• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you can write can shock me. You don't seem to understand who really watches Ole' Miss's games, there really isn't that much demand.

IIRC the away team does not normally share in the TV revenue, just like gate proceeds. By having an away game on the LHN and the right to broadcast the game on their own Tier 3 platform the away team gets TV revenue.

you do realize other power conferences share gate revenue right?

its not about the tv money but the brand exposure (the reason these schools play football) and ole miss lost a nationally televised game to the LHN

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best guess I've seen, hands down.

Once again, please research what Tier 3 means. If ESPN or Fox determine one of our games is Tier 3, then it will be on the LHN. Are you haters going to be that upset that you can't watch Texas vs. New Mexico State or Texas vs. KU b/c you don't have the LHN? The LHN has zero power in deciding that it wants to showcase the TEX/OU game or any other game that is 1st and 2nd tier. Try not to hate and actually analyze the situation. You won't look like dumbass all the time.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, please research what Tier 3 means. If ESPN or Fox determine one of our games is Tier 3, then it will be on the LHN. Are you haters going to be that upset that you can't watch Texas vs. New Mexico State or Texas vs. KU b/c you don't have the LHN? The LHN has zero power in deciding that it wants to showcase the TEX/OU game or any other game that is 1st and 2nd tier. Try not to hate and actually analyze the situation. You won't look like dumbass all the time.

One of YOUR games, sure. But what about TTU v KSU or some other game that doesn't get picked up by the major networks.

That's what I meant really, not necessarily a UT game that isn't picked up because I assume all of those go on the LHN already. The LHN needs more content and I'm sure they would happily accept another conference foe's games assuming UT is televised elsewhere.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas leaves, OU goes with them.....that would basically end the B12, and all the GORs stuff evaporates.

Unreal ... this is the exact scenario the GOR prevents. You think the other 8 schools are going to give up their rights to the Texas and OU media rights?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of YOUR games, sure. But what about TTU v KSU or some other game that doesn't get picked up by the major networks.

That's what I meant really, not necessarily a UT game that isn't picked up because I assume all of those go on the LHN already. The LHN needs more content and I'm sure they would happily accept another conference foe's games assuming UT is televised elsewhere.

they already did that to texas state & texas tech.

texas tech went apeshit as you can imagine

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, I would love to see Texas join the B1G just so we can watch the massive meltdown from the Corn Hole fan base as they have to endure daddy being back :laugh3:

I think Nebraskan's would be widely in favor of Texas and Oklahoma joining the Big 10.

Nebraska joined the Big 10 for stability going forward, and there's no way in hell Texas is going to pull the strings of major institutions like Ohio St and Michigan.

They would squash Texas like a bug.

Hence the reason a **** institution like Texas would never join. They don't have a share for the good of all mentality.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize other power conferences share gate revenue right?

If by "other power conferences" you mean only the B1G, then you would be correct. None of the other conferences do.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nebraskan's would be widely in favor of Texas and Oklahoma joining the Big 10.

Nebraska joined the Big 10 for stability going forward, and there's no way in hell Texas is going to pull the strings of major institutions like Ohio St and Michigan.

Hence the reason a **** institution like Texas would never join. They don't have a share for the good of all mentality.

someone needs a hug

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon Tharvot, you seem to be one of the few intelligent posters that came over from ESPN. You do know if a game is deemed Tier 3, the home team can do whatever they want. If TTU was playing KSU in Manhattan and the game is determined Tier 3 by ESPN and Fox, KSU can call the LHN and ask to be played on the network. The LHN can't just decide they want to show the TTU/KSU game. C'mon man!!!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Tharvot, you seem to be one of the few intelligent posters that came over from ESPN. You do know if a game is deemed Tier 3, the home team can do whatever they want. If TTU was playing KSU in Manhattan and the game is determined Tier 3 by ESPN and Fox, KSU can call the LHN and ask to be played on the network. The LHN can't just decide they want to show the TTU/KSU game. C'mon man!!!

