• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot off the presses, the latest ACC new bowl deal news:

"Beginning in 2014, the Pinstripe Bowl will share the ACC's third through sixth selections with the Belk, Sun and Gator/Music City bowls, sources said. The Orange Bowl will get the ACC champion -- or the league's first selection after any ACC teams that have qualified for the College Football Playoff semifinals.

The Russell Athletic Bowl will get the ACC's next selection after the Orange Bowl, sources said. The ACC also will have a deal with the Capital One Bowl that will allow the league to replace the Big Ten in the bowl if the Big Ten sends a team to the Orange, where it would play the ACC, a source said. In the Capital One Bowl, the ACC would play a team from the SEC.

In the ACC's new bowl lineup, the league also is expected to be part of a new Detroit bowl against the Big Ten, ESPN reported in May."

Report: ACC, Pinstripe Bowl Agree To New 6-Year Deal - Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician

So we are looking at, so far:

1. ORANGE BOWL
2. Possibly another major bowl bid
3. Capital One Bowl instead of a Big Ten team IF/WHEN the Big Ten sends a team to the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl is required to invite a Big Ten team 3 out of the next 6 years.
4. Russell Athletic Bowl - opponent TBD. Rumors say that the bowl is talking to the Big 12 about sending their #3 or #4 team in lieu of the Holiday/Cotton Bowls, which the Big 12 lost.
5-7. Sun, Belk and Gator/Music City Bowls. We will either send a team to the Gator or the Music City Bowl.
8. Pinstripe Bowl vs. Big Ten #8.
9. Detroit Bowl vs. Big Ten #9
10. No deal has been hammered out yet but the ACC is of course expected to keep the contract for the Military Bowl.

We probably have Notre Dame to thank for the Gator Bowl bid.
Mr. John Swofford has things shaping up nicely. And he's not done yet.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made one mistake in the bowl lineup. Take the Pinstripe and add it to the tier above it for Bowls 5-8 rotating with the Sun, Belk, Gator/Music City.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opponents for the 5-8 tier:

Belk: SEC
Gator/Music City: SEC
Pinstripe: B1G
Sun: PAC

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, rescued.

This conference is a total joke run by the Tobacco Road cabal. Those bastards Ho felt the need to ADD PUNISHMENT to Clemson when they got in airflow bit of trouble bent over backwards to protect a program that made a mo mockery of student academics. For some reason Weaver decided to turn down in items to two other much better conferences. I will never know why.

The second best bowl is the Russell Arhletic Bowl. Think about that for a second.

+1, if I had a say Clemson would've jumped ship a long, long time ago. When Maryland and Wake Forest are the only two originals with enough testicular fortitude to walk out on the Tobacco Road mafia when they're ADDING punishment to an already stiff penalty, you're in for a rough ride being the bottom bitch.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1, if I had a say Clemson would've jumped ship a long, long time ago. When Maryland and Wake Forest are the only two originals with enough testicular fortitude to walk out on the Tobacco Road mafia when they're ADDING punishment to an already stiff penalty, you're in for a rough ride being the bottom bitch.

So grab Wake and go pitch at the Big 12 if it bothers you so much.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, if I had a say, we'd have been long gone.

Lucky for Clemson boosters, they don't listen to you. They know where their bread is best buttered. The Tigers have it made in the ACC. The school makes big time dough and none of their BOT are unhappy about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, enough of the pity party; if the ACC is ever going to resemble anything approaching a football conference, they need a one or zero loss team year and year out. Then, after a few years of that, those one/zero loss teams need to win some meaningful games. And when I say ACC, I mean Clemson. I'm sure y'all understand ;)

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, enough of the pity party; if the ACC is ever going to resemble anything approaching a football conference, they need a one or zero loss team year and year out. Then, after a few years of that, those one/zero loss teams need to win some meaningful games. And when I say ACC, I mean Clemson. I'm sure y'all understand ;)

AT this point in time, I would be willing to settle for ANY ACC team to go undefeated or lose only one game. UNC preferred, of course I'm sure you understand. :lol:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Where are all of you ACC guys hanging out, anyway?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're here. Just not much to say as of yet. At least I don't have much to say.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you guys are down on the ACC and that bothers me, I have to admit. Everybody wants out.

How about if we make this a better football conference? How about that?

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not really down on it. I want it better, of course. I don't understand how the bigger schools can't do better than they have. IMO, the jury is still out on FSU, Miami is a mess, VT has plateaued and needs a coaching change. I don't understand why UVA, UNC, and NCSU aren't consistent 9 win teams with a stellar year here and there.

I know GTs problems, and considering them, they over achieve every year they break .500

Maybe Louisville, Cuse, and Pitt will bring something to the table that will help improve play.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Swofford to the curb and focus on football instead of Bball and I'd get on board. Otherwise, I'm just ho hum about the ACC. The perception of the ACC isn't far from the truth. It's a weak football conference and it's not because we don't have the teams to make it strong. The powers that be simply cater to the basketball schools. They aren't doing us any favors. You're not going to get a lot of folks outside of the basketball powers that are high on the ACC.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Swofford to the curb and focus on football instead of Bball and I'd get on board. Otherwise, I'm just ho hum about the ACC. The perception of the ACC isn't far from the truth. It's a weak football conference and it's not because we don't have the teams to make it strong. The powers that be simply cater to the basketball schools. They aren't doing us any favors. You're not going to get a lot of folks outside of the basketball powers that are high on the ACC.

I agree with all of this, but how does focusing on FB on a conference level override the effort at the school level? I just don't see how any change at the conference level improves play at FSU. And look what Clemson has done in the Dabo years in spite of the continued focus on BB.

Now everybody grouses about Pitt, Cuse, and Louisville being BB adds, but I can recall each school bringing FB power in the modern era. Pitt was NASTY in the early 80s. Louisville may be the best team we have, and Cuse was not shabby in The mid 90s.

Now don't get me wrong, I DO understand that a recruit can look at us and then look at the SEC and there is no mistaking in which conference the FB and BB power lies. But does it keep 5 star players from going to FSU? No, and in MY mind, it seems like said players would think they might have an easier path to glory or to just stand out in the ACC. It would make ME want to go to the ACC.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Swofford has made us the premier BB conference in the land, there can be no doubt about that.

Landing Notre Dame was a super move, but I understand that some of you are having second thoughts about that.

My point is that now that we have done all we can do BB, how about Swofford concentrating more on football now. After all he has made some really good bowl deals so far. He got us the Capital One and Gator Bowls.

The main thing the new Orange Bowl contract does is lock in a B1G/SEC school or ND and LOCK OUT teams like NIU.

Football is coming along slowly but surely, I think. We just need to give it some time and START WINNING SOME GAMES against the teams in other conferences. If we can do that, we will attract the recruits to go to ACC schools.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah .............. just saying.

Fair enough, I guess. I prefer to retain a positive attitude about the future of ACC football. Last year was an improvement and Clemson played a big part in that.