• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller's list of overrated prospects led with...

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

"He's probably QB1 in this class, but that doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. This is a bad draft for passers, but he's still going top five. It's just how the league works now." — AFC scouting director

"Haskins scares me, but he has the most traits to work with. Still, he's not [Jared] Goff or anything. He would have been QB4 in last year's class." — NFC area scout

To me with the QB's this year if they are to have any success in the NFL it will be huge of where they go in the league. I think Haskins would actually be a good fit with Shurmur of the Giants. I don't think he is a good fit with Marrone and the Jaguars with what they want to do on offense. Murray to me is a much better fit with the run game they have and the need for a QB that can get outside the pocket and make things happen.

This is also why I still think Lock is a great fit with the Broncos. Especially now that they have Flacco in the building. They have similar styles of games and the Broncos can design one offense that both QB's can function well out of.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also why I still think Lock is a great fit with the Broncos. Especially now that they have Flacco in the building. They have similar styles of games and the Broncos can design one offense that both QB's can function well out of.
Yeah, Lock to the Broncos didn't make any sense at all to me until they traded for Flacco. Flacco is a subpar starting level QB but he is still a starter while Keenum is closer to a backup.

I do think whoever takes Haskins is going to eventually air the ball out. Just probably not in year 1. The Shurmur 'Bradford' experiment is the most extreme form of not airing it out but thats more of a product of Bradford than Shurmur.

Bengals strike me as a sneaky player for Lock. They have AJ Green and just hired Brian Callahan. If the Bengals think they need to be rebuilding due to the Browns being a threat then I could see them in play.

Jags drafting Lock screams disaster but that could also happen.

Zoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC North 2019:

Baltimore
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Lock to the Broncos didn't make any sense at all to me until they traded for Flacco. Flacco is a subpar starting level QB but he is still a starter while Keenum is closer to a backup.

I do think whoever takes Haskins is going to eventually air the ball out. Just probably not in year 1. The Shurmur 'Bradford' experiment is the most extreme form of not airing it out but thats more of a product of Bradford than Shurmur.

Bengals strike me as a sneaky player for Lock. They have AJ Green and just hired Brian Callahan. If the Bengals think they need to be rebuilding due to the Browns being a threat then I could see them in play.

Jags drafting Lock screams disaster but that could also happen.

From what I have been told if Tannehil gets released by the Dolphins (most likely going to happen) the Bengals are the team to watch as they think he would be a better fit for the talent. If they can't get him though yeah I could see them going after Lock.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't make sense? They need a QB next year. They had a good draft last year and they have a good defense.

The 'how poorly they've developed rookie QBs' thing is not how anyone should think. You'll get nowhere in life if you worry about independent variables impacting future independent variables.
Haven't read the entire thread but 100% agree with that last comment.

Even after the last few drafts we'll still see the don't take this guy because he played for (pick a school).

I doubt the Browns, Eagles, KC or Texans regret taking their QBs despite the lack of success from the position from guys from Oklahoma, ND State, Texas Tech and Clemson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned every team needing a QB needs to not take chances and get their guy (before pick 17). Especially if he is big with a big arm....those guys never fail.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pre-combine, Pre-Foles top 10 mock:

1. Arizona - Quinnen Williams DL
2. Niners - Nick Bosa Edge
3. Jags* - Dwayne Haskins QB
4. Raiders - Josh Allen Edge
5. Bucs - Cody Ford OL
6. Giants - Drew Lock QB
7. Jets* - Jonah Williams OL
8. Lions - Devin White LB
9. Bills - Ed Oliver DL
10. Broncos - Greedy Williams DB

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Pre-combine, Pre-Foles top 10 mock:

1. Arizona - Quinnen Williams DL
2. Niners - Nick Bosa Edge
3. Jags* - Dwayne Haskins QB
4. Raiders - Josh Allen Edge
5. Bucs - Cody Ford OL
6. Giants - Drew Lock QB
7. Jets* - Jonah Williams OL
8. Lions - Devin White LB
9. Bills - Ed Oliver DL
10. Broncos - Greedy Williams DB

I'm not sure Greedy is a great fit with Fangio. Murphy to me would be a better fit and higher floor.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Greedy is a great fit with Fangio. Murphy to me would be a better fit and higher floor.
I thought about putting Murphy there. Greedy is just the highest on almost every big board I'm seeing. That being said, DBs rise faster than almost any other position especially after the combine.

I stopped at 10 because Miami is stopping me in my tracks with these mocks. I can't tell if they are going to full on tank this year and forget about QB or if they are going to trade up and go all in on a QB. My gut tells me that they are just going to take BPA, cut Tannehill, and totally tank but that runs counter to what 95% of GMs would do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about putting Murphy there. Greedy is just the highest on almost every big board I'm seeing. That being said, DBs rise faster than almost any other position especially after the combine.

