• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Fires DC Manny Diaz

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08KBi8KpBaM]2013 Texas Football Season Trailer 1 [May 13, 2013] - YouTube[/ame]

:fish2:

My apologies to the 1 or 2 Texas fans I actually like.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tacking can be cleaned up. That is just tightening up the positional coaching.
Schemes can be used that actually fit the game at hand. That once again is on the assistants.

Mack has always been a CEO coach.
He lets his assistants do the schemes and X and O stuff.

He probably stuck with this mutt Diaz for way too long.
Mack is too nice and folksy to fire coaches.

Texas was calling for Diaz's head back in September, but Mack stuck with him.
We were sold that most of the failings was do to injuries and not Diaz.
We would get all the starters back and the silly schemes would work.

But we saw a defense that was playing exotic nickel and dime package pass protections against a team with no passing threat whatsoever.

Diaz somehow believe that BYU was the old BYU aerial attack...... and he decided to double up against the potent BYU passing attack. WTF????????????

Robinson might not be a savior, but I assume he is smart enough to actually stack the box against a team that wants to run the ball and is terrified to throw it most times.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you suck that much with 5* recruits all over the place?

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coaching. Kids feel disconnected and don't buy into the system the coach is trying to install.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas doesn't have 5* recruits all over the place.....they have mostly 4 and 3 star

I'll say it again......they were running a NICKEL defense against a power rushing team.......this isn't rocket science. WORST CASE they run a 4-2-5 with the nickelback as a spy on the QB......but they should have been in a 4-3. Diaz was a complete moron for running some scheme that had NO CHANCE of working.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas doesn't have 5* recruits all over the place.....they have mostly 4 and 3 star

I'll say it again......they were running a NICKEL defense against a power rushing team.......this isn't rocket science. WORST CASE they run a 4-2-5 with the nickelback as a spy on the QB......but they should have been in a 4-3. Diaz was a complete moron for running some scheme that had NO CHANCE of working.

I'm sorry, but Robinson isn't going to fix the mess that is Texas this season. He was one of the main reasons Michigans D stunk so bad. I hate seeing Texas go through this. I know your pain as TOSU went through this in 2010. No doubt you drop at least 3 to 4 more games. Good luck.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but Robinson isn't going to fix the mess that is Texas this season. He was one of the main reasons Michigans D stunk so bad. I hate seeing Texas go through this. I know your pain as TOSU went through this in 2010. No doubt you drop at least 3 to 4 more games. Good luck.

I'm not happy Robinson has the job......but he can't POSSIBLY be dumber than Diaz. Diaz ignored basics here, I'm talking football 101 stuff. If I had my druthers we'd be calling Gene Chizik right now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read some blogs that say it was a panic move and nothing good will come of it.

Of course nothing good will come of it. Nothing good will come until we have a new coaching staff. The only guy worth keeping is Duane Akina and maybe Benny Wylie

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
That is actually inaccurate. Robinson was hired, but RichRod insisted that he run the 3-3-5 defense. That is something that RObinson had not run previously. It was an abject failure. I am not saying Robinson is good, but blaming him for the defensive issues at Michigan is off base. That was RichRod's biggest mistake. You do not hire a guy and then insist on a scheme that it not in your DC's repertoire. That said Robinson will be takign over a scheme that is not in his wheelhouse and he will have little time to install his own philosophy on the defense. Odds are stacked against him and Texas to right the ship.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy Robinson has the job......but he can't POSSIBLY be dumber than Diaz. Diaz ignored basics here, I'm talking football 101 stuff. If I had my druthers we'd be calling Gene Chizik right now.
-------
True but if the D isn't even used to tackling properly, it's going to take a couple of years to recruit people that will. I think it's too much of a pretty boy mentality. Reminds me of the Nebraska Cosgrove fiasco the defense didn't want to get their noses dirty or their hands or their jerseys.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
True but if the D isn't even used to tackling properly, it's going to take a couple of years to recruit people that will. I think it's too much of a pretty boy mentality. Reminds me of the Nebraska Cosgrove fiasco the defense didn't want to get their noses dirty or their hands or their jerseys.
-
I tend to think poor tackling is the result of players not knowing the system and their roles. These kids have been tackling since 5-6th grade. There is not a ton of tackling in practice anymore. Good tackling is more a function of good positioning than teaching tackling fundamentals

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy, your QB sucks. Funny that there are two studs out there that wanted to go to Texas and weren't made offers.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
That is actually inaccurate. Robinson was hired, but RichRod insisted that he run the 3-3-5 defense. That is something that RObinson had not run previously. It was an abject failure. I am not saying Robinson is good, but blaming him for the defensive issues at Michigan is off base. That was RichRod's biggest mistake. You do not hire a guy and then insist on a scheme that it not in your DC's repertoire. That said Robinson will be takign over a scheme that is not in his wheelhouse and he will have little time to install his own philosophy on the defense. Odds are stacked against him and Texas to right the ship.
-------
So was this the same mistake Brown made in hiring Diaz? Round peg square hole? Diaz had good success at schools before he hit Texas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy, your QB sucks. Funny that there are two studs out there that wanted to go to Texas and weren't made offers.
-
Anyone that watched the game and thinks Ash was the reason Texas lost is an utter moron.

kev_fan_ATX_80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been more embarrassed to be a Longhorn fan then I was Sat. I feel bad for the defensive coordinator because the whole organization needs to be fired... He is just a scapegoat