• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win and lose. Individuals make up those teams. Harold Reynolds saying that Max knows how to win cause his record is 17-1 is stupid. He pitches just as well as he does all the time, and it's an independent variable in the end. How well he pitches doesn't make the offense play better.

LOL I was watching that he said win-loss record is the best stat in history :laugh3:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It could be this year, went conservative with 269 because he has gone low as 5 (?), and he might get skipped to save him for playoffs & we still have to play some over .500 teams. But he has rocked some good teams. Like a true ace, he gets up for big games. Strikeouts are gravy, wins are steak.

269 would be the most in a decade I think. Verlander had 268 1 year

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is within reach & so is a Cy Young except for Scherzer, but he could fade if his defense fades or they have injuries.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was out and about today. Followed the game on mobile. Thinking Perez is a keeper.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn Rangers site has good things to say about him & his teammates did too. He sounds like he's been to Bull Durham interview school because Perez said the right stuff too.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh guys... IDK if you've seen Greinke pitch lately... God damn he looks solid. And hes hitting over .400. Consistently throwing 95 and throws an 87 mph slider with impeccable control. He's been unhittable lately. If he pitches like he's pitched since he's been healthy (from the collarbone incident) he is a top 5 pitcher in the game IMO

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh guys... IDK if you've seen Greinke pitch lately... God damn he looks solid. And hes hitting over .400. Consistently throwing 95 and throws an 87 mph slider with impeccable control. He's been unhittable lately. If he pitches like he's pitched since he's been healthy (from the collarbone incident) he is a top 5 pitcher in the game IMO

He's not a top 5 pitcher at his best. If that were so we would of givin up olt

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a top 5 pitcher at his best. If that were so we would of givin up olt

His cy young year was the best year for a pitcher that I've seen since Randy Johnson/Pedro, if he pitches like that there is no doubt in my mind he is. And lately, thats sorta how he's pitched. 1 walk or less per game, 7 k's or more per game, one run or less per game.

My friend (the scout) wanted greinke last offseason moreso than any other free agent in recent history. He says that Greinke is gonna be healthy, maintain his stuff, and be a horse until his late 30's because he's such a good athlete.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cy young year was the best year for a pitcher that I've seen since Randy Johnson/Pedro, if he pitches like that there is no doubt in my mind he is. And lately, thats sorta how he's pitched. 1 walk or less per game, 7 k's or more per game, one run or less per game.

My friend (the scout) wanted greinke last offseason moreso than any other free agent in recent history. He says that Greinke is gonna be healthy, maintain his stuff, and be a horse until his late 30's because he's such a good athlete.

Yeah but you could say that's a fluke year though. Last few years is what he really is. And that's no knock on him he's still really good

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you could say that's a fluke year though. Last few years is what he really is. And that's no knock on him he's still really good

Idk if its a fluke. His FIP would prove that the past few years have been a fluke instead... he's consistently in the top 10 in the majors in FIP yet his other numbers aren't exactly there. His stuff and his athleticism would show that his performances of late is who he is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if its a fluke. His FIP would prove that the past few years have been a fluke instead... he's consistently in the top 10 in the majors in FIP yet his other numbers aren't exactly there. His stuff and his athleticism would show that his performances of late is who he is.

Mid 3s FIP and xfip do not scream top 10 IMO

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIP is a stat that the pitchers control. It's one of the more truer pitching stats. I'd rely on that moreso than win's era or anything else.