• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we are cheating we aren't doing very well, according to our recruiting rankings. :lol:

Same for us. The NCAA should look at our lack of positive results and say, "thats enough, let them go"
:suds:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU's gonna do you. The ACC will be Orange and Blue by December. Everyone will want to get on the jonviwagon now. There's lots of room at the moment. Get your sideline seats while there's some for the getting.

Come November....the jonviwagon will be full and I'll be doing roundrobins to pickup those that didn't see the light. But by the time we get there....only 3rd level seats will remain though. So get on now so you can party firstclass on the jonviwagon.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
SU's gonna do you. The ACC will be Orange and Blue by December. Everyone will want to get on the jonviwagon now. There's lots of room at the moment. Get your sideline seats while there's some for the getting.

Come November....the jonviwagon will be full and I'll be doing roundrobins to pickup those that didn't see the light. But by the time we get there....only 3rd level seats will remain though. So get on now so you can party firstclass on the jonviwagon.

Puff, puff, pass my friend.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puff, puff, pass my friend.

Pumped to see SU and Miami in the same conference again. I've seen some great U athletes in the Dome....Shockey, James, Moss. I can't wait to get all dat back.

And sure....I don't bogart. There's plenty for everyone. :hippie:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pumped to see SU and Miami in the same conference again. I've seen some great U athletes in the Dome....Shockey, James, Moss. I can't wait to get all dat back.

And sure....I don't bogart. There's plenty for everyone. :hippie:

:suds:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't apply a label of it being better or worse, there's no logic to that. You really are a child when it comes to explaining your opinions. I mean, any way you slice it, it's an undeniable fact that the B1G is better than the ACC, but I'm sure you'll say all the facts that support me saying that are just "my opinion", right? :L

I don't see that as 'undeniable' at all. I don't think Indiana, Minn, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, or Northwestern should either.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that as 'undeniable' at all. I don't think Indiana, Minn, Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, or Northwestern should either.

It's absolutely undeniable. In the BCS era, only Indiana (0-5), Minny (0-2), Michigan State (0-1) and Purdue (1-2) have a losing record vs. the ACC. Not sure why you brought up Northwestern, Illinois and Iowa. They are a combined 10-2 vs. the ACC in the BCS era.

The undeniable proof is on the field. We are 6 games over .500 against you in the BCS era (with 1/2 of your wins coming against Indiana, Purdue and Minny, arguably the 3 shittiest teams in our conference). We put more teams in the BCS, we win a hell of a lot more in BCS games, and one thing Geneh seems to refuse to acknowledge is that, on a per school basis, we put more players in the NFL. So, how is the ACC in any way, shape, or form better?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you do NOT put more players in the NFL than the ACC. But I see you said 'per school' so lets see the math you obviously had to do.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^That fact alone needed it's own post.

but for real, :L at 'per school' How many teams does the B1G have? How many (before today) does the ACC have?

NFL talent is clearly in the favor of the ACC

You can go off about the Big10 making more BCS games, but any college football fan knows that the Big10 got teams in solely because they didn't have a conference championship game.

I don't care about the B1G record vs the ACC when are playing the likes of Maryloon and UVA.

And no one outside of the the B1G is scared of Michigan State. The B1G is easily the most overrated conference (save maybe the SEC) for the last 5 years

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's absolutely undeniable. In the BCS era, only Indiana (0-5), Minny (0-2), Michigan State (0-1) and Purdue (1-2) have a losing record vs. the ACC. Not sure why you brought up Northwestern, Illinois and Iowa. They are a combined 10-2 vs. the ACC in the BCS era.

The undeniable proof is on the field. We are 6 games over .500 against you in the BCS era (with 1/2 of your wins coming against Indiana, Purdue and Minny, arguably the 3 shittiest teams in our conference). We put more teams in the BCS, we win a hell of a lot more in BCS games, and one thing Geneh seems to refuse to acknowledge is that, on a per school basis, we put more players in the NFL. So, how is the ACC in any way, shape, or form better?

I'll take your word on the head-to-head stuff. I guess it comes down to how you want to measure it.

