• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think LT could be a target. Can't imagine Greg Robinson remaining reliable, although you do have Desmond Harrison behind him.

Robinson is still a question mark but we all know he has talent. Lets just see if he can put a full season together, I am hoping it was just all about fit with the other guys on the OL. It would be a huge relief not having to go out and spend on LT when you have a talented guy with a cheap salary for now to fill that position. I'm not counting on it but I was impressed with him in those 8 games or so.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how you can't put the Giants in their too, if anything to sit behind Eli. He is fading fast. They could wait till next year but why if you can get Haskins...get him. He might be better than any QB prospect next year as well...to this point.
Is Eli fading fast? He was good at everything except taking sacks last year. You don't draft Saquon Barkley last year under the idea of a deep rebuild.

Haskins is probably going #4 or #5 if I had to guess. Bosa and Quennon and Allen all look like top 3 locks unless a QB really blows the doors off the process in which case they'll go #1. I think Oakland and TB will both be looking to trade down. Certainly TB. I don't think Oakland when trade with Denver, though, so that might complicate things.

The first dominoes in the draft will be where Foles and Tannehill go. Oakland might have a decision with Carr, too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Eli fading fast? He was good at everything except taking sacks last year. You don't draft Saquon Barkley last year under the idea of a deep rebuild.

Haskins is probably going #4 or #5 if I had to guess. Bosa and Quennon and Allen all look like top 3 locks unless a QB really blows the doors off the process in which case they'll go #1. I think Oakland and TB will both be looking to trade down. Certainly TB. I don't think Oakland when trade with Denver, though, so that might complicate things.

The first dominoes in the draft will be where Foles and Tannehill go. Oakland might have a decision with Carr, too.

He didn't have a terrible year but he will be 38. You need a young guy now.
I wouldn't say you are going into a DEEP rebuild if you draft a guy this year having him sit behind Eli for one more year than start him. See Pat Mahomes. But the Giants have a lot of options just not drafting wise but FA as well. So it isn't a must to draft a QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have a terrible year but he will be 38. You need a young guy now.
I wouldn't say you are going into a DEEP rebuild if you draft a guy this year having him sit behind Eli for one more year than start him. See Pat Mahomes. But the Giants have a lot of options just not drafting wise but FA as well. So it isn't a must to draft a QB.
Right. All of the QBs in this class are going to have to deal with old QBs that can still play and a semi competent FA market.

Giants had the 31st ranked pass rush last year according to Football Outsiders. Maybe they move on from Eli but I figure with that logic they would've done the same last year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is still a question mark but we all know he has talent. Lets just see if he can put a full season together, I am hoping it was just all about fit with the other guys on the OL. It would be a huge relief not having to go out and spend on LT when you have a talented guy with a cheap salary for now to fill that position. I'm not counting on it but I was impressed with him in those 8 games or so.

Personally, I would have more faith in Harrison than Robinson. Harrison likely needs some time to adjust to the huge jump in level of competition, but Robinson was SO unreliable at T or G for the Rams. He was a flag magnet.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-potential-top-10-pick-jeffery-simmons-wont-get-combine-invite-due-to-past-violence-issue/

Looks like the NFL is trying to clean it up a little with college players that have some "red flags"!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rumors jones could go ahead of Haskins

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors jones could go ahead of Haskins
I'm not sure he has earned it but I guess thats more of an indictment on college football than anything else. His skill set and production is more Ryan Tannehill than anybody else so he'll have to beat people with his head.

I think he has a small chance of going in the second round.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he has earned it but I guess thats more of an indictment on college football than anything else. His skill set and production is more Ryan Tannehill than anybody else so he'll have to beat people with his head.

I think he has a small chance of going in the second round.
May be right, but Haskins only one year too

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes , but college systems play a big role.
I agree.

Lock or Jones would be getting #1 pick hype if they were on Alabama or something like that. There are a lot of stats that didn't happen with Jones and to a lesser extent Lock because of the surrounding talent relative to competition. Lock also padded his stats against lesser competition to create an illusion that there is distance between the two.

Daniel Jones stats though....I mean at some point stats do matter. 6.4 career YPA with 6.8 last year. Thats crazy low for college.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yes , but college systems play a big role.

Plus I watched Haskin in the Roes Bowl against my Dawgs, and in that second half they started to get pressure on him and when he gets moved off his mark, his throws get really bad. I wasn't impressed.

I think he's still green at the position and needs that vet in front of him to show him how to make the adjustments and not to push the panic button when flushed out of the pocket...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I watched Haskin in the Roes Bowl against my Dawgs, and in that second half they started to get pressure on him and when he gets moved off his mark, his throws get really bad. I wasn't impressed.

I think he's still green at the position and needs that vet in front of him to show him how to make the adjustments and not to push the panic button when flushed out of the pocket...
Yep, but also ripe with talent

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but also ripe with talent
I think he has Big Ben upside but Big Ben probably had the best supporting transition of NFL talent of any modern NFL QB. I think if Haskins lands on the Jags then maybe you see something similar but its still hard to bank on when you could just pick up Foles.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with all college QB's they need to go to the right scheme. Haskins would function best in a WCO where everything is based off timing and getting the ball out of his hands in a hurry. He is deadly on the short and intermediate throws. Ask him to hold onto the ball or get outside the pocket and the kid is very average.

He also needs to go to a team with an established OL that can protect him as pressure is definitely a concern with him.

Lock is a lot more scheme diverse but he isn't as deadly accurate. He needs to go to a team that will give him some time to work on his footwork and better understand defensive schemes being thrown at him. If he cleans up his feet I think he becomes an accurate enough QB to make something of his career. If he is thrown to the wolves day 1 then I think he struggles to ever develop.

Jones needs to go to a team that can get him on the move and let him use both his feet and arm. I wouldn't trust him with having to throw deep on a regular basis or any system that requires him to throw regularly outside the numbers as his arm just can't handle that. You get him some good weapons over the middle and allow him to move around some and he can make things function.