• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. How close were we to landing greinke at the deadline and in the offseason?

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuroda has been wicked, and King Felix is the King, but still think Darvish can snag it with clutch play. Officially back from the sticks. Now with a TV & FSSW recast. Thanks god for small favors.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuroda has been wicked, and King Felix is the King, but still think Darvish can snag it with clutch play. Officially back from the sticks. Now with a TV & FSSW recast. Thanks god for small favors.

If darvish can pitch to, and it's possible. 2.40 ERA 15+ wins 270 strikeouts he could very well win it

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should look at this year's stats huh? :noidea:
His starts since like the beginning of June have looked like his cy young year. His stats this year are a little messed up because he was pitching with a broken collar bone. But I mean if scouts really wanted him and thought he was worth a lot of money, then that tells you something

We were very close to getting him. At one point everyone thought it was a done deal. The Dodgers fooled the Rangers by saying they were getting out of the hunt for him, so when we heard that we offered him a very safe deal in the 125-130 range. Dodgers took advantage and gave him much more. Apparently his biggest thing was winning though, and when we weren't making many moves this offseason while the dodgers already had all their pieces in place, he ultimately thought they would give him a better shot

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurodo has been great but I really don't think he can win the Cy Young over Felix.
King Felix has a better ERA, far more strikeouts, more innings pitched, and a better w/l (that stat is meaningless to most of us, but that's just what the Cy Young voters love).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurodo has been great but I really don't think he can win the Cy Young over Felix.
King Felix has a better ERA, far more strikeouts, more innings pitched, and a better w/l (that stat is meaningless to most of us, but that's just what the Cy Young voters love).

ERA and Ks are my top 2 for CY

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His starts since like the beginning of June have looked like his cy young year. His stats this year are a little messed up because he was pitching with a broken collar bone. But I mean if scouts really wanted him and thought he was worth a lot of money, then that tells you something

We were very close to getting him. At one point everyone thought it was a done deal. The Dodgers fooled the Rangers by saying they were getting out of the hunt for him, so when we heard that we offered him a very safe deal in the 125-130 range. Dodgers took advantage and gave him much more. Apparently his biggest thing was winning though, and when we weren't making many moves this offseason while the dodgers already had all their pieces in place, he ultimately thought they would give him a better shot

Damn those bums. 6 years right?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale is having a better year than last year. His numbers across the board are better. It's crazy how no one is talking about him, because he pitches for a shitty team.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sale is having a better year than last year. His numbers across the board are better. It's crazy how no one is talking about him, because he pitches for a shitty team.
I think we all recognize him as a great pitcher, but nobody considers him for the Cy Young because you simply need to have a good w/l to win that. Just the way it is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thinkhes deff top 5 in discussion but not top 3 at the moment.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thinkhes deff top 5 in discussion but not top 3 at the moment.
King Felix, Scherzer, and Darvish are my top 3 in the AL. Kuroda and Sale are next.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Felix, Scherzer, and Darvish are my top 3 in the AL. Kuroda and Sale are next.

I have the same top 3 in my post on the sports general forum haha

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sale better hurry up and get a CY because I wouldn't be shocked if he threw his forearm across the plate for a strike in the near future.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NChytDM.gif

Still playing a Game even with bad hammies, and now #4 in AL with .320. Smiling Adrian!:suds: