• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure the first thing you need to do in a draft is figure out the QBs:

Haskins seems like the front-runner. Probably the best arm and I think he is ready to start from day 1. Bad footwork is correctable and his release and consistency need improving. If he goes into a good system with a good oline, he probably will be the best QB in the class but I think if he goes to a team that doesn't protect him then he could be out of the league in 4 years. Probably top 10 but not top 3. I wouldn't trade up for him with Lock and Jones also there.

Lock would be my #2. I'm obviously biased but generally speaking he seems to be impressing people. He has great deep ball accuracy and has good arm strength although he might be maxed out right now. I don't think he is a day 1 starter but also not a huge project, either. Rd1

Daniel Jones is kinda #2a. He has bigger hands and size than Lock. Probably more ready to play. Does a better job of doing 'hoop' throws. His arm talent isn't as consistent, though. I think Jones can pass Lock with the draft process but Lock seems to be nailing everything so far. Rd1

I think Kyler Murray is the clear #4. You're going to have to find the right system for him. If he was 3 inches taller, he'd still be short but you'd be seeing him as the top QB. He could be drafted anywhere but whoever drafts him better be a genius. I could see him falling to the very end of rd1 or going rd2.

Grier looks to be the #5. Badass backup QB. Has everything but the arm strength. Probably makes him a 3rd or 4th rounder unfortunately.

I would try to sign him long term at something a tad less than open market and keep Jones as well...else, let him go...I wouldn't tag him.

I thought extending Berry was a mistake then and it's looking to be true now...I can see one of the DTs/Edge sliding in this draft.
Defensive coordinator will likely dictate what the Chiefs do with Ford. I think if its Rex Ryan then I think you let him go. If its Steve Spagnuolo, I think Ford gets tagged.

Chiefs draft needs depend on some evaluation of their current young talent. S, CB, ILB and DE are all spots they should be looking at. Maybe WR and RB.

Nnadi is the only real asset the Chiefs actually know they have after last year's draft. Dorian O'Daniel might fill a need or maybe he'll just be a backup. No idea. Same with Speaks and Watts. Chiefs are going to have to figure out if they can trust any of those guys before moving forward.

Steven Nelson is probably gone. If thats the case, CB is the top need. Even if he isn't then they still might looking CB first. Chiefs are set at safety if they have Berry. Chiefs are set at LB if they have O'Daniel and he is good. Big 'ifs'.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State WR Terry McLaurin has probably made himself more money than any prospect this week, going from a likely late round selection to possibly 2nd round, according to both Kiper and McShay.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure the first thing you need to do in a draft is figure out the QBs:

Haskins seems like the front-runner. Probably the best arm and I think he is ready to start from day 1. Bad footwork is correctable and his release and consistency need improving. If he goes into a good system with a good oline, he probably will be the best QB in the class but I think if he goes to a team that doesn't protect him then he could be out of the league in 4 years. Probably top 10 but not top 3. I wouldn't trade up for him with Lock and Jones also there.

Lock would be my #2. I'm obviously biased but generally speaking he seems to be impressing people. He has great deep ball accuracy and has good arm strength although he might be maxed out right now. I don't think he is a day 1 starter but also not a huge project, either. Rd1

Daniel Jones is kinda #2a. He has bigger hands and size than Lock. Probably more ready to play. Does a better job of doing 'hoop' throws. His arm talent isn't as consistent, though. I think Jones can pass Lock with the draft process but Lock seems to be nailing everything so far. Rd1

I think Kyler Murray is the clear #4. You're going to have to find the right system for him. If he was 3 inches taller, he'd still be short but you'd be seeing him as the top QB. He could be drafted anywhere but whoever drafts him better be a genius. I could see him falling to the very end of rd1 or going rd2.

Grier looks to be the #5. Badass backup QB. Has everything but the arm strength. Probably makes him a 3rd or 4th rounder unfortunately.

Defensive coordinator will likely dictate what the Chiefs do with Ford. I think if its Rex Ryan then I think you let him go. If its Steve Spagnuolo, I think Ford gets tagged.

Chiefs draft needs depend on some evaluation of their current young talent. S, CB, ILB and DE are all spots they should be looking at. Maybe WR and RB.

Nnadi is the only real asset the Chiefs actually know they have after last year's draft. Dorian O'Daniel might fill a need or maybe he'll just be a backup. No idea. Same with Speaks and Watts. Chiefs are going to have to figure out if they can trust any of those guys before moving forward.

Steven Nelson is probably gone. If thats the case, CB is the top need. Even if he isn't then they still might looking CB first. Chiefs are set at safety if they have Berry. Chiefs are set at LB if they have O'Daniel and he is good. Big 'ifs'.

Noted...@FaCe-LeE-uS turned me onto O'Daniel during the Hoop/Mock...seems like the modern ILB.

