• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he proves healthy you can probably move him and eat a good chunk of the money, but at least save something and get a flier prospect in return.
Maybe they could develop a framework for a deal at the Winter Meetings. Then if he can pass a physical by mid-December, maybe a trade can be completed. We would probably have to eat $15 million though. I would be willing to eat even more if the trade partner would give up a better prospect.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they could develop a framework for a deal at the Winter Meetings. Then if he can pass a physical by mid-December, maybe a trade can be completed. We would probably have to eat $15 million though. I would be willing to eat even more if the trade partner would give up a better prospect.

i can speak from first hand experience that Choo's surgery isn't a big deal.

He will be behind the 8 ball on getting his lifting and workouts in, but he's probably swinging a bat by around Christmas/New Years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Cheerio (chirinos) in the WS

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday Toby!!!

He is a former Rangers manager also.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only scoreboard watch the rest of the Series...bring on the off-season.

Choo surgery albeit minor does not bold well for a trade.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only scoreboard watch the rest of the Series...bring on the off-season.

Choo surgery albeit minor does not bold well for a trade.
So afraid we are stuck with he and Odor

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So afraid we are stuck with he and Odor

Honestly and despite the reasonable thoughts on this board, I am ok with Odor starting at 2B and batting eighth so long as he does not block Solak And if he slumps sit him early. Actually ok if we do not pick up a 3B for Solak to start AAA at 3B to get that down.

Re Choo- just need to be assured that Calhoun is ahead of him in the pecking order.

We have CF, 1B and another 2 SPs as question marks and no clear plan for Santana. A lot of work ahead, more than thought starting out last year Elvis too

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly and despite the reasonable thoughts on this board, I am ok with Odor starting at 2B and batting eighth so long as he does not block Solak And if he slumps sit him early. Actually ok if we do not pick up a 3B for Solak to start AAA at 3B to get that down.

Re Choo- just need to be assured that Calhoun is ahead of him in the pecking order.

We have CF, 1B and another 2 SPs as question marks and no clear plan for Santana. A lot of work ahead, more than thought starting out last year Elvis too

Odor is or will block Solak. Santana can play CF. He has the arm and speed.
Agree with 2SP's and 1B.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chirinos with 2nd HR. Wish we had him but he is getting too old for our future catcher

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sit him early if he slumps? How early is that for you? Who takes over at 2B that point, if Solak is learning 3B and Santana is in CF?

To me, if Odor is starting at 2B to open the season, I will lose all confidence in the front office.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sit him early if he slumps? Hiw early is that for you? Who takes over at 2B that point, if Solak is learning 3B and Santana is in CF?

To me, if Odor is starting at 2B to open the season, I will lose all confidence in the front office.

You already lost it so no big deal....they were playing Solak at 3B vs 2B so it is a legit possibility that 3B is in the cards for Solak.
All this at end of season while Odor was on his sporadic hot streaks. They did not bench Odor then so unless a trade happens most likely Odor starts out at 2B

On the other hand it has been reported that Odor has no permanent hold at 2B no matter what. We shall see how it plays out Re the what ifs you got me. A wild guess in the dark is 30 days if Odor slumps out of the gate.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curse of Bogar reappears

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already lost it so no big deal....they were playing Solak at 3B vs 2B so it is a legit possibility that 3B is in the cards for Solak.
All this at end of season while Odor was on his sporadic hot streaks. They did not bench Odor then so unless a trade happens most likely Odor starts out at 2B

On the other hand it has been reported that Odor has no permanent hold at 2B no matter what. We shall see how it plays out Re the what ifs you got me. A wild guess in the dark is 30 days if Odor slumps out of the gate.

im just.........skeptical.

how can any organization run the same player out at any position for 4 years in a row now who ranked near the bottom of regular players in production over the previous 3?

not a good look. He should’ve been replaced long ago and I’m really crossing my fingers he gets traded or benched early next season. He will never be the bad ass JD thinks.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just.........skeptical.

how can any organization run the same player out at any position for 4 years in a row now who ranked near the bottom of regular players in production over the previous 3?

not a good look. He should’ve been replaced long ago and I’m really crossing my fingers he gets traded or benched early next season. He will never be the bad ass JD thinks.
Leads in HR&RBI Putting aside personal feelings, why bench him?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because this club plays a guy somewhere doesn't mean a whole lot. IKF played catcher and now he isn't a catcher. Gallo played 3B and now he isn't one. Gallo played 1B and now he isn't one. Gallo played CF and apparently now he isn't one. They once said Feliz was a starter, then a reliever, then a starter, then a reliever, and then a starter and finally a reliever again.

I doubt you say it is a mistake if he slumps out of the gate for 60 days and he keeps playing. I also doubt if they start him there, that he gets benched more than just for a few days at a time.

If you think I had already lost complete confidence then you are in for a surprise when I do, I guess.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because this club plays a guy somewhere doesn't mean a whole lot. IKF played catcher and now he isn't a catcher. Gallo played 3B and now he isn't one. Gallo played 1B and now he isn't one. Gallo played CF and apparently now he isn't one. They once said Feliz was a starter, then a reliever, then a starter, then a reliever, and then a starter and finally a reliever again.

I doubt you say it is a mistake if he slumps out of the gate for 60 days and he keeps playing. I also doubt if they start him there, that he gets benched more than just for a few days at a time.

If you think I had already lost complete confidence then you are in for a surprise when I do, I guess.

I do get the move from your natural position skepticism. Much easier fit for Solak at 2B and his arm is yet to be proven at 3B.
Perhaps you know me better than my own self. Just loks like Solak will get a shot at 3B. I hope this proves to be an interesting off season