• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he fails to mention is that Jeffrey Simmons is also a 300 pound pile of human shit.

Yeah he wouldn't be my first option at DT. It would be Oliver. Then one those big boys at Clemson would be a good get, but he is quite an athlete

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he wouldn't be my first option at DT. It would be Oliver. Then one those big boys at Clemson would be a good get, but he is quite an athlete
I'd like Wilkins or Lawrence first, because our run defense is shit and they're both elite run-stoppers. Oliver would be a great fit, as would Dre'Mont. I'll be interested to see what DBs are there, too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliver is scary didn’t dominate like he shoukd

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right thread this time (silly 2018 still being in my skull)

My mega hot take is the Chiefs should try to trade Dee Ford for at least a 1st round pick on the tag.
My guess is that the Chiefs tag him and then let him go. Ford is way too risky to keep long-term.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes him risky?
His first two years, he was considered a bust. Year 3 he had a good season statistically but sucked against the run. Year 4 was injured. Year 5 pro bowler.

If the Chiefs have to break the bank on him or Chris Jones then they have to pick Jones.

Unfortunately for Ford, he is more infamous than famous at this point for that neutral zone infraction. That shouldn't impact anyone signing him because the Patriots were basically timing their passing offense based on how quickly Ford could get to Brady. Ford just got stupid for one play.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first two years, he was considered a bust. Year 3 he had a good season statistically but sucked against the run. Year 4 was injured. Year 5 pro bowler.

If the Chiefs have to break the bank on him or Chris Jones then they have to pick Jones.

Unfortunately for Ford, he is more infamous than famous at this point for that neutral zone infraction. That shouldn't impact anyone signing him because the Patriots were basically timing their passing offense based on how quickly Ford could get to Brady. Ford just got stupid for one play.
Ok that is a very fair point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that is a very fair point.
I do think there is a chance that KC uses the franchise tag on him. My guess is that either Breeland Speaks or Tanoh Kpassagnon will probably replace him either next year or the year after.

There is also a small possibility that a pass rushing prospect makes it down to pick #29 just due to the nature of this draft. I personally don't think that will be the case. CB and S are definitely the two weak spots on the Chiefs roster.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think there is a chance that KC uses the franchise tag on him. My guess is that either Breeland Speaks or Tanoh Kpassagnon will probably replace him either next year or the year after.

There is also a small possibility that a pass rushing prospect makes it down to pick #29 just due to the nature of this draft. I personally don't think that will be the case. CB and S are definitely the two weak spots on the Chiefs roster.
What would you actually pay for Ford? Do you think he's rounding into a good player or is he more of a flash in the pan?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you actually pay for Ford? Do you think he's rounding into a good player or is he more of a flash in the pan?
He has one really great skill but he is a bit too specialized to say that he is rounding into a good player. On a talented defense, he is worth a lot of money. On a weaker defense, you wouldn't even notice him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has one really great skill but he is a bit too specialized to say that he is rounding into a good player. On a talented defense, he is worth a lot of money. On a weaker defense, you wouldn't even notice him.
That sounds about right. He's a demon of a pass rusher, but it does seem like all he does. I feel horrible for him on that stupid offsides though. I mean, a matter of a couple inches cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds about right. He's a demon of a pass rusher, but it does seem like all he does. I feel horrible for him on that stupid offsides though. I mean, a matter of a couple inches cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.
One of the hidden plotlines of the Super Bowl coming up is that the Chiefs almost turned the Pats over 4 or 5 times.

There is a really good chance that the Super Bowl is going to be a blowout. I'm just not sure which way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting he's not jumping on the Greedy Williams bandwagon like everyone else.

The Duke QB can be the serious wild card in this QB class
From his write-ups and watching him play a little, it seems like his ceiling would be a Chad Pennington type of player. He's not a gamebreaker but he's smart enough to run an offense that is maybe more run-first with an elite RB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I don't even know it's possible, but if you can get a biter in those top 12 picks and try to get your hands on a Josh Allen, I think it's a major win considering you free up cap space for this year while keeping the EDGE cupboard full. Don't know if it can be done, but I think you have to try if he is not in the plans longterm.

Allen is top 5 in this draft...Dee Ford is a very solid edge FA...coming off strong production he will generate some interest and he should as a FA, but this is a strong edge draft...could hurt his market in a trade. But I agree...trying won't hurt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the Chiefs tag him and then let him go. Ford is way too risky to keep long-term.

I would try to sign him long term at something a tad less than open market and keep Jones as well...else, let him go...I wouldn't tag him.

I thought extending Berry was a mistake then and it's looking to be true now...I can see one of the DTs/Edge sliding in this draft.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From his write-ups and watching him play a little, it seems like his ceiling would be a Chad Pennington type of player. He's not a gamebreaker but he's smart enough to run an offense that is maybe more run-first with an elite RB.

Yeah, I would say his arm is a little stronger then Penningtons.
I didn't watch practice round up for the Senior Bowl last night, I guess he struggled a little on Tuesday, but most of the QB's struggle on the first day there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would say his arm is a little stronger then Penningtons.
I didn't watch practice round up for the Senior Bowl last night, I guess he struggled a little on Tuesday, but most of the QB's struggle on the first day there.
If it is, it's not by much. It's definitely the biggest knock on him. He's also not as accurate as Pennington was. I moreso meant he will be that type of QB.