I stopped at 10 because Miami is stopping me in my tracks with these mocks. I can't tell if they are going to full on tank this year and forget about QB or if they are going to trade up and go all in on a QB. My gut tells me that they are just going to take BPA, cut Tannehill, and totally tank but that runs counter to what 95% of GMs would do.

I think you are going to see Greedy fall after the Combine. Not so much for bad workouts but because of interviews. I'm hearing he is not a great locker room guy and isn't always the hardest worker. Not exactly the type of player you like to use a top-10 pick on.

Plus like I said fit wise Fangio likes those corners that are a little more multi-dimensional where Greedy is mostly just a press-man CB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are going to see Greedy fall after the Combine. Not so much for bad workouts but because of interviews. I'm hearing he is not a great locker room guy and isn't always the hardest worker. Not exactly the type of player you like to use a top-10 pick on.

Plus like I said fit wise Fangio likes those corners that are a little more multi-dimensional where Greedy is mostly just a press-man CB.
I can definitely see him falling. There are some scenarios where I think the Broncos will trade up or down, too. Elway seems to really prize 'value' with his top picks with either high positional value and/or picking up guys that drop below their expected draft position.

Murphy at 10 would seem unusual for an Elway pick at this juncture but if he is clearly the top CB for them then I could see him making the pick there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see him falling. There are some scenarios where I think the Broncos will trade up or down, too. Elway seems to really prize 'value' with his top picks with either high positional value and/or picking up guys that drop below their expected draft position.

Murphy at 10 would seem unusual for an Elway pick at this juncture but if he is clearly the top CB for them then I could see him making the pick there.

Personally if this is how the mock draft fell I would take Jawaan Taylor of Florida. Fix the RT spot and give Flacco a strong run and pass blocking OL.

Zoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade that Pipsquek Kyle Murray Pick and get A TON!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm understandably skeptical of an anonymous message board poster who says they've "talked to a lot of people around the NFL" as backing for their opinions, but your analysis is dead wrong. He has a fantastic deep ball, and he displayed it quite often this season. Also, I'm not sure what Dwayne Haskins you've watched to make you think he can't fit it into a tight window, because that's another thing he's demonstrated many times.
I read that and didn't reply thinking it had to be nothing more than a troll. No one who understands football and watched OSU this season would have come away with that impression.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you want my credentials to prove my connections then I can definitely provide you with those. I write for 24/7 sports which is owned by CBS. I'm also part of a podcast that has thousands of listeners for every episode getting guests like Benjamin Allbright on our show.

As for the tight window throw that was directly related just to the deep ball. He is very capable of fitting it into a tight window on anything 15 yards and shorter. Like I said if I am running an offense that highlights those kind of throws then Haskins is easily my top QB in this draft. Personally I like an offense that challenges all parts of the field on a little more regular basis leading to him not being my top QB.
If any of that is true, OK, though I still don't see how anyone could have watched OSU's games and come away with that impression. Admittedly I don't watch gamefilm. I do like these breakdowns and while I couldn't watch it all nor hear it, I did find it funny that 30 seconds in Haskins threw a well covered deep ball nearly perfectly placed. doesn't disprove your comments, just found it ironic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that and didn't reply thinking it had to be nothing more than a troll. No one who understands football and watched OSU this season would have come away with that impression.

Seriously there are breakdowns of his game all over the internet agreeing with exactly what I said. If you really need me to post some of them so you can get past your OSU bias to see this kid had some issues with the deep ball then I can do that, but no trolling here. I've watched every game of his this season and every single throw. He is a very good QB prospect but there are certain types of offensive systems that I would trust him to more than others.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Miller's list of overrated prospects led with...

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

"He's probably QB1 in this class, but that doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. This is a bad draft for passers, but he's still going top five. It's just how the league works now." — AFC scouting director

"Haskins scares me, but he has the most traits to work with. Still, he's not [Jared] Goff or anything. He would have been QB4 in last year's class." — NFC area scout
That's fine, but you'd have had a hard time finding any "expert" who had Baker Mayfield as any better than the 4th ranked QB prospect last season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously there are breakdowns of his game all over the internet agreeing with exactly what I said. If you really need me to post some of them so you can get past your OSU bias to see this kid had some issues with the deep ball then I can do that, but no trolling here. I've watched every game of his this season and every single throw. He is a very good QB prospect but there are certain types of offensive systems that I would trust him to more than others.
Nothing to do with OSU bias. Heard many wondering a while back if someone should take Troy smith wih maybe a 2nd or even 3rd rounder and thought I'd be shocked if he was in the league more than a few years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with OSU bias. Heard many wondering a while back if someone should take Troy smith wih maybe a 2nd or even 3rd rounder and thought I'd be shocked if he was in the league more than a few years.

Just so you know I would highly recommend having the volume turned on for the video. He gets after Haskins for 1) not being willing to challenge the deep part of the field and 2) being very inconsistent with his deep ball placement and accuracy. The very things I mentioned.