• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Fires DC Manny Diaz

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong would leave a HC job to take a HC job in the summer?

I'm not sold on Texas waiting until summer for a HC change if Texas' season doesn't dramatically improve from this point on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this earlier and it made my day. Robinson is a punchline in he B1G which is synonymous with worst coordinator ever. People blame Rich Rod's offensive scheme for his failure at Michigan, but they ignore that his offenses were quite good. He got fired for one reason: he hired Greg Robinson and never got rid of him as DC.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Texas waiting until summer for a HC change if Texas' season doesn't dramatically improve from this point on.

:confused:

What does Shaw have to do with Strong? Am I not understanding a joke here?:gaah:

No joke, just Shaw's pic was posted and then someone else brought up Strong and then well...it's kind of cluster fuck after that...

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Texas hiring a D-coordinator away from someone for head coach in the summer.

But not a proven active head coach.
-------
Not sure and active head coachwouldant the job now money or not. Yes, it's an attractive job, but if you're not at least the Big 12 champs in three years, you'll be gone.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke, just Shaw's pic was posted and then someone else brought up Strong and then well...it's kind of cluster fuck after that...

Just tried to ninja edit that post after not reading the full post. :lol:

I brought up Strong as someone I would have serious interest in if I were Texas. It didn't have anything to do with the Shaw pic though. I guess two bald black dudez had some folks confused or something though. :lol:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this earlier and it made my day. Robinson is a punchline in he B1G which is synonymous with worst coordinator ever. People blame Rich Rod's offensive scheme for his failure at Michigan, but they ignore that his offenses were quite good. He got fired for one reason: he hired Greg Robinson and never got rid of him as DC.

Yeah, we aren't happy about it either, believe me

But hopefully he isn't stupid enough to have his defense in a nickel against a power rush team like Iaz did

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6jS3tV.gif

Diaz weaving and shit...is he drunk on fermented oranges?

That's pretty funny.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we're on the same page there.

The post was for TexasFan who says when Dodd's leaves next summer his replacement is going to can Mack.

If they wait til' summer they won't get the likes of Smart. Unless Smart turns Petrino'ish.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is common sense. NO AD is going to take over and retain the coaches, he's going to put his stamp on the program and hire his own guys.

Not true in a stable department with a stable team ... but I get it where UT finds itself now. On the other hand, you aren't doing yourselves any favors throwing coaches under the bus. Not that UT will have a problem getting a top shelf coach.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're on the same page there.

The post was for TexasFan who says when Dodd's leaves next summer his replacement is going to can Mack.

If they wait til' summer they won't get the likes of Smart. Unless Smart turns Petrino'ish.

I don't think I would even want a coach that would do that to his former team. Kind of like wanting to get married to a girl that is cheating on her husband with you. If she'll do it to his ass, chances are she'll do it to yours as well.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transitional schools are the type of schools that should be going through the troubles that Texas has. There's is no excuse for Texas to be as mediocre as they have been these past few years.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transitional schools are the type of schools that should be going through the troubles that Texas has. There's is no excuse for Texas to be as mediocre as they have been these past few years.

ncf_u_shula_195.jpg

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown is in trouble no doubt and this pick is desperation and he found someone who is also desperate. 2004 Texas defense wasn't that bad but they had some playmakers. Todays defense is different as they lack fundamental skills such as tackling. This was evident last year and not much improvement this year.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were on probation with a lot of scholarship restrictions. Shula was the best we could do at the time. Texas is not in the same situation that Bama was during the Shula years. Nice try cam but you fail, just keep on :fish2:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown is in trouble no doubt and this pick is desperation and he found someone who is also desperate. 2004 Texas defense wasn't that bad but they had some playmakers. Todays defense is different as they lack fundamental skills such as tackling. This was evident last year and not much improvement this year.

so in essence, even with the abundance of starters back for Texas, 19 or so, they still suck?

Gotcha!~

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... I don't believe Texas will be able to find a top notch D coach due to the situation that Mack is in right now. I can't imagine anyone taking a job knowing that they won't be there next season.

With this said I look for Texas to ride this season out and then bring in Bill O'Brien, Pat Fitzgerald, Chris Peterson or even C-Strong.