• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont even think their system comes into play. Both were running the offensive system of their head coaches. Reid and Lafleur. Lafleur was OC of the rams, but did not call plays, just like Nagy did not call plays his first stint with the chiefs. LaFleur left the rams and McVay to go to the Titans just because he could call his own plays, Nagy also took the head coaching job with us and personally I thought he did so he could call his own plays. Getsy never called plays for the Packers.

You notice Reid is calling plays for Mahomes again, but both Mahomes and Rodgers were audible happy QB's. The packers bought the super bowl winning offense of the rams, the bears bought the super bowl winning offense of the chiefs, not the coaches systems.
Yes, and both run by hof qb's. And if they audible at the line, they are doing so using in system plays. Neither are drawing routes on the palm of their hands in the huddle, just in case.

Which gets us back to the new OC. It is on him, no way Eberflus is calling O plays. And he has had success with average Joe qb's.

And yea, Nagy might have been removed from play calling because, as we all know, he sucks at it.

Now, I have no clue what the Vears move will be with pick #1, but Waldron can go either way, or so it appears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of the players signed up for the Senior Bowl and their current projected rankings for the draft:

A little surprising that QB Michael Penix, Jr is on the roster. I think he'd want to avoid the possibility of an injury just a couple of months prior to the draft. Maybe he feels he needs to show more to up his draft position. Definitely some names of interest at a number of positions to keep an eye on, including the top 3 centers in the draft.

And in a related note of interest, two of our assistant coaches will be working the game:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and the Bears hired the assistant QB coach from Seattle, Casey Joseph. Played in Canada into his 40's as a QB. I'm sure this has a lot to do with a continuance of the OC's system, so I suppose this is good news from that perspective.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh, say what?

Barry ran a 3-4 scheme, not a 4-3. Or at least he ran one until the Packers ran him out of town. A positional coaching role? That would be understandable. But the DC? Tanks, but no tanks.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good news, Barry is out. The bears hired Eric Washington to be the DC. He was the D Line coach under Lovie here, bounced around a little after that, but they needed a guy to get the most out of the line and excecute Eberflus' system.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A much more sensible choice for the DC:

This guy has extensive experience working with the 4-3, making him a logical hire.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think “This is probably our future with Justin Fields” after watching Jackson blow it again yesterday?

Lemiwinks31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think “This is probably our future with Justin Fields” after watching Jackson blow it again yesterday?
You mean Justin going to win an MVP?

I think it was more our past........Baltimore is a running team, Lamar is a running QB, he has never been a consistent pocket passer. But you had a game plan where they pretty much just had Lamar sit in the pocket and try to make plays.....which reminds me of the bears over the last 5 years. Lamar's passing game gets going usually after he(and the RBs)running game gets going. They pretty much completely abandon the run, and even Lamar didnt seem like he wanted to scramble, he chose to force balls into coverage instead.
Ravens offense BADLY outcoached by KC DC

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Justin going to win an MVP?

No...No I do not mean that. I mean the losing in the playoffs because we have an inferior QB to our opponent.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, that kinda crept into my thoughts as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...No I do not mean that. I mean the losing in the playoffs because we have an inferior QB to our opponent.
Let's be fair here tho. EVERY QB in the league is arguably inferior to Mahomes. And I mean every one of them. Jackson did not play a great game, especially by his standards. After all, he's about to be named the MVP this year. But I wouldn't place the blame squarely on his shoulders.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be fair here tho. EVERY QB in the league is arguably inferior to Mahomes. And I mean every one of them. Jackson did not play a great game, especially by his standards. After all, he's about to be named the MVP this year. But I wouldn't place the blame squarely on his shoulders.

F*ck all that. Jackson is a total dud.

2-5 in the playoffs.

Of the 5 losses, 3 of them were the lowest scoring output of the SEASON for the Ravens. The other 2 were the 3rd worst and the 7th worst.

Scary that Fields is considered a poor man's version of this guy. Because he sucks ass when good teams come calling in the playoffs. Comparisons of Fields to him should really be a kiss of death rather than some sort of prop up.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears grabbed Chris Beatty for a WR coach. "Coached DJ Moore in college, was the Chargers WR coach last year. Lots of experience, seems like a solid hire." Reported by Courtney Cronin

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A half decade's worth of ridiculously poor playoff production...but it's ok because Lamar Jackson's teammates like him.

-Justin Fields' Fan Club President

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some key timelines coming down the pike:

Maybe the most important timelines are when the franchise tag dates begin (Feb 20th) and end Mar 5th). Not just for our only possible tag of Jaylon Johnson, but for other teams' free agents who might be potential Bears signings and will also be tag candidates.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to discuss our offseason in a nutshell? These two articles cover the 99.9% of what virtually all Bears fans have been discussing:

There it is, our offseason neatly packaged in two articles.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....I was happy with the hiring of Telesco as the GM and Pierce as the HC of the Raiders...

Then we hire Luke Getsy as the OC.

#FUCKKLIFFKINGSBURY

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to discuss our offseason in a nutshell? These two articles cover the 99.9% of what virtually all Bears fans have been discussing:

There it is, our offseason neatly packaged in two articles.

Glad teams are doing their due diligence,its gonna make for an interesting offseason after the SB.......( not that it already isn't)

Sounds to be we could be getting major play for the no.1......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad teams are doing their due diligence,its gonna make for an interesting offseason after the SB.......( not that it already isn't)

Sounds to be we could be getting major play for the no.1......
At this point in time there are only two certainties.
1. The sun will rise in the east.
2. The Bears will be the post-SB dominant subject of NFL conversations.
That is, at least until Poles makes a decision on how he handles the 1st pick as well as what happens with Fields.