• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas stops skid against Toronto - I hope

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pitching will get a real test in Toronto with their offense and that stadium.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really glad to see this. He became a very important cog in this offense.

Yes sir he has indeed, and much to my surprise. I'm more surprised by this than anything I've witnessed with the team in quite some time.

I'm also happy to see some progress with Ross Ohlendorf. If he can stay healthy, he can really help our BP situation

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of the same egotistical bill shit that shows exactly what's wrong with umpires and their union. This behavior is completely unprofessional and unacceptable, yet nothing will be done and he'll be umpiring today. Wake up and do something about this shit MLB.

You and I chatted specifically about this problem a while back, and I told ya I contacted MLB about the problem and was informed, in a matter-of-fact tone, "Sir, you need to contact the Umpires Union."

What we essentially have now is a umpiring dog, so-to-speak, and they're off the lease. MLB seems powerless to do anything about this.

What's to do?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we can escape Toronto with any injuries. Such a bad field to play baseball on

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges just wore Elvis out with that 3rd strike bunt attempt. His main point was, "the next guy up is Martin, for crying out loud."

Norm mentioned the Rangers had called up Ryan Cordell to Frisco and he's gonna spend his time in CF. Nothing will happen with this experiment anytime soon, but I'm getting the strong feeling the team is about to wash their hands of Mr Leo.

He's only under contract through this season.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we can escape Toronto with any injuries. Such a bad field to play baseball on
Sure you meant without any injuries, Murph.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges just wore Elvis out with that 3rd strike bunt attempt. His main point was, "the next guy up is Martin, for crying out loud."

Norm mentioned the Rangers had called up Ryan Cordell to Frisco and he's gonna spend his time in CF. Nothing will happen with this experiment anytime soon, but I'm getting the strong feeling the team is about to wash their hands of Mr Leo.

He played a lot of CF earlier this year while Brinson was on the DL. He is a very versatile player it seems.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I chatted specifically about this problem a while back, and I told ya I contacted MLB about the problem and was informed, in a matter-of-fact tone, "Sir, you need to contact the Umpires Union."

What we essentially have now is a umpiring dog, so-to-speak, and they're off the lease. MLB seems powerless to do anything about this.

What's to do?

Look, unions fuck things up again. Big shock. MLB needs to take a serious look at their terms with the umpires union this winter. Their organization is a fucking joke.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Norm is right. That was bush league garbage. Talk about giving an out away. And the idiotic thing about it is Mac backed that up saying he was okay with it. Hate having a bunch of puppets doing the broadcast. Nadel will tell it like it is why can't these guys.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norm is right. That was bush league garbage. Talk about giving an out away. And the idiotic thing about it is Mac backed that up saying he was okay with it. Hate having a bunch of puppets doing the broadcast. Nadel will tell it like it is why can't these guys.

I think the fact of your statement - being 100% correct and all - is what I find so frustrating with our on air broadcast.

Nadel is in the Hall-of-Fame and the trio of Mac/Busby/TAG should be unemployed. How can you get half of the equation so right, and fail so miserably on the other?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact of your statement - being 100% correct and all - is what I find so frustrating with our on air broadcast.

Nadel is in the Hall-of-Fame and the trio of Mac/Busby/TAG should be unemployed. How can you get half of the equation so right, and fail so miserably on the other?

And kick a guy like lewin to the curb in the process.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, unions fuck things up again. Big shock. MLB needs to take a serious look at their terms with the umpires union this winter. Their organization is a fucking joke.

There was a time in this country where unions were very much needed. Even in baseball. Hell, the players of old - and really not that old, like Nolan Ryan old - were not much more than slaves really.

But I get where you're coming from. Honestly I do.

Now the unions, at least in some cases (baseball being one of em) is the classic, "the inmates are running the asylum" syndrome, or "tail-wagging-dog."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And kick a guy like lewin to the curb in the process.

I've admitted this before, and now I've got egg-on-my-face, I wasn't a Lewin fan, and had a conversation with the Rangers production folks about it.

Now, Lewin stayed on for at least another two years so I'm pretty sure I had little to do with his demise. However, its one of those, be careful what you ask for, kind of situations, b/c I'd sure love to have him back now.

Shame on me I guess.