• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D1 2022 Rookie draft thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43 Harold Seattle pass
44 TKOSpikes Ty Chandler drop Jordan Howard
45 FuzzyPro grabs McKissic, drop Huntley
46. Treff- Julio Jones, drop D. Freeman
47 Ram- pass
48 3T -J. Ford, drop Jimmy G
49 MilkSpiller22 @MilkSpiller22 in limbo
50 Steelers pass
51. Mikeys pass
52 TKO pass
53 trudem pass
54 bandit Matt Coral, drop Dam. Williams
55 fuzzypower Dam. Williams drop Duke Johnson
56 fuzzypower Velus Jones (Mr Irrelavent) drop Marquez Callaway

And with those picks we are done
Velus Jones Jr. was by far THE biggest pain in the ass to find in the fantrax system.

And apparently broke the fantrax system..won't load up anymore

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft has been finalized and completed...please double check your rosters and ensure the results match what is supposed to be there..as you're all well aware, I generally F up at least once every year

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of times individually some will recap there own draft, who they took and why.
I’ll start.

1.10 Jameson Williams WR Detroit

Hadn’t planned on going receiver with my first pick. But was happy to see Williams available once I was OTC. Not concerned with his health long term. But also not buying in to him being ready by the open of camp. Life long Lions fan, so not a tough call to take him. Getting the twelfth pick in the NFL Draft at the tenth spot in a non IDP rookie draft made me happy.

Most likely will treat him like a 4th or 5th receiver and third or fourth option at Flex to start the season.

2.1 Zeus White Raiders RB.

Was a guy I had thought of for 1.10. On account of already rostering Josh Jacobs and Kenyan Drake. Drake being the last running back Id drafted, I think.

See White as having a chance to get on the good side of McHoody. Being a pick of the current regime, cheap and not well traveled.

Most likely will treat him as a second handcuff to Jacobs to start the season. And odds are high that is where he will stay this season unless Jacobs gets traded. Very expensive for a secondary handcuff, but has some longterm potential. More so as a Flex, see a committee member here.

Happy with the added depth. Not seeing many immediate starts, unless something is very wrong.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'll give a recap of my draft.

1.2 Breece Hall RB Jets 5"11 217
Really a no brainer and a bit of luck he was available at the 1.2. Good 3 down back who excels at both running and catching the pass.

1.3 Dameon Pierce RB Texans 5'10 218
Love watching this player work, was a favorite of mine prior to the NFL draft and landed in a good spot. Like Hall a 3 down back who excels at both running and catching the ball. In addition a good blocker. Guy always seem to get more yards on a play inside then you would expect with quick feet,side steps, strength and a whole lot of desire. He likes to bounce it to the outside also and does that well also. Love this guy.

1.9 Drake London WR Falcons 6'4 217

Another no brainer. First WR drafted in the NFL and highest ranked WR on majority of sites. Big WR former basketball player who's a great red zone target who knows how to use his size to box out. Should get a ton of targets since the Falcons have no other worthy WRs on their roster, although they got a fine TE in Pitts.

2.14 Jalen Tolbert WR Cowboys 6"1 194

At this spot I liked his chances to get targets with Cooper traded and Gallup recovering from a injury and Cedrick Wilson gone. Physical and fast think he'll be useful right off the bat for the Cowboys.

3.3 Tyler Badie 5'8 197 Ravens

I second guess this pick and it was a reach but wanted a RB so I took him, the RBs left were not great options. Good pass catcher and if Dobins or Williams aren't ready or get injured he could end up with decent amount of work. In any case should see some targets on passing downs.

3.12 Calvin Austin 5"8 170 Wr 170 Steelers

Small but speedy receiver with a second gear. I think he's had a lot of potential and a threat to take to the house when he touches the ball. Late 3 round pick that I feel good about, drafted in the 4th round by the Steelers.

3.14 Justyn Ross WR Chiefs 6"4 205

UDFA for the Chiefs. As a sophomore lead the Clemson Tigers in yardage despite older more establish WRs like Tee Higgins , Hunter Renfrow and Amari Rogers being on the team. Then came down with a rare disorder effecting his neck and spine in 2020, but he came back to play for the Tigers in 2021 but didn't have good stats as the Tigers offense went south that season. Huge wingspan and I can't wait to see him catching passes from Mahomes. Drafting a UDFA is a risk but if he works out what a steal.

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not?

1.12 - Tyler Allgeier
Figured was the best opportunity met with talent left at RB. I don’t know how accurate that is though.

1.13 - Chris Olave
My choice for best rookie WR. Happy to snag him here. Should get plenty of looks in Nawlins.

3.2 - Davis Mills
Gonna regret this one. A few others I should have taken instead, but the need for a QB2 clouded my vision.

4.2 - Ty Chandler
Not crazy to expect him to challenge Mattison for Cook-cuffing.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft

1.06 Garrett Wilson not the best WR on the board, but top 3 and I can stack him with the Jets QB

2.09 Jelani Woods Needed a back up TE. He was the best n the board and a UVA product.

3.09 Abrah Smith At this point in the draft we are all guessing and I figured someone that will start until Kamara comes back.

