• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very thorough analysis of the top 25 free agents that discusses what kind of contract they are expected to get. Top 50 are listed, but only 25 are scrutinized.

2020 Top 50 Free Agents
If we are going to be low ball players we may have to go after guys like Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Lyles and Daniel Hudson. Gio and Jordan would be back end of the rotation pitchers but serviceable. I wouldn't mind Wheeler if he could stay healthy but I don't see us spending the money and years on Cole. I would be willing to spend for a position player who has excelled consistently in Rendon. JD is a hitting machine but unless we go rid of a bunch of OFers we have no need of another one.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to be low ball players we may have to go after guys like Gio Gonzalez, Jordan Lyles and Daniel Hudson. Gio and Jordan would be back end of the rotation pitchers but serviceable. I wouldn't mind Wheeler if he could stay healthy but I don't see us spending the money and years on Cole. I would be willing to spend for a position player who has excelled consistently in Rendon. JD is a hitting machine but unless we go rid of a bunch of OFers we have no need of another one.
Tired of our team, the Texas Rangers, being considered synonymous with term low-ball. Beginning to believe if you look in the Webster's Dictionary for the term you will find a picture of JD and the Texas Rangers

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have to be low-ball spenders after these past few years of spending less, then this ownership needs to sell to someone with deeper pockets. A baseball team needs to be seen by ownership as a longterm investment and not a year-to-year money making machine. You spend with a goal of a WS championship and plan on making your money when you sell.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we have to be low-ball spenders after these past few years of spending less, then this ownership needs to sell to someone with deeper pockets. A baseball team needs to be seen by ownership as a longterm investment and not a year-to-year money making machine. You spend with a goal of a WS championship and plan on making your money when you sell.
I am for selling to someone with money to spend. But I said "if we have to be low-ball spenders". I can't help but feel that is what we will do based on our past history with current ownership but hope I am wrong. This off season will tell us what we need to know in regards to that. A wise mix of serviceable but less years and money with a stud thrown in would be nice.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for selling to someone with money to spend. But I said "if we have to be low-ball spenders". I can't help but feel that is what we will do based on our past history with current ownership but hope I am wrong. This off season will tell us what we need to know in regards to that. A wise mix of serviceable but less years and money with a stud thrown in would be nice.
In his mailbox column TR said the Rangers would not be giving out contracts longer than 5 years. To me, if that is the plan then they are placing themselves at a disadvantage when other teams will go longer than that. If that is for financial reasons, then they need to sell.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in Kyle Gibson at 3 years and $45 million for the rotation?

Also, I wonder if JD is still enamored with Cole Hamels?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes no difference if we are not serious in rebuilding to win a WS

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pockets should be deep enough. One of our owners made the Forbes richest Texans list this year.

these guys suck. I wish they would sell to Mark Cuban or something.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pockets should be deep enough. One of our owners made the Forbes richest Texans list this year.

these guys suck. I wish they would sell to Mark Cuban or something.
Maybe a Cuban amd Chuck Greenberg combination.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a Cuban amd Chuck Greenberg combination.

I think Greenberg was kind of whacky with his tornado siren in the 6th inning thing and the hot chocolate in 100 degrees promotion.

he also flew to cliff lee’s house and embarassed us.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox may be in a little bit of a pickle as J.D. Martinez has decided not to opt out of his contract. They will HAVE to make some moves to cut costs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I would say no to Cole at 36 years of age but with us playing indoors now he may hold up better. But it would have to be for no more than 2 years.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ew on Gibson at that price

Meh on Hamels, ultimately depends on the price

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would say no to Cole at 36 years of age but with us playing indoors now he may hold up better. But it would have to be for no more than 2 years.

It'll be interesting to see how the new ballpark plays, RF/LF favored, hitters/pitchers park?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is Cole hamels a national league product?
Should answer your question