress you.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take more of Kliff if he had Caleb for his entire college career. He just had him this last season and was a consultant and QB coach.

Basically 120 fewer chances, 900 fewer yards, but the QBR is basically the same.

I just want a QB that knows what NFL open is. One that seems to communicate with this team on the field.

Josh Henson was his offensive coordinator all three years, why wasnt he interviewed? Not interested? Not given permission?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the Shanahan/McVay line, was on the "list" near the top. Solid hire, solid OC who has been calling plays. Made something out of Geno. Not sure I can read anything out of this hire concerning either Fields or Williams.

He could be taking the job because they offered him a QB at the #1 spot, or he could be taking the job because he see's something in Fields He fully believes he can work with and make successful, ala Smith. >shrugs<

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the Shanahan/McVay line, was on the "list" near the top. Solid hire, solid OC who has been calling plays. Made something out of Geno. Not sure I can read anything out of this hire concerning either Fields or Williams.

He could be taking the job because they offered him a QB at the #1 spot, or he could be taking the job because he see's something in Fields He fully believes he can work with and make successful, ala Smith. >shrugs<

I have a hunch this guy said "I can work with anything you put on the table" and then gave examples of how he would do so with each potential QB we could go with (Most likely Fields/Williams...Maybe Maye or somebody else?!?) It satisfied us and now Poles sees what his best options are for Fields and/or #1 trade possibilities and goes from there.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep JF and trade down a few spots and add more picks. They should be able to get Harrison if they trade down just a few spots and that gives JF some real offensive talent to build a dangerous offense.

And add OL in FA and some defensive guys.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to keep JF and trade down a few spots and add more picks. They should be able to get Harrison if they trade down just a few spots and that gives JF some real offensive talent to build a dangerous offense.

And add OL in FA and some defensive guys.

We did this song and dance ALL LAST SEASON. "Trade down 1-2 spots and get Carter/Anderson blah blah blah."

Nothing even close to that happened.

My guess is that this season is the same.

Some sh*t is gonna come out of left field.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did this song and dance ALL LAST SEASON. "Trade down 1-2 spots and get Carter/Anderson blah blah blah."

Nothing even close to that happened.

My guess is that this season is the same.

Some sh*t is gonna come out of left field.
They improved over the last 9 games and need to hire a legit OC.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They improved over the last 9 games and need to hire a legit OC.

We already hired Seattle's guy. He probably said "Fields is Geno Smith and I needed the f*ck OUT of there...Gimme a real QB before Raiders fans show up and tell us it's not a good idea" in his interview.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already hired Seattle's guy. He probably said "Fields is Geno Smith and I needed the f*ck OUT of there...Gimme a real QB before Raiders fans show up and tell us it's not a good idea" in his interview.
Aren't you clever?

LOL

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you clever?

LOL

I'm in with Fields or a new QB. I just have no idea wtf is going to happen. Fields is the "We make the playoffs 25-33% of the time and hope for lighting in a bottle" option though. It just is what it is. He is not THAT guy. So any season with a bad injury or a good player having an off season or FA/draft pickups not working out? We're gonna be in the backseat. Just like before.

Ain't nobody winning big and consistently with the 2500 passing yards per year quarterback. Best option there is that your GM rises above ALL OTHER GM's...and brings you to the playoffs on roster excellence...just to lose to a team with a real QB.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot stand this current NFL where all a QB has to do is get drafted to get called elite or franchise. We can see how an elite defense and a running back for a QB is doing. The main thing I hope everyone watches is how an elite center changes an offensive line. I am tired of hearing "its too high to pick a center".

So to clarify....drafting a QB and calling him elite is dumb. But doing the same for a center.....is smart?