• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the strength of schedule for the upcoming season:

I generally find SOS about as useful as tits on a bull, being there are so many changes for just about all teams from year to year. But what the heck, it gives us something to ponder. Interesting that we're tied for 29th with the Panthers, who we should once more offer our sincere thanks for giving us the 1st pick in the draft.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Bears I'd worry less about about a hero QB and look for a guy with toughness and leadership who will take care of the ball and run an effective offense. I'd try to trade down with Washington or NE, snipe Marvin Harrison, trade Fields, hope for Penix at nine, and use the fruits of the trades to beef up the o-line and D.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in time there are only two certainties.
1. The sun will rise in the east.
2. The Bears will be the post-SB dominant subject of NFL conversations.
That is, at least until Poles makes a decision on how he handles the 1st pick as well as what happens with Fields.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the strength of schedule for the upcoming season:

I generally find SOS about as useful as tits on a bull, being there are so many changes for just about all teams from year to year. But what the heck, it gives us something to ponder. Interesting that we're tied for 29th with the Panthers, who we should once more offer our sincere thanks for giving us the 1st pick in the draft.

That sos thing is horsehockey.......

My son asked a week ago about how good this such and such team will be next season,my response was to wait till after freeagency and the draft is over before you can see how teams could fare next year.....A lot can change.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where the Bears stand with respect to the WR group:

After going thru this list, does anyone believe we don't have a problem at this position?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where the Bears stand with respect to the WR group:

After going thru this list, does anyone believe we don't have a problem at this position?

Its been a problem for awhile now........

We have not a very good dup since Alshon and Marshall.

Time to change that.

Hey @BsGenius whaddya think about wanting another wr.....yet again.lol

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Time to change that.

Those were two stud wideouts. I think DJ easily fits in this category, now we need a partner for him - maybe even two.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were two stud wideouts. I think DJ easily fits in this category, now we need a partner for him - maybe even two.

Time to change that.

Lol.....dup was to say duo.....my bad for not proof reading again.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idiots will always be idiots. After next year they'll be screaming for yet another WR. What can i expect from a bunch of clowns who think Mooney is "Tyreek Hill light" (and then a bunch of people agreed with this!), Bears need a pass catching backup TE (wow, that turned out awesome) and Claypool for a 2nd round pick was a great move.

Here's a thought, had we of tanked we could have gotten both C Williams and M Harrison Jr. But we "honorably" didn't tank and we're left with what we have--likely a new QB, the 9th pick, and we're probably losing JJ anyway. Wow, thank goodness we didn't tank! So proud to be a Bears fan! Hey but who cares right? "We're going to mess up these picks anyway" so it's a wash, right?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh btw Cole Kmet finished 9th overall among TEs, 8th in yards, and 4th in TDs. Not bad for an "average" TE (says grey pubes).

Idiots. omg. we have so many on this board.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heeeeees baaaack......

I was worried aboutcha pal.....glad you are doin alright,I thought there was something wrong......well other than your posts.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Bears I'd worry less about about a hero QB and look for a guy with toughness and leadership who will take care of the ball and run an effective offense. I'd try to trade down with Washington or NE, snipe Marvin Harrison, trade Fields, hope for Penix at nine, and use the fruits of the trades to beef up the o-line and D.

Zero chance the Bears wait until the 9 pick to find a QB.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought, had we of tanked we could have gotten both C Williams and M Harrison Jr. But we "honorably" didn't tank and we're left with what we have--likely a new QB, the 9th pick, and we're probably losing JJ anyway. Wow, thank goodness we didn't tank! So proud to be a Bears fan! Hey but who cares right? "We're going to mess up these picks anyway" so it's a wash, right?

Look at the bright side...Even though getting Sweat killed off our "2 picks in the top 5" dream....He is a baller. Needed that pass rush desperately.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero chance the Bears wait until the 9 pick to find a QB.
Then they don't understand themselves. Chicago's a bad city for QBs - Rex Grossman went to DC and had better stats. The Bears traded Kyle Orton to Denver and his stats improved; they received Jay Cutler and his stats got worse. Chris Chandler came from Atlanta and was worse. Jim Harbaugh went to Indy and got better. (Trubisky just sucks.)

And a lot of those QBs had decent W-L records in Chicago. The play of the rest of the team matters more in Chicago than it does in most places, and QB matters less.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they don't understand themselves. Chicago's a bad city for QBs - Rex Grossman went to DC and had better stats. The Bears traded Kyle Orton to Denver and his stats improved; they received Jay Cutler and his stats got worse. Chris Chandler came from Atlanta and was worse. Jim Harbaugh went to Indy and got better. (Trubisky just sucks.)

And a lot of those QBs had decent W-L records in Chicago. The play of the rest of the team matters more in Chicago than it does in most places, and QB matters less.

Is your argument to our new GM and coaching staff that they should accept they are doomed to previous results?

Let's act in reality. No way any GM is gonna say "Oh yeah, we're Chicago so let's just forget about the quarterback position as being a top priority............while we have the number one pick."

If our GM is actually of your opinion, then he's already a sh*tty one and should be fired. Acquiescence is not the backbone of a plan for success.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky left Chicago and got worse!

Uh oh there goes that theory...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, he only started seven games elsewhere. Chicago shouldn't have drafted him.

See how far down this list you have to go to find a Chicago QB:
NFL Passing Yards Single-Season Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com
We are bears fans. We know our QBs always suck. The goal is to figure out why, address it, and bring one in that can succeed. I think it’s been bad for so long because the owners don’t give a shit. We might’ve lucked into a GM that can fix it, although the OC hire doesn’t necessarily feel like a good one.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should just roll with Fields for another season. Trade down a few spots and take Harrison Jr, address the OL and defense in draft and FA.

If they decide to move on, select a QB in the '25 draft.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed real progress in the 2nd half of the season with better play from JF and the defense.