I also was offered a trade at this point of CEH and Josh Palmer for Hollywood Brown and Rashod Bateman. CEH gives me a little bit of depth at RB and I was deep enough at WR that I lost my bye week WR at worst.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll bite..

1.1. Kenneth Walker- I don't understand the Breece Hall stuff. If we take away the names, the color of the uniforms, and put film of him and Michael Carter side by side, I challenge anyone to pick Hall as the better back. So him landing in Jersey, made this a no brainer IMHO. Walker was without question the co-most talented RB in this draft. If Breece Hall was supposedly superior in the passing game, Walker was easily superior in the actual run game, which is where he'll be utilized in Seattle. (and apparently, if early reports are to be believed, Walker is just fine catching the ball). Carson is likely forced into retirement, or at best a severely reduced role. And Penny has a 4 game track record of good, and 2 and half seasons of MEH..and he's only under contract for one year. When the equation was talent+immediate opportunity, Walker was easily the top pick in this draft.

4.whatever it was- Julio Jones, scraps from Harold. With one 30 something, unemployed, scrub RB still rostered, I figured I'd rather place a small wager on Julio landing in GB or KC and being mildly useful over a smaller waher on Freeman landing a job anywhere, let alone being mildly productive.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Fuzzypro didn't have any early picks so we were basically picking up scraps. But it went like this:
2.6 - BRIAN ROBINSON JR. - best available RB on the board. Bruiser that could work his way into some significant carries since WAS seems to have little faith that Gibson is 'The guy'.
3.6 - KHALIL SHAKIR - A nice route runner in a high powered offense. After the Bills parted ways with Beasley the path to targets is certainly there.
4.3 - J.D. MCKISSIC - A cast off from Trudem (I believe) so doubled down on WAS. He or Robinson (or both) will have roles.
4.13 - DAMIEN WILLIAMS - A Bandit cast off. Went to a team with crowded depth chart but no set peeking order, perhaps he carves out a role.
4.14 - VELUS JONES JR. - My partner channeled his inner-Foot on this one. Guy can fly and went to a team with a iffy depth chart at WR behind Mooney.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Fuzzypro didn't have any early picks so we were basically picking up scraps. But it went like this:
2.6 - BRIAN ROBINSON JR. - best available RB on the board. Bruiser that could work his way into some significant carries since WAS seems to have little faith that Gibson is 'The guy'.
3.6 - KHALIL SHAKIR - A nice route runner in a high powered offense. After the Bills parted ways with Beasley the path to targets is certainly there.
4.3 - J.D. MCKISSIC - A cast off from Trudem (I believe) so doubled down on WAS. He or Robinson (or both) will have roles.
4.13 - DAMIEN WILLIAMS - A Bandit cast off. Went to a team with crowded depth chart but no set peeking order, perhaps he carves out a role.
4.14 - VELUS JONES JR. - My partner channeled his inner-Foot on this one. Guy can fly and went to a team with a iffy depth chart at WR behind Mooney.
Brian Robinson was my unquestioned RB#3 pre draft. He and Walker were the only guys who's film (film, not highlight reels) popped about much of anything.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Robinson was my unquestioned RB#3 pre draft. He and Walker were the only guys who's film (film, not highlight reels) popped about much of anything.
Alabama guys are always so tough for me to evaluate especially the running backs because they are running behind an NFL offensive line against non-NFL defense.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama guys are always so tough for me to evaluate especially the running backs because they are running behind an NFL offensive line against non-NFL defense.
no doubts. It takes a bunch of film study for sure, and even then, certainly no guarantees.

That's why I love watching the actual game film when those youtubers cut up the games and post every offensive play. Things like; how does that guy react to immediate penetration, what does he do when nothing is there, did he miss obvious running lanes leaving yards on the table, did he string things out to the sidelines and lose yards, or push forward and take the 1-3 yard gain, does he fall forward on those small gains that don't make the highlight reel, does he hold his own/is a willing participant in pass pro?. Everyone looks great on a highlight reel and usually those highlight reels show none of these. This guy shined, in MY eye test at least, when it wasn't an easy play. Much like N Harris and Rhamondre did last year. and Dillon and Taylor the year before, Jacobs and D. Harris the year before that. Its not foolproof by any means, Bryce Love, certainly had all those things, and many much lesser thought of Rb's also did those things, but of the more highly touted guys, those examples stick out in my head.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now that both the D1 and D2 drafts are past this player, I just want to say that the only player that seemed like the hands-down can't miss player to draft was WR Jameson Williams (DET).

From all of the draft reports and prospect editorials that I tried to saturate myself with, Williams seemed to be the consensus number 1 WR. Unfortunately, his ACL injury knocked his draft stock down. ACL injuries heal. And WR last a lot longer in the NFL.

I almost regret trading Harold in D2 for the 5th pick because Williams was my target and he was there at 5.

IMO, Williams is the player who will pay long-term fantasy dividends from this class.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also tend to run them into the ground at times.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also tend to run them into the ground at times.
luckily for Robinson, he was behind Damien Harris, Josh Jacobs and N. Harris for 4 of his 5 years at Bama, so he's only got one season of heavy usage.