• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random but would the Rangers be interested in hiroki Kuroda In free agency?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Californian but I live in Dallas and really like the Rangers. I think they could use another bat but their pitching has really put them back in play...as well as small ball. Wash doesn't always impress me but I think he has been an intergrel part of their latest success.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I'm not going to be totally objective, but the illness thing could be true.
:noidea:

I don't doubt the illness thing, but its irrelevant, he used to get himself back in playing shape, it wasn't allowed, he got caught, 50 game suspension

It doesn't make exceptions for illness or extending your career or you just weren't very good to begin with, they are all viewed as the same, which they should

If he wanted to come back from his illness, there were other ways to do so, maybe not as quickly but probably legal

Cruz took a calculated risk but ended up getting caught

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Californian but I live in Dallas and really like the Rangers. I think they could use another bat but their pitching has really put them back in play...as well as small ball. Wash doesn't always impress me but I think he has been an intergrel part of their latest success.

Welcome. Who is the baseball team you root for?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you. We don't need a 40 yr old who could fall off the cliff any time.

I would feel very comfortable he wouldn't "fall off the cliff" and besides, he'll come cheaper than another big bat would. We've got to get someone to help on the RBI front next season don't ya think?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel very comfortable he wouldn't "fall off the cliff" and besides, he'll come cheaper than another big bat would. We've got to get someone to help on the RBI front next season don't ya think?

I was talking about Kuroda. Who are you talking about?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Kuroda. Who are you talking about?

Sorry. I posted to you and was trying to give my thoughts on another poster.

But while I've got ya, let me ask. How do you like having Profar as the backup at SS, 2nd base, DH, and maybe at 3rd too? And not just for the rest of this season, going into next as well. Seems to working better now that he's getting AB on a more regularly.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I posted to you and was trying to give my thoughts on another poster.

But while I've got ya, let me ask. How do you like having Profar as the backup at SS, 2nd base, DH, and maybe at 3rd too? And not just for the rest of this season, going into next as well. Seems to working better now that he's getting AB on a more regularly.

I'll reserve judgement on that till the end of the season. As long as he's getting regular at bats and he's continuing to develop I'm on board with it. Giving him reps in LF seemed to be throwing him off somewhat. At some point we're going to have to make a decision regarding Ian, Elvis, and Profar. And none of those should involve a move to the outfield.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At some point we're going to have to make a decision regarding Ian, Elvis, and Profar"

Amen to that.
I think it needs to be by the start of spring training.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"At some point we're going to have to make a decision regarding Ian, Elvis, and Profar"

Amen to that.
I think it needs to be by the start of spring training.

Putting a deadline on it like that is dangerous because if you resolve yourself to that you may end up making a decision that is less than ideal. People keep saying trade Profar, we don't have a spot for him. Well, that's fine but you don't take less just because you don't have a spot for him. That's how we wound up just getting rid of Alex Gonzalez.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting a deadline on it like that is dangerous because if you resolve yourself to that you may end up making a decision that is less than ideal. People keep saying trade Profar, we don't have a spot for him. Well, that's fine but you don't take less just because you don't have a spot for him. That's how we wound up just getting rid of Alex Gonzalez.

Agreed. And it's still too early to be speculating on what happens in the off season. Hell, anyone and everyone can be traded with the right offer!

But if I'm jumping the gun to next season, I wouldn't mind seeing Profar stay in this rotating role (NO OF). Figuring Kins will rest 10 games, same for EA and of course Beltre's hamstrings aren't getting any younger. So maybe he picks up 25/30 games at 3rd. If Kins gets hurt, which he has had some injuries, maybe he picks up another 25 or so there. Plus, DH him some too. Then after next year we can see where we're at.

And you did mean Adrian Gonzalez right?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And it's still too early to be speculating on what happens in the off season. Hell, anyone and everyone can be traded with the right offer!

But if I'm jumping the gun to next season, I wouldn't mind seeing Profar stay in this rotating role (NO OF). Figuring Kins will rest 10 games, same for EA and of course Beltre's hamstrings aren't getting any younger. So maybe he picks up 25/30 games at 3rd. If Kins gets hurt, which he has had some injuries, maybe he picks up another 25 or so there. Plus, DH him some too. Then after next year we can see where we're at.

And you did mean Adrian Gonzalez right?

Yes. Auto correct got me.