• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like this hasn't been made yet, but we are officially in draft season. What are your team's needs? What sleepers do you have your eye on? How will Gruden fuck up the load of first rounders he got for trading two fantastic players?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Browns -

DT is first and foremost, and they're in great shape at 19 to grab a really good quality guy at this position. Dre'Mont Jones, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, and/or Rashaan Gary could all be available, and all would be extremely valuable. I favor Jones because of his pass-rushing ability, but both Wilkins and Lawrence are major mismatches who can stop the run, which Cleveland badly needs.

Other needs are EDGE, WR, and OT.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs need a pretty big overhaul on defense. Some due to financial inevitability (You can't pay, Hill, Houston, Jones, Ford, and Berry all at the same time, longterm).

First, they need to figure out if Hitchens struggles are due to Sutton, or just being overrated. If the latter, draft an ILB. Dorian is nice, but he doesn't have enough junk in the trunk, and you can in fact cover and hit at LB. Secondly, safety needs an enormous overhaul. Between the LB's and safeties, it has tanked the defense into a stars and scrubs unit. A unit with Dee Ford, Chris Jones, Justin Houston, Kendall Fuller, and Nelson should be pretty hard to suck with if you look at their individual performances this year. Yet, here we are.

This may be another all D draft for the Chiefs; the already cheap'd out with extensions to both Reiter at center and Erving at LG. Fisher, Schwartz, and Tardif are all under contract still; so the O is pretty much set unless they get a WR or TE that just drops out of nowhere they can't pass on; the TE class is supposedly good this year so that might be the one position on O I'd really take a peek at.

For defense, they realistically need to look at just about everything. Jones will be kept, but Ford and Houston may not be Chiefs beyond 2019-20, if they get that far. They also need to figure out what they are doing with Nelson and Ford who are FA's this year; my guess is Ford is tagged and Houston is actually kept for one more year. They extend Hill, and set up for a protracted contract negotiation with Jones in 2020-21 and Mahomes, which will both get QB money; with Mahomes probably shattering the AAV% record.

So for me: DL, EDGE, CB, S, LB. Some more than others depending on how they perceive their roster looking as they allocate the cap.

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge rusher, pass rusher, LEO....and edge rusher. Bosa, Bosa, Bosa and uhh Bosa. As I've said on the Niners board: If Bosa is there @ 2, you take him. Bosa gone? You try and wreck some other teams drafts with a massive trade down (and still try to get a Polite/Burns type) If both of those fail to materialize, Q. Williams c'mon down. Him and Bosa are, as of right now, the two guys who have separated themselves defensively from the pack.

SAM, corner, guard...and maybe a big target....just give me Bosa.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trend is changing in drafts.
You will see a lot more non sexy picks in the 1st rounds. Interior lineman, interior D-lineman. Since the Rookie contract rules, it has already started heading that way. Your top 5 to 10 will always be the sexy picks, but rest of the 1st round you will start seeing the meat of the team getting drafted more.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles -

OT- Usually when Peter's slow ass feet get's beat I'm usually bitching they haven't found his replacement yet, then he goes out and makes Mack for the most part disappear during a game, they still need that top rated OT

LB's- Dating back to the Reid/ Jim Johnson era Eagles have swung and missed on the LB position, they need to find that true tackling machine at MLB that can clean up when this front four pushes the backs to the middle of the field.

RB- Ajayi contract ends this year? I don't know if he's the true work load of a back they need, the running game sucked due to injuries and not having Blount resigned this year.

DB- 6 weeks ago I would have had this spot number one on my list, but guys like Douglas, Maddox and Sullivan are growing up very fast on the field, granted they still bite on the pump, but what the hell there young and in experienced,
they get it and maybe just maybe the Eagles can cut Darby once his arse is healthy in the off season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want the baddest Mofo DT in the draft.
Dont know what round that is, but I dont care. Just like Center I will want this position until we finally draft it! Dont care how many years I have to wait. It is my #1 wishlist.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Boobie Williams is the best running back in the draft this year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trend is changing in drafts.
You will see a lot more non sexy picks in the 1st rounds. Interior lineman, interior D-lineman. Since the Rookie contract rules, it has already started heading that way. Your top 5 to 10 will always be the sexy picks, but rest of the 1st round you will start seeing the meat of the team getting drafted more.

Nelson to the Colts last year prime example of that had huge addition to the Colts. Guy was huge reason the Colts succeed this year!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats need to start searching for a QB. Brady and his avocado stuff can only take you so far.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, DT, OL, K, CB, S, and LB ( Depending on KJ).

I want Collin Johnson, WR Texas. Gives us a big Body for Russ to use at the Redzone

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders- edge rusher, DE, S (free / strong safety), RB, MLB / LB, and WR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers, 20

ILB, at the present the best guy on the board is Devin White, LSU...this is a maybe at best at this point.

CB...with such a deep DT/DE draft, it might be possible to land one of the top 4 CBs...imo DeAndre Baker might need to be a move up target...Kris Boyd might be there at 20.

Edge...Steelers are one of the top sack DEFs, but Dupree is basically a scheme sack guy good for 5 or 6 bags a yr...maybe they pull the trigger on another edge and renege on Dupree's 5th yr. Jachai Polite is a name I'm seeing around 2o...need to see more.

Falcons, 14

Edge...Vic Beasley is playing out of position, just too small for a 43 DE.

DT...Senate is a run stopping rotational guy, if there is a solid 3 tech DT that can rush from inside, the Falcons need to be interested,

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE pass rusher,
O-line
CB
WR
Kicker

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a single team that doesn't need an EDGE rusher?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly was 24th in the league in sacks this year. I have no doubt they would love an upgrade.

No they have depth, teams just got smart against them and got rid of the ball in hurry, plus injuries, oh did I mention the injuries? Then there was the injuries

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they have depth, teams just got smart against them and got rid of the ball in hurry, plus injuries, oh did I mention the injuries? Then there was the injuries
Bennett is gonna be 34 this year. He had a good year, but he's not getting younger. I'm sure they'd love to draft a guy in the first to learn from him and be ready to play in a year or two, and there's the depth you need for the injuries.