• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this. Just say you will not be giving him an offer. If you need him as a mentor/coach fine hire him as that but not as a player. Move on.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo just wants to hang out and spend time with his family.

we are such a shit show.... I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing some Harry Potter / sogard action at 3rd base for one season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the priority is evaluating IKF at SS.
It seems somewhat disjointed to me. Let’s take a guy in IKF who showed he could handle 3B and move him to SS leaving a hole at 3rd. A normal well-organized front office would make a move or decision on what they were going to do at 1 position before moving a player from there to another position.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this. Just say you will not be giving him an offer. If you need him as a mentor/coach fine hire him as that but not as a player. Move on.
Daniels is doing his usual off-season BS. He will let it be known that they are looking at certain players, Submit low-ball offers that have no chance of bringing in anyone and then sign the Choo, the Frazier or the chorinos and crow about how improved the team is.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta hand it to IKF. He has clawed and scratched his way to this point. He was never ranked very high amongst our prospects. He fought through learning to be a catcher. It hasn't been the typical way a prospect has earned being a starter.

Congratulations Isiah!!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKF was good defensively at 3rd base. Not gonna ever be the kind of big bat and provide offensive production like most 3rd baseman these days. He was probably the best on defense and with the bat of any player on the team this year. That said there is not any position on the field that the Rangers have a player that looks like they can be uber successful in the big leagues aside form some promise at catcher.

This team has holes everywhere and doesn't have anyone coming through the minors that appears they can be an all-star at some point soon. This organization has regressed big time in the last 5 years. JD has managed to get very little for players with value when making trades lately. I have been hoping for new ownership and a new FO for awhile but it appears we are stuck with the same garbage the football team across the street has for their FO.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKF grades better offensively at SS than 3B and we have Jung or others in the wings. So it is a positive step and the right move but yes we need some elite players otherwise it it basically inconsequential.
We shall see how 2B gets sorted out and eventually 3B,LF and 1B

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen DT on board for a bit. Hope he is ok

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Evan Grant:

“Sometimes it’s important to pick a path and allow everyone to prepare a certain way,” Daniels said. “We talked about it late in the season a little bit; we tried to let it breathe a little bit and let everybody kind of step away from the year, and when we came back and met again and talked it over, I think everyone had additional conviction that this was the right move as far as not just 2021 but setting things up beyond.”

Make no mistake: This is all about the future. Moving Kiner-Falefa to short creates a clear path for top prospect Josh Jung to reach the majors sometime in 2021. It gives the Rangers a full year to evaluate whether Kiner-Falefa can hit enough to dissuade them from diving into the best free agent market for shortstops ever after the 2021 season. It gives them a chance to finally install Solak at a position and let him focus on it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems somewhat disjointed to me. Let’s take a guy in IKF who showed he could handle 3B and move him to SS leaving a hole at 3rd. A normal well-organized front office would make a move or decision on what they were going to do at 1 position before moving a player from there to another position.
IKF cant hit enough for 3B. And our best prospect is a year away and he's a third baseman.

I hate our front office but this is the best decision they've made in a while. See if IKF can play SS regularly. Otherwise, he's a utility guy and inconsequential to our long term plans.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKF cant hit enough for 3B. And our best prospect is a year away and he's a third baseman.

I hate our front office but this is the best decision they've made in a while. See if IKF can play SS regularly. Otherwise, he's a utility guy and inconsequential to our long term plans.
So sign some 3rd or 4th level FA is the way to go?

rather see them play Jung now

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sign some 3rd or 4th level FA is the way to go?

rather see them play Jung now

For 1 year, dude. Gives IKF a season to acclimate to being full-time SS and Jung one more season of development before taking over 3B.

They're moving pieces in place for the long-term, which is what they need to be doing.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 1 year, dude. Gives IKF a season to acclimate to being full-time SS and Jung one more season of development before taking over 3B.

They're moving pieces in place for the long-term, which is what they need to be doing.
We have been signing 1-year wasted contracts for years. For once we need to Stop and gamble on the kids like Jung, Apostel, Huff etc

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been signing 1-year wasted contracts for years. For once we need to Stop and gamble on the kids like Jung, Apostel, Huff etc
I think they are just wanting Jung to get a partial season in the minors. I wouldn't be surprised if he is starting every day for us by August.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have a history of bringing up guys earlier than other teams, sometimes too early. Guzman and Mazara are a current guys. Maybe even Gallo. If a guys shows him up elite yes but even form a financial basis, Cubs held back Bryant to gain more player control. Rangers rarely do this. No complaints should be in order in this regard

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to believe Seise was going to be a star for us, but his last injury really deflated my expectations. By the end of ST I may very well consider him one of our top 5 prospects again.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have a history of bringing up guys earlier than other teams, sometimes too early. Guzman and Mazara are a current guys. Maybe even Gallo. If a guys shows him up elite yes but even form a financial basis, Cubs held back Bryant to gain more player control. Rangers rarely do this. No complaints should be in order in this regard
I think it really depends on the mental makeup. Some guys benefit from coming up early, some tend to think they have arrived and start coasting, and then others just get overwhelmed and never get over it.