Steelers have 2 crying needs, ILB and CB.

This season I think they can/should land the ILB @ 20...2 guys have 1st rd early grades. Of the top 4 CBs...Unless I'm totally missing the boat, I think all will be gone at 20 anyway, but PIT doesn't seem to know how to pick or develop CBs so I would hope if Brown is traded they get a CB in return somehow.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted...@FaCe-LeE-uS turned me onto O'Daniel during the Hoop/Mock...seems like the modern ILB.

Steelers have 2 crying needs, ILB and CB.

This season I think they can/should land the ILB @ 20...2 guys have 1st rd early grades. Of the top 4 CBs...Unless I'm totally missing the boat, I think all will be gone at 20 anyway, but PIT doesn't seem to know how to pick or develop CBs so I would hope if Brown is traded they get a CB in return somehow.
If Mack Brown is sitting there at 20 I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't wind up in Pittsburgh.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mack Brown is sitting there at 20 I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't wind up in Pittsburgh.

The only way that happens...Devin White was still on the board.

As a coverage LB, Devin Bush will get some interest, but imo a tad small...seems more like a sub pkg player, but I could be wrong.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the DCs swapped on my draft thoughts. If Spags is the DC, they let Ford go and maybe sign or tag (yikes) Nelson. If Ryan is the DC then Ford should get tagged and they'll let Nelson go and CB would be top need.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this hasn't been made yet, but we are officially in draft season. What are your team's needs? What sleepers do you have your eye on? How will Gruden fuck up the load of first rounders he got for trading two fantastic players?
wow is this a whole new world. Not sure how to follow a draft without a top 5 pick and in desperate need for a QB.

I love we can go BPA and while we might have areas we need help more than others (maybe LB, CB, DL and WR) we don't have any glaring positions of need.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow is this a whole new world. Not sure how to follow a draft without a top 5 pick and in desperate need for a QB.

I love we can go BPA and while we might have areas we need help more than others (maybe LB, CB, DL and WR) we don't have any glaring positions of need.
Another major positive is that we can actually be players in FA with all the money and with Dorsey, and the fact that players can sign with the idea that they're actually doing it to win games. It's a little tough to adjust to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another major positive is that we can actually be players in FA with all the money and with Dorsey, and the fact that players can sign with the idea that they're actually doing it to win games. It's a little tough to adjust to.
Exactly.....NFL not like the NBA. Players don't really seem to care much about location. They will go where they can win and where the money is.

I do get we have 80 mil+ to spend, but that's only because of carryover from being under the cap during the tear down and a little earlier. We are really only 10 mil or so under the cap. If, say, we spent all 80 mil (which I know wont happen) how long would we be allowed to remain so far over the cap?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.....NFL not like the NBA. Players don't really seem to care much about location. They will go where they can win and where the money is.

I do get we have 80 mil+ to spend, but that's only because of carryover from being under the cap during the tear down and a little earlier. We are really only 10 mil or so under the cap. If, say, we spent all 80 mil (which I know wont happen) how long would we be allowed to remain so far over the cap?
Oh we're not going to spend that all for sure. We also have to ear mark a substantial amount of that for the future for Baker, Garrett, Ward, Bitonio, Njoku, Chubb, Randall, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we're not going to spend that all for sure. We also have to ear mark a substantial amount of that for the future for Baker, Garrett, Ward, Bitonio, Njoku, Chubb, Randall, etc.
I'm aware we wont spend it, just wondered if you know how long we are allowed to go over the cap.

Not sure if you read the "plan" put together in a document type form in the Haslem bashing story. Loved all the ideas, but one stood out. That they would identify guys who were longterm core guys and sign them early rather than wait (this tactic might have kept schwartz and Mack here).

We've seen them do this already with Kirksey and Bitonio (no need to worry about him, as it's done). I suspect they will try and get something done this offseason with Shoebert. Maybe Randall, but not sure how long he's into his rookie deal.

Would think Garrett, Peppers and Njoku will be after next season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware we wont spend it, just wondered if you know how long we are allowed to go over the cap.

Not sure if you read the "plan" put together in a document type form in the Haslem bashing story. Loved all the ideas, but one stood out. That they would identify guys who were longterm core guys and sign them early rather than wait (this tactic might have kept schwartz and Mack here).

We've seen them do this already with Kirksey and Bitonio (no need to worry about him, as it's done). I suspect they will try and get something done this offseason with Shoebert. Maybe Randall, but not sure how long he's into his rookie deal.

Would think Garrett, Peppers and Njoku will be after next season.
Oh yeah, I am sure that's their thought process with the amount of major contributors still on rookie contracts (not sure why I included Bitonio, forgot he's already locked up). I wouldn't be shocked if Garrett and Njoku will be signed next offseason. At least Garrett. I could see them letting Peppers play out onto his option. He still has a ways to go IMO before you can commit to him.

