• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle:

DT/DE - so desperately needed. Reed turned out to be a pass rush stud, but Seattle was T-3rd for the most yards per carry rushing. Our rush defense was ATROCIOUS and a key reason why we lost against Dallas. This draft class is also HEAVILY (no pun intended) littered with defensive line. To me there's ZERO excuse for Seattle to not walk away with solid D-Line help. I have to imagine this is where Carroll and crew are going because they lost McDowell (ATV accident) and Richardson (FA after surrendering a 2nd round pick) in the last year.

WR - Feel I'm the minority in this department, but there was WAY too many coverage sacks against Seattle this year. I have to attribute that to our receivers not getting open. Granted Baldwin was playing injured but who knows how long he'll even play/let alone be a Seahawk. And David Moore flat out disappeared after week 12-13. Not sure wtf happened there.

CB - Just.. add more I guess. I was REALLY excited about Flowers/Griffin but as the season went on their stock plummeted. Losing Thomas hurt but McDougald/Thompson were performing at a high level early on...

What I'll say 'ignore on' and I'm a MAJOR Seahawks fan outlier on this...

IGNORE OFFENSIVE LINE. Fluker did great, Seattle had one of the best run games in the NFL, and Fant/Pocic/Britt were all playing injured and not 100%. I LOVE what Seattle did with the OLINE over the offseason. We could always use help there, but I'm all for focusing on other needs, and a solid WR (whether through FA or the draft) would help our line a lot if someone can get the F open.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle:

DT/DE - so desperately needed. Reed turned out to be a pass rush stud, but Seattle was T-3rd for the most yards per carry rushing. Our rush defense was ATROCIOUS and a key reason why we lost against Dallas. This draft class is also HEAVILY (no pun intended) littered with defensive line. To me there's ZERO excuse for Seattle to not walk away with solid D-Line help. I have to imagine this is where Carroll and crew are going because they lost McDowell (ATV accident) and Richardson (FA after surrendering a 2nd round pick) in the last year.
I'd imagine I'll be mocking them a DT of some sort when I start looking at the draft. Its a strength of the draft, weakness of the team, and helps them try and beat the Rams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock to the Patriots.
While this is a good fit for Lock, I'm not sure this is going to be where he ends up.

+ Arm Talent
+ Accuracy
- Progressions
- Consistency

Doesn't sound like a Patriots guy to me.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw shit man, I talked about those two but the Eagles still have Barnett and Graham, granted Graham is a FA but he already came out and said he would give a hometown discount just cause he knows the window is still open for the Eagles.
Barnett is young and a up and coming, great first step and burst, and has learned a lot from the vets. If anything the eagles will go young on the D tackle position, Timmy and Naga are always hurt and slow. I mean their primary job is to plug the gaps and let the stars get the tackles, but those two time to move on.

Brandon Graham:

“I love Philly but I owe it to myself and my family to explore free agency,” Graham told PFT by phone on Tuesday morning. “I’m in the business of doing what’s best for my family. I need to explore the market.”

I dunno...I think he'd look good opposite side to Bosa for SF....don't you?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Graham:

“I love Philly but I owe it to myself and my family to explore free agency,” Graham told PFT by phone on Tuesday morning. “I’m in the business of doing what’s best for my family. I need to explore the market.”

I dunno...I think he'd look good opposite side to Bosa for SF....don't you?

That sum bitch! " Home town discount my ass!"

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is a good fit for Lock, I'm not sure this is going to be where he ends up.

+ Arm Talent
+ Accuracy
- Progressions
- Consistency

Doesn't sound like a Patriots guy to me.
He sounds like a guy that McDaniels will like. He sits for a year or two behind Brady and then takes over the starting role when Josh becomes head coach after Brady and Belichick hang it up.

But honestly I think he probably ends up with the Giants, Jaguars or Broncos.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sum bitch! " Home town discount my ass!"

I think he's just maximizing his opportunities. I DO think he'd be a great fit for SF....especially with either Bosa or Williams in the draft....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly I think he probably ends up with the Giants, Jaguars or Broncos.
I think my first guess would be the Bengals, actually, but there are a bunch of teams in play for a QB in the top 32 picks like the Dolphins.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right thread this time (silly 2018 still being in my skull)

My mega hot take is the Chiefs should try to trade Dee Ford for at least a 1st round pick on the tag.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right thread this time (silly 2018 still being in my skull)

My mega hot take is the Chiefs should try to trade Dee Ford for at least a 1st round pick on the tag.
That'd be interesting. Who would the trade partner be of your choice, realistically thinking?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be interesting. Who would the trade partner be of your choice, realistically thinking?
Realistically I don't even know it's possible, but if you can get a biter in those top 12 picks and try to get your hands on a Josh Allen, I think it's a major win considering you free up cap space for this year while keeping the EDGE cupboard full. Don't know if it can be done, but I think you have to try if he is not in the plans longterm.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly might be in big trouble on the OLine. Peters is 114 years old and expensive. We need a LG. Our RG tore his Achilles and might not be back in time and he’s All Pro. Our All Pro Center might retire. It might go from a strength to a severe weakness.

The Corners are just abysmal all year long. Felt like if a team had a 3rd and 15 they had a 90 percent chance of converting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I don't even know it's possible, but if you can get a biter in those top 12 picks and try to get your hands on a Josh Allen, I think it's a major win considering you free up cap space for this year while keeping the EDGE cupboard full. Don't know if it can be done, but I think you have to try if he is not in the plans longterm.
That would be tough. You'd be getting an already not so great team to trade what a potential star at EDGE on the beginning of a rookie deal for a pretty good one that's soon to be a free agent.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

17. Cleveland Browns

Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

The surging Browns hit on their 2018 draft class, led by Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb. Can general manager John Dorsey do it again? My comp for Simmons is emerging Chiefs star Chris Jones, whom Dorsey picked in Round 2 when he was in Kansas City. Simmons is supremely athletic and already advanced in his technique as a pass-rusher. However, he will have to answer to NFL teams about his 2016 arrest during the pre-draft process.

I love Simmons, watched almost every Mississippi St game the last couple years and Simmons is a stud. He can do everything. Stuff the run and is a great athlete at 300 pounds and outstanding pass-rusher.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

17. Cleveland Browns

Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

The surging Browns hit on their 2018 draft class, led by Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb. Can general manager John Dorsey do it again? My comp for Simmons is emerging Chiefs star Chris Jones, whom Dorsey picked in Round 2 when he was in Kansas City. Simmons is supremely athletic and already advanced in his technique as a pass-rusher. However, he will have to answer to NFL teams about his 2016 arrest during the pre-draft process.

I love Simmons, watched almost every Mississippi St game the last couple years and Simmons is a stud. He can do everything. Stuff the run and is a great athlete at 300 pounds and outstanding pass-rusher.
What he fails to mention is that Jeffrey Simmons is also a 300 pound pile of human shit.