• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs need a pretty big overhaul on defense. Some due to financial inevitability (You can't pay, Hill, Houston, Jones, Ford, and Berry all at the same time, longterm).

First, they need to figure out if Hitchens struggles are due to Sutton, or just being overrated. If the latter, draft an ILB. Dorian is nice, but he doesn't have enough junk in the trunk, and you can in fact cover and hit at LB. Secondly, safety needs an enormous overhaul. Between the LB's and safeties, it has tanked the defense into a stars and scrubs unit. A unit with Dee Ford, Chris Jones, Justin Houston, Kendall Fuller, and Nelson should be pretty hard to suck with if you look at their individual performances this year. Yet, here we are.

This may be another all D draft for the Chiefs; the already cheap'd out with extensions to both Reiter at center and Erving at LG. Fisher, Schwartz, and Tardif are all under contract still; so the O is pretty much set unless they get a WR or TE that just drops out of nowhere they can't pass on; the TE class is supposedly good this year so that might be the one position on O I'd really take a peek at.

For defense, they realistically need to look at just about everything. Jones will be kept, but Ford and Houston may not be Chiefs beyond 2019-20, if they get that far. They also need to figure out what they are doing with Nelson and Ford who are FA's this year; my guess is Ford is tagged and Houston is actually kept for one more year. They extend Hill, and set up for a protracted contract negotiation with Jones in 2020-21 and Mahomes, which will both get QB money; with Mahomes probably shattering the AAV% record.

So for me: DL, EDGE, CB, S, LB. Some more than others depending on how they perceive their roster looking as they allocate the cap.
Not sure they'll be looking at DL and Edge. They've gone edge back to back with Kpass and Speaks and to a certain degree both were developmental picks. The Chiefs also traded up and reached for Speaks.

I think there is a really good chance that the Chiefs will trade up in this draft because Veach has been dumpster diving so much that the Chiefs have a good amount of depth pretty much everywhere. Veach also seems jumpy in the draft.

My guess is that the Chiefs are probably targeting someone like Mack Wilson LB Alabama or Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB Florida.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they took a TE, WR or RB in rd2 if the value is there.

I know...RBs don't have value....but RB is going to be on every Chiefs mock draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles -

OT- Usually when Peter's slow ass feet get's beat I'm usually bitching they haven't found his replacement yet, then he goes out and makes Mack for the most part disappear during a game, they still need that top rated OT

LB's- Dating back to the Reid/ Jim Johnson era Eagles have swung and missed on the LB position, they need to find that true tackling machine at MLB that can clean up when this front four pushes the backs to the middle of the field.

RB- Ajayi contract ends this year? I don't know if he's the true work load of a back they need, the running game sucked due to injuries and not having Blount resigned this year.

DB- 6 weeks ago I would have had this spot number one on my list, but guys like Douglas, Maddox and Sullivan are growing up very fast on the field, granted they still bite on the pump, but what the hell there young and in experienced,
they get it and maybe just maybe the Eagles can cut Darby once his arse is healthy in the off season.

Isn't Darby a free agent?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is gonna be 34 this year. He had a good year, but he's not getting younger. I'm sure they'd love to draft a guy in the first to learn from him and be ready to play in a year or two, and there's the depth you need for the injuries.

They have one pick in the 1st and two picks in the 2nd rounds.

Need wise DE is at the bottom in my eyes, they need a RB, LB, and OT in those first two rounds, these are positions they haven't addressed in a long time, and OT is a must.

As for Bennett, I honestly can say his motor didn't decrease at all this year, ( and I've seen him in Seattle days living up here and being forced to watch their damn games)

Long could be gone, but they could bring him back and Bennett on one side has proven to be a great attack for thee Eagles

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have one pick in the 1st and two picks in the 2nd rounds.

Need wise DE is at the bottom in my eyes, they need a RB, LB, and OT in those first two rounds, these are positions they haven't addressed in a long time, and OT is a must.

As for Bennett, I honestly can say his motor didn't decrease at all this year, ( and I've seen him in Seattle days living up here and being forced to watch their damn games)

Long could be gone, but they could bring him back and Bennett on one side has proven to be a great attack for thee Eagles
We've seen RBs succeed that aren't picked in the first two rounds though. However, if you look at the top 10 sack producers in the league, only one of them wasn't drafted in the first two rounds, and I think only 3 overall weren't first round picks. This draft has some amazing EDGE players available in the first, but I'm not sure RB or OT will be the right move in the first given the talent at the top of both positions.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen RBs succeed that aren't picked in the first two rounds though. However, if you look at the top 10 sack producers in the league, only one of them wasn't drafted in the first two rounds, and I think only 3 overall weren't first round picks. This draft has some amazing EDGE players available in the first, but I'm not sure RB or OT will be the right move in the first given the talent at the top of both positions.

