• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas stops skid against Toronto - I hope

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start clearing out the bullpen. Cut your losses with Ross. There are a few in the pen that simply can't get guys out at this level. There's no way that Banister can trust any of them right now.

I don't like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Rosales just got promoted to the pen

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis needs to go. He and Ian's double play tandem used to be the best in baseball IMO. Now it seems like he doesn't give a fuck. Dude needs his cage rattled a bit. He's too comfortable out there. Mistakes don't seem to bother him because he knows nothing will change.

Yes really wasting talented arm and good range. He has been nurtured and with moving Sardinas and Profar so iffy, it outs is in a tough position. He sure does not look hungry to improve out in the field and very confused at the plate. Why would he bunt on strike 2 and broadcasters approve? We have to get more out of that contract. Otherwise tough to move it anyways IMO Hard to carry dead weight. Oh well the skid continues

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could just be a coincidence or it could be only a partial excuse, but it seems our starting pitching hasn't been the same since we had a 6 man rotation one time through the rotation. Chi Chi and Wandy are the only ones to go 7 days between starts and they were both really roughed up on those days. Wandy has been a bad pitcher throughout his career on that many days rest or more. The veteran Lewis seemed to have handled it the best.

Gallardo has been better this year and last year on the regular 4 days rest, but over the course of his career it hasn't seemed to matter to much if he had 4 or 5 days of rest. Of course, he has been a different type of pitcher the last couple of years than he was in the past so that might be the reason for the discrepancy between the last couple of years and his career overall. Last time out he had 5 days rest and tomorrow he will be pitching on 5 days rest again. He didn't give up any runs last time, but he had to throw so many pitches that he was taken out after only 5 innings.

Like I said though, it could all just be a coincidence.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could just be a coincidence or it could be only a partial excuse, but it seems our starting pitching hasn't been the same since we had a 6 man rotation one time through the rotation. Chi Chi and Wandy are the only ones to go 7 days between starts and they were both really roughed up on those days. Wandy has been a bad pitcher throughout his career on that many days rest or more. The veteran Lewis seemed to have handled it the best.

Gallardo has been better this year and last year on the regular 4 days rest, but over the course of his career it hasn't seemed to matter to much if he had 4 or 5 days of rest. Of course, he has been a different type of pitcher the last couple of years than he was in the past so that might be the reason for the discrepancy between the last couple of years and his career overall. Last time out he had 5 days rest and tomorrow he will be pitching on 5 days rest again. He didn't give up any runs last time, but he had to throw so many pitches that he was taken out after only 5 innings.

Like I said though, it could all just be a coincidence.

I think it's a valid point. There's a reason those guys are on a routine in the first place. When that routine is altered I can see how it could completely throw them off.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start clearing out the bullpen. Cut your losses with Ross. There are a few in the pen that simply can't get guys out at this level. There's no way that Banister can trust any of them right now.

I don't like doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Sort of what I was saying a few other times in that we need to keep experimenting to see what we have.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis needs to go. He and Ian's double play tandem used to be the best in baseball IMO. Now it seems like he doesn't give a fuck. Dude needs his cage rattled a bit. He's too comfortable out there. Mistakes don't seem to bother him because he knows nothing will change.

It is amazing how many additional errors not but were ruled otherwise or missed outs such as a getting an out instead of two that Andrus has to attributed to himself to go along with the errors he has for the season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed this one, it appears

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes really wasting talented arm and good range. He has been nurtured and with moving Sardinas and Profar so iffy, it outs is in a tough position. He sure does not look hungry to improve out in the field and very confused at the plate. Why would he bunt on strike 2 and broadcasters approve? We have to get more out of that contract. Otherwise tough to move it anyways IMO Hard to carry dead weight. Oh well the skid continues

There's no good reason to bunt with 2 strikes. Especially considering there were no outs and he's followed by Martin, who can't hit home plate with his hat at this point.

And our announcing team is the worst I've ever had to listen too, and to make it even worse, Mac is the biggest homer in MLB.

And I hate to break it to ya, but we've got a zero chance of getting outta Elvis' contract. No team needs/wants a SS with a iffy attitude, loses focus defensively, his avg is awful, and his bat has no power. Plus he's making what, about $13 mil a year? Who's wants this? Including us.

Last edited:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arenado with a 290/324/614 slash line and 22 HRs and 64 RBis. Don't hear much about the guy but he is also a really good 3rd baseman.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing how many additional errors not but were ruled otherwise or missed outs such as a getting an out instead of two that Andrus has to attributed to himself to go along with the errors he has for the season.