That's what I mean by concessions for the LHN. I'm totally scatter shooting here, but theoretically, UT could ask (or demand with an iron fist depending on whose point of view you wish to take) their conference bros to agree to let the LHN televise their T3 games. That would be a concession made by those conference members for UT and the LHN...though if the game isn't going to be televised anywhere else I don't see the big fuss.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they already did that to texas state & texas tech.

texas tech went apeshit as you can imagine

Once again, absent with the facts. TSU approached the LHN about showing their game b/c this game was Tier 3 and wasn't going to be on TV at all. Since TSU was the home team, they had that right. Of course TTECH was opposed b/c they didn't want to be on the LHN, but it wasn't their choice. Since TTU made a big fit about it and threatened to cancel the game, TSU decided not to have the game on the LHN after all and the game went untelevised, with both schools losing money on TV revenue.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mean by concessions for the LHN. I'm totally scatter shooting here, but theoretically, UT could ask (or demand with an iron fist depending on whose point of view you wish to take) their conference bros to agree to let the LHN televise their T3 games. That would be a concession made by those conference members for UT and the LHN...though if the game isn't going to be televised anywhere else I don't see the big fuss.

DUDE, C'MON!!!! You've been listening to the Nebraska fan base too much. UT isn't going to demand that, nor would the school ask for that. Legally, it doesn't work that way. Tharvot, you're better than that....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By strings, I assume you forgot how Nebraska demanded for unequal revenue sharing when the conference was born?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUDE, C'MON!!!! You've been listening to the Nebraska fan base too much. UT isn't going to demand that, nor would the school ask for that. Legally, it doesn't work that way. Tharvot, you're better than that....

Just playing devil's advocate. I'm sure TTU was saying that.

Conference members might have reservations with their games being televised on another conference member's network. As a fan, I wouldn't care if it meant I could watch my team's game as opposed to not being televised at all.

It would still be a concession for other B12 members to sign off on if UT asked for it. Not saying they are actually doing that, just in the event that it ever came up.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just playing devil's advocate. I'm sure TTU was saying that.

Conference members might have reservations with their games being televised on another conference member's network. As a fan, I wouldn't care if it meant I could watch my team's game as opposed to not being televised at all.

It would still be a concession for other B12 members to sign off on if UT asked for it. Not saying they are actually doing that, just in the event that it ever came up.

Stop playing devil's advocate....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought crossed my mind too on Nebraska,that would be epic. Imagine the meeting to vote on inviting Texas...wow :laugh3:

Nebraska would vote for it based on revenue alone, as long as Texas is not given special treatment regarding said revenue and special treatment in rule making like recruiting limitations that greatly benefits Texas.

Nebraska need not worry about Big 10 stability, Texas or no Texas. Nebraska leaving the Big XII had nnothing to do with the worst Nebraska teams in decades losing to the horns. It had everything to do with getting aa seat in a sdtable conference as the Big XII was collapsing. Texas and Beebe (Big XII commish) were in ned together and unwilling to maake any commitments or consessions to any of its fellow members. It's what got Beebe fired for aand exposed Texas' threats to go to the PAC as just that. An empty threat to get fellow conference members to concede even more to them. Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M finallly had enough.

Texas is like a bitch using children as a means of power and control over their father. She knows her tits will be the ruling authority in the courtroom so why should she compromise on anything for the good of all?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the B1G and you wanted to go to 16, what schools would you poach, in order? Just curious?

Va Tech
FSU

Good football schools, Va Tech because they fit the culture (sort of) and FSU to better our Florida recruting/media market...

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the B1G and you wanted to go to 16, what schools would you poach, in order? Just curious?

Top 2 choices would be ND and Texas.

After that I'd have OU (paired with Texas), UVA (or VT), UNC, Kansas, Missouri

Top 2 bundles would be ND & Texas and Texas & OU.