RB's- I don't want a RB in the first, I mean there is no Zek or Barkley in this draft, but there are good backs coming in this year, 2nd and 3rd rounds should be target areas. Eagles have plucked two guys the last two years as undrafted, Clement out of Whisky and Adams out of Notre Dame, Adams is not going to make it as a serious back. He runs to to tall and he is hurt all the damn time. Clement blew out his knee, timeline will be long. They need that durable back that can pound the rock and rotate in with one of the smaller backs, it paid off huge for the Eagles last year, and helps the offense drain the clock as well.

DE's- this draft is deep in the Dline. There are so many younger guys coming out this year. I think you can find a pro bowl DE in the 3rd and 4th rounds this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB's- I don't want a RB in the first, I mean there is no Zek or Barkley in this draft, but there are good backs coming in this year, 2nd and 3rd rounds should be target areas. Eagles have plucked two guys the last two years as undrafted, Clement out of Whisky and Adams out of Notre Dame, Adams is not going to make it as a serious back. He runs to to tall and he is hurt all the damn time. Clement blew out his knee, timeline will be long. They need that durable back that can pound the rock and rotate in with one of the smaller backs, it paid off huge for the Eagles last year, and helps the offense drain the clock as well.

DE's- this draft is deep in the Dline. There are so many younger guys coming out this year. I think you can find a pro bowl DE in the 3rd and 4th rounds this year.
There's a good chance at least 7-8 EDGE guys go in the first round. After that group, though, there's definitely a dropoff. Of course there's a chance of a guy that late becoming a beast, I think it's foolish to have two 30+ year old EDGE rushers and not take advantage of the elite prospects available. I agree on not taking a RB in the first, no RBs in this draft merit that level. I also don't think there will be an OT there at Philly's pick worthy of a first round pick.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a good chance at least 7-8 EDGE guys go in the first round. After that group, though, there's definitely a dropoff. Of course there's a chance of a guy that late becoming a beast, I think it's foolish to have two 30+ year old EDGE rushers and not take advantage of the elite prospects available. I agree on not taking a RB in the first, no RBs in this draft merit that level. I also don't think there will be an OT there at Philly's pick worthy of a first round pick.

Aw shit man, I talked about those two but the Eagles still have Barnett and Graham, granted Graham is a FA but he already came out and said he would give a hometown discount just cause he knows the window is still open for the Eagles.
Barnett is young and a up and coming, great first step and burst, and has learned a lot from the vets. If anything the eagles will go young on the D tackle position, Timmy and Naga are always hurt and slow. I mean their primary job is to plug the gaps and let the stars get the tackles, but those two time to move on.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Schwartz does a very good job of rotation of his line, these guys are fresh come the 4th quarter, ( if he has everyone to use of course)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw shit man, I talked about those two but the Eagles still have Barnett and Graham, granted Graham is a FA but he already came out and said he would give a hometown discount just cause he knows the window is still open for the Eagles.
Barnett is young and a up and coming, great first step and burst, and has learned a lot from the vets. If anything the eagles will go young on the D tackle position, Timmy and Naga are always hurt and slow. I mean their primary job is to plug the gaps and let the stars get the tackles, but those two time to move on.
So who do you take in the mid-20s? I doubt you're looking WR, and RB isn't happening. Maybe reach a bit for a 2nd round OT, I suppose. However, if I've got Montez Sweat or Jachai Polite available, I'm grabbing them. Imagine how different that Saints game is if the Eagles are able to get even 1 sack, rather than the 0 they got.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you take in the mid-20s? I doubt you're looking WR, and RB isn't happening. Maybe reach a bit for a 2nd round OT, I suppose. However, if I've got Montez Sweat or Jachai Polite available, I'm grabbing them. Imagine how different that Saints game is if the Eagles are able to get even 1 sack, rather than the 0 they got.

I like Sweat's motor. If he's there or one of the OT's fall ( Little or Williams) I'm staying put and taken on of the three.
But if there not, ( as of today) I would move out of the first round. Still need a 3rd round pick this year, ( gave it up for Tate) looking to build that draft stock pile back up. Sooner or later Wentz is gonna get his contract, need a plan in place to go young when that happens.

Like I said that is "today" I want to sit down and look at the LB's in the combines, and the DB's. I think the Eagles did find some answer as to the younger corners that played late this season, they took there hits, and got burned, but I think there is a starter in one of them, possibly two of them, at Nickel at least. Safety's need upgraded, I love Jenkins on the back end, but Graham ( Cory) is and has been a train wreck back there. Like to see them go young with his spot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sweat's motor. If he's there or one of the OT's fall ( Little or Williams) I'm staying put and taken on of the three.
But if there not, ( as of today) I would move out of the first round. Still need a 3rd round pick this year, ( gave it up for Tate) looking to build that draft stock pile back up. Sooner or later Wentz is gonna get his contract, need a plan in place to go young when that happens.

