• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but you'd have had a hard time finding any "expert" who had Baker Mayfield as any better than the 4th ranked QB prospect last season.

There were a lot of people that had Mayfield QB1 last year. I know a lot of people in the scouting community that him as the top guy. Got to see him up close and personal at the Senior Bowl and it was easy to see the kid was born to be a star.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that and didn't reply thinking it had to be nothing more than a troll. No one who understands football and watched OSU this season would have come away with that impression.

Actually I watched him play against my Dawgs in the Rose Bowl and I question his ball when he's flushed outside of the pocket. They pressured him a little more in the second half and some of his balls were in the dirt or airmailed over the receiver. Honestly I've never have and never will be a fan of a QB in the top 10 that doesn't have it already put together. But at the same time their are teams that believe they can make things work for them when they draft a guy and put him in the right situation.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know I would highly recommend having the volume turned on for the video. He gets after Haskins for 1) not being willing to challenge the deep part of the field and 2) being very inconsistent with his deep ball placement and accuracy. The very things I mentioned.
I will listen to it later, but can't now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I watched him play against my Dawgs in the Rose Bowl and I question his ball when he's flushed outside of the pocket. They pressured him a little more in the second half and some of his balls were in the dirt or airmailed over the receiver. Honestly I've never have and never will be a fan of a QB in the top 10 that doesn't have it already put together. But at the same time their are teams that believe they can make things work for them when they draft a guy and put him in the right situation.
A little confused. Are we talking about Haskins? Are the Dawgs Georgia? Not sure what Dawgs Haskins faced in the Rose Bowl.

edit - noticed you were referring to the Huskies as your Dawgs.

I thought he was good in that game. Not great. Also agree I'd like to see more when taking a guy top 10 in general. I especially want my team to avoid the QB where his best attributes are big and big arm. I want accurate and makes quick decisions/intelligent

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of people that had Mayfield QB1 last year. I know a lot of people in the scouting community that him as the top guy. Got to see him up close and personal at the Senior Bowl and it was easy to see the kid was born to be a star.
A writer here listed all the best known insiders/draft gurus and not one had Baker above 4 among the QBs. Miller, who was just used as a source, had him outside his top 25 altogether.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A writer here listed all the best known insiders/draft gurus and not one had Baker above 4 among the QBs. Miller, who was just used as a source, had him outside his top 25 altogether.

I guess for me I talk to people in the draft community outside of the big name guys and they either had Mayfield or Darnold at the top of every board. I know the website I work for we had him at the top of our draft board for QB's. We had him there from January on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me I talk to people in the draft community outside of the big name guys and they either had Mayfield or Darnold at the top of every board. I know the website I work for we had him at the top of our draft board for QB's. We had him there from January on.
Not trying to call you out as I'd just be curious to see your predraft rankings from the site. Do you have a link?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like you nailed 1 and 3. Not sure about biggest gamechanger, but James in the discussion as well.
1, 3 and 4 all look solid. Marcus Davenport could end up being really good, too. Rosen is the only one looking shaky, atm.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to call you out as I'd just be curious to see your predraft rankings from the site. Do you have a link?

Here is a link to show the last couple of years worth of rankings.

Here is the podcast show that I do. The Senior Bowl last year is when I started putting Baker at the top of my QB rankings.

There are about 3 other shows from that time period where I keep saying that same thing.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember Scot McGloughan talking up Mayfield before the draft. Was his top QB from the draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF was also only high on Mayfield but PFF is pretty shaky at the college level

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Scot McGloughan talking up Mayfield before the draft. Was his top QB from the draft.
There were a few of us that had him at the top. He wasn't the majority leader at the top by any means of last year's class but for me personally I thought he had the attitude, work ethic, and leadership combined with decent football skills that would make him into something. Like I said personally watching him at the Senior Bowl practices and being a part of the interviews with him it just made it clear that he was the type of guy everybody gravitated to and would run through a brick wall if asked.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a few of us that had him at the top. He wasn't the majority leader at the top by any means of last year's class but for me personally I thought he had the attitude, work ethic, and leadership combined with decent football skills that would make him into something. Like I said personally watching him at the Senior Bowl practices and being a part of the interviews with him it just made it clear that he was the type of guy everybody gravitated to and would run through a brick wall if asked.

He has "moxie" !

I think I had :

Rosen
Mayfield
Darnold

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has "moxie" !

I think I had :

Rosen
Mayfield
Darnold

I had it Mayfield
Darnold
Rosen

I would have been happy with any of them as they each bring a nice skill set to the table. Darnold for me was ahead of Rosen mostly just because I saw a higher ceiling for Darnold than Rosen but it was close.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had it Mayfield
Darnold
Rosen

I would have been happy with any of them as they each bring a nice skill set to the table. Darnold for me was ahead of Rosen mostly just because I saw a higher ceiling for Darnold than Rosen but it was close.

I was and still am a little nervous with Darnold.
I thought/think he would get a little sloppy with the ball when the pressure was in his face.