I think a good conference is one that is competative within itself. The B1G has OSU and Wisky and maybe Michigan that really have any chance of winning the conference. Where the ACC has Clem, UNC, Miami, VT and you can even throw GT in there. The ACC has much more parity than the B1G.
And no you don't put more players into the NFL. Even with Miami slacking the last few years.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take your word on the head-to-head stuff. I guess it comes down to how you want to measure it.

I think a good conference is one that is competative within itself. The B1G has OSU and Wisky and maybe Michigan that really have any chance of winning the conference. Where the ACC has Clem, UNC, Miami, VT and you can even throw GT in there. The ACC has much more parity than the B1G.
And no you don't put more players into the NFL. Even with Miami slacking the last few years.

Great. I think a good conference is one that is competitive with other schools outside of it's conference as well. Also, in the last decade, we've had OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State all either win or tie for a conference title. So, there's that. I also don't understand how parity means your conference is tougher.

And yes, we do. It was in the link above.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great. I think a good conference is one that is competitive with other schools outside of it's conference as well. Also, in the last decade, we've had OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State all either win or tie for a conference title. So, there's that. I also don't understand how parity means your conference is tougher.

And yes, we do. It was in the link above.

Not total players. 278 to 256 in favor of the ACC. In your own link. Iowa and Penn State were blips. Do you really think they stand a chance this year?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^That fact alone needed it's own post.

but for real, :L at 'per school' How many teams does the B1G have? How many (before today) does the ACC have?

NFL talent is clearly in the favor of the ACC

You can go off about the Big10 making more BCS games, but any college football fan knows that the Big10 got teams in solely because they didn't have a conference championship game.

I don't care about the B1G record vs the ACC when are playing the likes of Maryloon and UVA.

And no one outside of the the B1G is scared of Michigan State. The B1G is easily the most overrated conference (save maybe the SEC) for the last 5 years

Just going by the numbers, man. It matters on a per school basis because we're talking about a stat that is qualitative in nature. I could make a conference of 20 teams that puts more pros in the league than the SEC but it wouldn't mean the conference is tougher, just bigger. That's my point.

As far as the BCS goes, how many ACC teams didn't make a BCS game because they were knocked out of the running by losing in the ACC title game?

2005 - VT - Maybe could've been in the BCS, but losing to a 4-loss FSU team (who lost to Penn State in the BCS, btw) showed they clearly didn't belong.
2006 - GT - Wouldn't have sniffed a BCS game.
2007 - BC - Not ranked high enough
2008 - BC - Not even close
2009 - Clemson - Not even close (GT, the ACC champ, lost to Iowa in the BCS)
2010 - FSU - Not even close
2011 - Both Clemson and VT made BCS games; Clemson was destroyed by WVU and VT lost to Michigan
2012 - GT - LOL

So, there goes that argument.

Not really sure how you can say the head-to-head doesn't matter. You guys also beat our bottom-dwellers. In fact, as I pointed out, half of your wins in the BCS era are against our 3 worst teams.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL All-Pros by conference from 2000-2011

ACC - 121
SEC - 110
B1G - 95
Pac 12 - 83
Big 12 - 73
Big East - 60

Mythbusting the SEC: A Follow-Up - Rock M Nation

As of 2011, number of players in NFL by conference

SEC-308
ACC-278
B1G-256
Big 12-221
Pac12-215
Big East-115

NFL Players? Conference Affiliation « HolyTurf

as of 2012

SEC-343
Pac12-265
ACC-264
B1G-253
Big12-173
Big East-121

NFL College Pipelines

Cool. Still doesn't disprove anything I've said, but alright.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by the numbers, man. It matters on a per school basis because we're talking about a stat that is qualitative in nature. I could make a conference of 20 teams that puts more pros in the league than the SEC but it wouldn't mean the conference is tougher, just bigger. That's my point.

How are 'players in the NFL' or 'Number of All-Pros' qualitative in nature? That is about as quantitative as it gets.

And both leagues have 12 teams.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
Not total players. 278 to 256 in favor of the ACC. In your own link. Iowa and Penn State were blips. Do you really think they stand a chance this year?

As I said, on a per school basis, we have more. Don't forget, we had less schools than you up until 2011.

Do I think Penn State and Iowa stand a chance this year? No, simply because they are far outclassed by Ohio State.

Once again, none of this somehow makes the ACC a tougher conference than the B1G, so what is your end game?