In that vein, I'd hope they already have the parameters drawn up for Baker's long-term deal. That MFer is going to need to get paid handsomely and hopefully they get pen to paper as soon as it's humanly possible.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit skeptical of these mock drafts having the Bengals and Giants picking up QBs when they have garbage defenses. Foles and Tannehill seem like assets that can be had in the market but who has the cash for them?

I think the three teams drafting QBs might be Denver, Miami, and Washington. Jags pick up Foles or Tannehill after freeing up some cash.

Elway has been rumored to be interested in Lock which probably means they really want Haskins. Denver also just had a decent draft so I could see them moving into the top 5 especially if the Giants stay put thinking they have a couple of years left in Eli. Denver probably needs QB now more than anyone except Jacksonville and Washington so I think I'll pencil them in for Haskins unless Arizona drops Rosen.

If I had to guess, Miami seems like the fit for Drew Lock or Kyler Murray. Washington for Daniel Jones or Kyler Murray. Maybe Giants trade up to get the 4th QB whoever that might be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I am sure that's their thought process with the amount of major contributors still on rookie contracts (not sure why I included Bitonio, forgot he's already locked up). I wouldn't be shocked if Garrett and Njoku will be signed next offseason. At least Garrett. I could see them letting Peppers play out onto his option. He still has a ways to go IMO before you can commit to him.

In that vein, I'd hope they already have the parameters drawn up for Baker's long-term deal. That MFer is going to need to get paid handsomely and hopefully they get pen to paper as soon as it's humanly possible.
somewhat agree on Peppers, but I think when played the right way he's a stud. If they think the same, maybe you get him for a lot less sooner rather than after he becomes that stud.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit skeptical of these mock drafts having the Bengals and Giants picking up QBs when they have garbage defenses. Foles and Tannehill seem like assets that can be had in the market but who has the cash for them?

I think the three teams drafting QBs might be Denver, Miami, and Washington. Jags pick up Foles or Tannehill after freeing up some cash.

Elway has been rumored to be interested in Lock which probably means they really want Haskins. Denver also just had a decent draft so I could see them moving into the top 5 especially if the Giants stay put thinking they have a couple of years left in Eli. Denver probably needs QB now more than anyone except Jacksonville so I think I'll pencil them in for Haskins unless Arizona drops Rosen.

If I had to guess, Miami seems like the fit for Drew Lock or Kyler Murray. Washington for Daniel Jones or Kyler Murray. Maybe Giants trade up to get the 4th QB whoever that might be.
I wonder if, despite how good Chubb becomes, Elway ends up regretting passing on Josh Allen. If he's a stud that's a resounding yes.

Have to say other than Manning falling in his lap Elway has been a disaster with the QB position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if, despite how good Chubb becomes, Elway ends up regretting passing on Josh Allen. If he's a stud that's a resounding yes.

Have to say other than Manning falling in his lap Elway has been a disaster with the QB position.
Right, as a Chiefs fan I knew Chubb was a good player but I felt like it was an acceptable loss compared to Denver getting a QB. On the flipside, if Elway can get Haskins or Lock then maybe he wins in the end.

There is almost an over-saturation of QBs in the league right now. The older guys are playing longer and the newer guys are starting sooner. It creates a situation where I think a fringe playoff contender like the Broncos can trade up and maybe get the top QB prospect.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, as a Chiefs fan I knew Chubb was a good player but I felt like it was an acceptable loss compared to Denver getting a QB. On the flipside, if Elway can get Haskins or Lock then maybe he wins in the end.

There is almost an over-saturation of QBs in the league right now. The older guys are playing longer and the newer guys are starting sooner. It creates a situation where I think a fringe playoff contender like the Broncos can trade up and maybe get the top QB prospect.
Those are fare points. In fact, I kind of made the same ones when the Browns were getting ripped for passing on Wentz, as they wound up with Baker. Only difference is Elway didn't get a boatload of extra picks for passing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think LT could be a target. Can't imagine Greg Robinson remaining reliable, although you do have Desmond Harrison behind him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, gotta think long-term and resigning players. Garrett, Baker and Ward at least in the next couple years will get huge contracts. That is $40-50M right there give or take. They might have enough for one big signing or a couple of very good pickups.

Either way it is a great thing to be flexible while also not having to worry about drafting a QB lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elway has been rumored to be interested in Lock which probably means they really want Haskins. Denver also just had a decent draft so I could see them moving into the top 5 especially if the Giants stay put thinking they have a couple of years left in Eli. Denver probably needs QB now more than anyone except Jacksonville and Washington so I think I'll pencil them in for Haskins unless Arizona drops Rosen.

I just don't know how you can't put the Giants in their too, if anything to sit behind Eli. He is fading fast. They could wait till next year but why if you can get Haskins...get him. He might be better than any QB prospect next year as well...to this point.