Like I said that is "today" I want to sit down and look at the LB's in the combines, and the DB's. I think the Eagles did find some answer as to the younger corners that played late this season, they took there hits, and got burned, but I think there is a starter in one of them, possibly two of them, at Nickel at least. Safety's need upgraded, I love Jenkins on the back end, but Graham ( Cory) is and has been a train wreck back there. Like to see them go young with his spot.
I doubt Williams and Little are there, but Cajuste might be, and I'd take him in a heartbeat if I need an OT. Otherwise, give me one of these EDGE demons and address the others later. Quality OTs come from the mid to late rounds pretty consistently.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Williams and Little are there, but Cajuste might be, and I'd take him in a heartbeat if I need an OT. Otherwise, give me one of these EDGE demons and address the others later. Quality OTs come from the mid to late rounds pretty consistently.

Alright damn it you picked my brain on my Birds tell what your Brownies need?

Whats Uncle Freddy looking for?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns need OT, DT, WR

not sure who I like yet maybe Jonah Williams or Metcalf

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they'll be looking at DL and Edge. They've gone edge back to back with Kpass and Speaks and to a certain degree both were developmental picks. The Chiefs also traded up and reached for Speaks.

I think there is a really good chance that the Chiefs will trade up in this draft because Veach has been dumpster diving so much that the Chiefs have a good amount of depth pretty much everywhere. Veach also seems jumpy in the draft.

My guess is that the Chiefs are probably targeting someone like Mack Wilson LB Alabama or Chauncey Gardner-Johnson DB Florida.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they took a TE, WR or RB in rd2 if the value is there.

I know...RBs don't have value....but RB is going to be on every Chiefs mock draft.

I'm curious to see how Wilson fares at the combine...he was the best coverage LB at Bama and did a decent job. Right now I have him as the 2nd LB off the board. If Devin White goes off the board before 20, and it's not to PIT, they may shirt to CB, or take a shot at Wilson.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright damn it you picked my brain on my Birds tell what your Brownies need?

Whats Uncle Freddy looking for?
I'm going DT for sure at 17. Dre'Mont Jones would be awesome, but I'd also be plenty happy with Christian Wilkins or Jerry Tillery.

2nd round, I'm looking at CB. I love Trayvon Mullen from Clemson, and the Oruwariye kid from PSU has great size and would be nice as a 2nd corner opposite Ward. Otherwise, I'd go with BPA.

Got 3 picks in the third, and I'd be happy with WR/EDGE/S if we have 3 guys that would fit there. I also wouldn't be upset if they used 1-2 of those third rounders to move up in the 2nd if we can.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going DT for sure at 17. Dre'Mont Jones would be awesome, but I'd also be plenty happy with Christian Wilkins or Jerry Tillery.

2nd round, I'm looking at CB. I love Trayvon Mullen from Clemson, and the Oruwariye kid from PSU has great size and would be nice as a 2nd corner opposite Ward. Otherwise, I'd go with BPA.

Got 3 picks in the third, and I'd be happy with WR/EDGE/S if we have 3 guys that would fit there. I also wouldn't be upset if they used 1-2 of those third rounders to move up in the 2nd if we can.

Yeah I think a speed wide out for Baker is needed, I like what Calloway is doing so far, his ceiling is still not tapped yet.
But a another vertical threat opposite Calloway and drop Jarvis into the slot, crap that is a serious wide receiver group.
Higgie and Perriman get the drops sometimes and that can be an issue with a young QB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think a speed wide out for Baker is needed, I like what Calloway is doing so far, his ceiling is still not tapped yet.
But a another vertical threat opposite Calloway and drop Jarvis into the slot, crap that is a serious wide receiver group.
Higgie and Perriman get the drops sometimes and that can be an issue with a young QB.
Been hearing some talk that with Monken at OC now, he may look into bringing Adam Humphries to Cleveland, which would be an awesome slot weapon for Baker. I'd love them to bring Perriman back too. I read that he had the highest yards per route run over the final 5 weeks of the season, so it looks like he and Baker have a rapport. He's also a burner for sure. He ran two sub-4.3 40s at the combine, so a full offseason with Baker and Freddie could get him to where he needs to be.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how Wilson fares at the combine...he was the best coverage LB at Bama and did a decent job. Right now I have him as the 2nd LB off the board. If Devin White goes off the board before 20, and it's not to PIT, they may shirt to CB, or take a shot at Wilson.
It really difficult to predict this draft without knowing the combine because there are so many 1st round defensive products. 2011 is an all time great defensive draft but before the combine it was Robert Quinn leading the pack. Then the combine happened and Von Miller, JJ Watt and Aldon Smith passed him up.

I do think an Alabama coverage LB like Wilson will probably go top 20 if his combine checks out. Everyone needs a coverage LB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers @ 20

ILB, CB, Edge, OL, DL & (possibly) WR

ILB... They need to upgrade this position badly. The loss of Shazier was monumental.

CB... Same old shtick.

Edge... Depth needs upgrading, and they will be overpaying Dupree.

OL... Foster & Gilbert are at the end of their time here. They have pieces in place that can step in today, but they will need to rebuild depth.

DL... Depth. Not sure how long Alualu has left & Walton's contract is up.

WR... Following the AB situation. If he gets dealt, then this position rockets up the draft board.