• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has 10-11 starts left I believe

Don't we have 44 games left? If so, then Yu will pitch every 5th game, with a max of 10 starts, I think. And it wouldn't surprise me to see them skip a start somewhere between now and then either.

Honestly, I think Darvish thinks about his stats a little more than he should. Go out, FOCUS like from the FIRST INNING on, and let your stuff get you 7/8 K, go 7 innings +, get the win, and be the ace!

Am I being picky?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we have 44 games left? If so, then Yu will pitch every 5th game, with a max of 10 starts, I think. And it wouldn't surprise me to see them skip a start somewhere between now and then either.

Honestly, I think Darvish thinks about his stats a little more than he should. Go out, FOCUS like from the FIRST INNING on, and let your stuff get you 7/8 K, go 7 innings +, get the win, and be the ace!

Am I being picky?

Also you shouldn't be suprised someone like Perez gets skipped cause of a day off so yu can go another start. But it's a lot more possible he goes 10. But yeah that's not asking to much I would love to see 7-9 inning every game with 7-10 Ks 1-2 runs a game that's ace quality

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's everyone's prediction on how many batters Yu will strikeout the rest of the year? Goo...
Darvish has 192 SO through 22 starts thus far (averaging 8.7 SO/GS)

He will start on 8/12, 8/18, 8/24, 8/30, 9/4, 9/10, 9/16, 9/21, 9/26. That is only 9 more starts.

That's another ~78 bringing his total to ~270.
If he makes an extra start for whatever reason and averages 10.8 SO/GS for 10 final starts, he can do 300 strikeouts. I can't see him averaging 10.8 SO/GS but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most hated should be that fat pig Bartolo Colon. Cheating to prolong his career and the main reason the A's are right on our heels. Fat fuck is 14-4. Before some smart ass A's fan mentions Cruz, I'll say the circumstances are much different. Cruz took PEDs to overcome an illness, Colon took them to stay in the league longer. I never root for an injury, but in his case..... It would be nice if he got hit by a line drive to the shin and had to retire.

Cheating is cheating, I'm over it both guys will do their time, time to move on

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish has 192 SO through 22 starts thus far (averaging 8.7 SO/GS)

He will start on 8/12, 8/18, 8/24, 8/30, 9/4, 9/10, 9/16, 9/21, 9/26. That is only 9 more starts.

That's another ~78 bringing his total to ~270.
If he makes an extra start for whatever reason and averages 10.8 SO/GS for 10 final starts, he can do 300 strikeouts. I can't see him averaging 10.8 SO/GS but you never know.

Good stuff. I can deff see him strikeing out 10 a game any stretch of the year. He's that good. Has a chance to be one of the best pitchers that pitched this game

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you shouldn't be suprised someone like Perez gets skipped cause of a day off so yu can go another start. But it's a lot more possible he goes 10. But yeah that's not asking to much I would love to see 7-9 inning every game with 7-10 Ks 1-2 runs a game that's ace quality

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see almost any of our starters get skipped, depending on what our playoff situation is at the time. Holland has been a horse, Perez is in his first season, and Darvish may need a breather too! But your point is a good one.

All I want/hope is that Yu really grasps what an ace is all about. Go out and pick the team up; if 12 Ks is needed so be it. But if 8 innings, 118 pitches with only 7 Ks is the order of the day, so be that! To me, what separates an ace from another starter is, he does what is needed at the time. If we've lost 2/3 outta 4 and we really need a solid win, then go 8 innings, forget the Ks, and win!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheating is cheating, I'm over it both guys will do their time, time to move on

:agree: And if someone is buying that "recovering from illness" story, I'm not!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see almost any of our starters get skipped, depending on what our playoff situation is at the time. Holland has been a horse, Perez is in his first season, and Darvish may need a breather too! But your point is a good one.

All I want/hope is that Yu really grasps what an ace is all about. Go out and pick the team up; if 12 Ks is needed so be it. But if 8 innings, 118 pitches with only 7 Ks is the order of the day, so be that! To me, what separates an ace from another starter is, he does what is needed at the time. If we've lost 2/3 outta 4 and we really need a solid win, then go 8 innings, forget the Ks, and win!

Darvish is what he is, and what he is, is awesome. He'll make some adjustments but if the rangers are smart they won't try to change much about him. Let him be who he is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I want him to see him strikeout the world that is more important than anything

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. I can deff see him strikeing out 10 a game any stretch of the year. He's that good. Has a chance to be one of the best pitchers that pitched this game
He's up against the Astros, Mariners, White Sox, Twins, A's, Pirates, Rays, Royals, and Angels.
Most likely he'll go ~8/9 SO/start, 10/11+ per game is unlikely but possible because he is Darvish and you never know what he might pull out of the bag. If he could do that it would be incredible to see him get 300 strikeouts.
Again, unlikely but possible.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he has at least one 300 strike out season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest thing about darvish he has the potential to be so dominant like randy and Pedro back in the day

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish is what he is, and what he is, is awesome. He'll make some adjustments but if the rangers are smart they won't try to change much about him. Let him be who he is.

I hear ya! But I'm not sure Yu knows exactly who he is at this point. I try to remember, he's still only 25 years old, and in his second season of MLB. Remember, just a few weeks ago, he made the statement of "I'm a breaking ball pitcher." And yet, he's been much more successful when he throws the moving heat at 95. That's fact.

Listen, if I sound like I'm disappointed in him, THAT'S INCORRECT! He's been very good; sometimes great. I just have such incredibly high hopes he can become one the games best. I want him mentioned in the same sentence with the Verlander's, Greinke's, and Kershaw's of the world. He's that talented.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya! But I'm not sure Yu knows exactly who he is at this point. I try to remember, he's still only 25 years old, and in his second season of MLB. Remember, just a few weeks ago, he made the statement of "I'm a breaking ball pitcher." And yet, he's been much more successful when he throws the moving heat at 95. That's fact.

Listen, if I sound like I'm disappointed in him, THAT'S INCORRECT! He's been very good; sometimes great. I just have such incredibly high hopes he can become one the games best. I want him mentioned in the same sentence with the Verlander's, Greinke's, and Kershaw's of the world. He's that talented.

Grenkie hasn't been as talented as them. Also Darvish is already there iMO has the potential to be even better. That's what's scary

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greinke wishes he was as good as kershaw.