• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @leftypower went and got the other Ram back up RB. THis time he paid a pretty penny. Earlier I was thinking of making a offer for Henerson, but I won't of been willing to give up what Lefty did.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well @leftypower went and got the other Ram back up RB. THis time he paid a pretty penny. Earlier I was thinking of making a offer for Henerson, but I won't of been willing to give up what Lefty did.
meh, just the most overated WR in the league, personally think he made out like a Bandit. No pun intended, haha :) :suds:

But I gotta say, even though I was in in one of the deals, I now have the itch to make more, damnit Lefty

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, just the most overated WR in the league, personally think he made out like a Bandit. No pun intended, haha
Not unless Henderson actual does something. Thus far he's been a fringe player and a third string RB trading Cook and Thompson seems like a stiff over pay. Getting Edelman helps some I guess although I think he's a very short term asset at 33.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless Henderson actual does something. Thus far he's been a fringe player and a third string RB trading Cook and Thompson seems like a stiff over pay. Getting Edelman helps some I guess although I think he's a very short term asset at 33.
never know what they may do next year with those 3, maybe Brown decides hes had enough of carrying Gurleys baggage, or when Gurley has taken his last touch on those knees. Insurance is expensive

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about timing, Henderson was off limits in my earlier trade talks, I think it was a good buy low, but i loved Henderson before his landing spot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about timing, Henderson was off limits in my earlier trade talks, I think it was a good buy low, but i loved Henderson before his landing spot

Well the cost went down since my trade talks. It might well prove to be a good move depending on Henderson role going forward. Given his role thus far it seems stiff, but if Gurley knee flares up and Henderson role gets expanded, then the cost paid would ( or at least could) be a good investment. I might of held off paying that price and tried being patient, but that certainly could back fire big time.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henderson is a hold for the future. Tried getting him earlier as well @HaroldSeattle with absolutely no dice. ... Think giving up Thompson is well worth the shot-in-the-dark potential though.
Short-term Edelman is about the same value as Cooks, though not big play type, he's a bit more consistent. With Kupp healthy and Brown out of the picture, I lose youth for sure but think the numbers will be there this yr anyway. I was surprised he let either of them go honestly based upon those earlier convos.
So, now I'm fully vested in LAR RB's vs KC. .... hopefully it works out. .... @TREFF - join the fun. .... though I, personally, are not looking to do anymore for a while - that flurry of activity has my brain hurting.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - he was in the KOTW mindset after the draft for sure. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit..trades flying everywhere. Apparently Harold doesn't think Cooks is overated...think I'm gonna see what Fuller will sell for

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well shit..trades flying everywhere. Apparently Harold doesn't think Cooks is overated...think I'm gonna see what Fuller will sell for

Confident Cook will put up better numbers then Fuller on a weekly basis, not withstanding occasion breakout from Fuller. Also think it’s more likely he stays healthy. Hated to include Kirk in the deal as I felt he would be valuable in a PPR based on targets, but my starters will now be better IMO and my depth weaker.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade with Fout & Fout

upload_2019-10-10_17-37-47.png

Maybe it was just the desire to get in the action.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confident Cook will put up better numbers then Fuller on a weekly basis, not withstanding occasion breakout from Fuller. Also think it’s more likely he stays healthy. Hated to include Kirk in the deal as I felt he would be valuable in a PPR based on targets, but my starters will now be better IMO and my depth weaker.
cant argue the logic..I just like Fuller better :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humm, wish I had known about the Cooks love. ..... @HaroldSeattle - so you just couldn't resist the fun. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humm, wish I had known about the Cooks love

I don't love him, but he has a good track record and still very young.

upload_2019-10-10_20-6-25.png

These are decent numbers ^^^^ over 1000 yards 4 years running, gets lots of targets. I like him for a WR 2 or 3, but love isn't how I feel about him.

You are correct about not being able to resist the fun. I keep hearing the old saying in my mind "If it's not broke , don't fix it" oh well guess we'll see how it works out.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: to you Harold - - that old adage is mostly true but it doesn't satisfy the 'I think I can do better' attitude of MBBRL'ers. .... good luck w/Cooks - but not too much. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Harold when you get to my age, short-term is next week and long-term becomes next month. .... :D . If he produces like Fitz (who most gave up on several yrs ago), I really don't care.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hell, it's looking like my side deals are going to be the ones that count most this week. ..... oh well, pay your money take your chances. .... still feel better about the situation over where I was, guessing week to week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hell, it's looking like my side deals are going to be the ones that count most this week. ..... oh well, pay your money take your chances. .... still feel better about the situation over where I was, guessing week to week.

Yup those "insurance " moves are already paying off. Be interesting to see if Henderson finally gets some meaningful work or if he becomes this years version of Ronald Jones where a rookie RB that some feel had potential ( they were mistaken ) doesn't get any meaningful work. Last year Jones got 23 carries over 16 games. Henderson has one carry all season.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup those "insurance " moves are already paying off. Be interesting to see if Henderson finally gets some meaningful work or if he becomes this years version of Ronald Jones where a rookie RB that some feel had potential ( they were mistaken ) doesn't get any meaningful work. Last year Jones got 23 carries over 16 games. Henderson has one carry all season.
Yea - he may well be a bust, I guess time will tell. In honesty, I kind of screwed up my cue during the draft - he was actually my next up but Monkey moved up then didn't take him. I was so sure he was, that I moved him out and didn't even check before picking. So, it could be a correction to bad management - or just a bad pick. ... I'd like to see him get a few successful touches - but not enough to devalue Brown (this week anyway).