What did I write here? Missed the game as I went to see Jurassic World with my wife. What I meant to say was Elvis already has 14 errors but should have more attributed to him but were ruled hits not to mention the failed DPs that could have been made. He could have over 20 errors easily.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This on Harrison:

TORONTO – The timing of Matt Harrison’s return to the majors could give the Rangers a chance to get a little extra rest for another starter.

Harrison could return to the rotation sometime in the week before the All-Star break. The Rangers have two off days that week and moving a starter to the DL for fatigue would allow the benefit of one missed start while getting at least two weeks of rest. The other option would be to go to a six-man rotation when Harrison’s 30-day rehab assignment is completed after July 2.

This on our BP:

The two lefties currently in the Rangers’ bullpen — LHP Sam Freeman and LHP Ross Detwiler — entered Friday having allowed left-handed hitters a .379 batting average (11 for 29) and .457 OBP in relief outings this season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This on Harrison:

TORONTO – The timing of Matt Harrison’s return to the majors could give the Rangers a chance to get a little extra rest for another starter.

Harrison could return to the rotation sometime in the week before the All-Star break. The Rangers have two off days that week and moving a starter to the DL for fatigue would allow the benefit of one missed start while getting at least two weeks of rest. The other option would be to go to a six-man rotation when Harrison’s 30-day rehab assignment is completed after July 2.

This on our BP:

The two lefties currently in the Rangers’ bullpen — LHP Sam Freeman and LHP Ross Detwiler — entered Friday having allowed left-handed hitters a .379 batting average (11 for 29) and .457 OBP in relief outings this season.

Just not sure about going to a 6 man rotation. By the time the All Star break comes I have a feeling we will know who can be removed as a starter. But that is based on how Harrison is doing up until then. I am still not sold on him being a solid piece of the rotation but I would love to see it happen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not sure about going to a 6 man rotation. By the time the All Star break comes I have a feeling we will know who can be removed as a starter. But that is based on how Harrison is doing up until then. I am still not sold on him being a solid piece of the rotation but I would love to see it happen.

It's really hard to put much faith in Harry at this time. Maybe the plan is to let him come up, pitch, and see what the results are for about 6 starts.

I have a sinking feeling about Wandy's back and it appears the air is outta Martinez's balloon too. And who knows how Chi-Chi will continue to work.

It sure smells like we're gonna be sellers when the time comes doesn't it?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to put much faith in Harry at this time. Maybe the plan is to let him come up, pitch, and see what the results are for about 6 starts.

I have a sinking feeling about Wandy's back and it appears the air is outta Martinez's balloon too. And who knows how Chi-Chi will continue to work.

It sure smells like we're gonna be sellers when the time comes doesn't it?

I have a hard time on what we will do at the deadline. I still would want to have some pieces around for next year and on which is why I would not mind resigning Gallardo instead of trading him. But that is only if Gallardo makes it clear that he wants to stay. I do not see Wandy in our plans. Of course I would love to sell Choo (I keep waiting for him to be the Choo from before as that would be a big help) and Andrus. To free up that money would be great but we know that will not happen.

Martinez has shown he has the ability but he has just lost his command completely. I know he has to pitch to contact but his control is so out of whack right now. Chi Chi will be good but he is still learning and really Martinez is too. And they are having to learn at a high level. But we have been so devastated with pitching injuries that is the one commodity I hate for us to be getting rid of.

For the most part we may just have to sit on our hands and pick up BP pieces in the off season. I do not want to give up any young talent unless we are talking about a monster of a deal.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time on what we will do at the deadline. I still would want to have some pieces around for next year and on which is why I would not mind resigning Gallardo instead of trading him. But that is only if Gallardo makes it clear that he wants to stay. I do not see Wandy in our plans. Of course I would love to sell Choo (I keep waiting for him to be the Choo from before as that would be a big help) and Andrus. To free up that money would be great but we know that will not happen.

Martinez has shown he has the ability but he has just lost his command completely. I know he has to pitch to contact but his control is so out of whack right now. Chi Chi will be good but he is still learning and really Martinez is too. And they are having to learn at a high level. But we have been so devastated with pitching injuries that is the one commodity I hate for us to be getting rid of.

For the most part we may just have to sit on our hands and pick up BP pieces in the off season. I do not want to give up any young talent unless we are talking about a monster of a deal.

My idea with Gallardo is to do both. Trade him, get some young pieces back, then attempt to resign him in the off season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My idea with Gallardo is to do both. Trade him, get some young pieces back, then attempt to resign him in the off season.

If that could happen then great but it seems to not work out that way 90% of the time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that could happen then great but it seems to not work out that way 90% of the time.

This is true.

But at least with him, he's a local guy. And like you said, he'd have to express an interest in coming back.

What's the latest word on Tepesch?