• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEX @ SEA 7/25-27

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Jung looks physically ready to go. He said his repaired shoulder might be stronger than his right/throwing shoulder. He thinks he is faster.

Unable to do anything with his shoulders, Jung worked on shaving time off his base running.

“The way my body feels I’m probably in the best shape I’ve ever been in,” Jung said. “I was like, ‘OK, I’ve got to get something out of rehab. What am I going to get? Well, how can I be a better base runner?’ Angles, touches, all that kind of stuff, I put a pretty big emphasis on that.”

One thing the Rangers said in February is that when Jung did return this season, he would not play defense. Yet, he has been taking grounders all along and is under the impression that he will be able to play in the field this season.

Jung started last season in June at Double A Frisco, reached Triple A Round Rock and finished the year on an 18-game hitting streak.

He batted .326 across both stops with a .990 OPS. He connected for 19 homers in 304 at-bats.

The Rangers are open to Jung making his MLB debut, as long as he performs in the minors.

“That is the absolute best-case scenario,” he said. “For me, my main goal is to get healthy, show I’m healthy.”

Jung is eligible for the Rule 5 draft in the offseason, so adding him to the 40-man roster in-season makes sense. It might also serve as a mental boost, and even a reward, for what he’s been through the past two seasons.

Though he tried to put baseball out of mind in April and May, Jung has impressed the Rangers with how he attacked his rehab and how his has been swinging the bat.

Jung can now see the light. The end is near.

“It is definitely a grind,” he said. “I never had to do anything like this. Even the foot surgery last year was only 12 weeks. …

“It wasn’t the greatest, but hopefully when I look back I can be grateful for it and learn something along the way.”

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel better about the future of this team knowing that Leiter, Rocker, and Porter are in the pipeline.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newberg thinks the Nationals would ask for Leiter, Durán, Taveras, Gutierrez, Acuña, and Acker for Soto. He thinks the Rangers biggest sticking point would be Gutierrez.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear Benitendini to Yanks. Gallo has to be on alert
Good pickup for the Yankees in regards to position players. I noticed last year they went only after offense at the deadline and not pitching and that was their biggest need.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question for the board. As a pure back up pinch hitter regardless of cost. Would you rather have Miller or Joey Gallo or even Eli White? This year or next?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newberg thinks the Nationals would ask for Leiter, Durán, Taveras, Gutierrez, Acuña, and Acker for Soto. He thinks the Rangers biggest sticking point would be Gutierrez.
Without an extension this is ludicrous thinking.
His cheerleading can become tiresome

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup for the Yankees in regards to position players. I noticed last year they went only after offense at the deadline and not pitching and that was their biggest need.
Word is they want Castlllo which is the move they really need

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of prospect do they expect for what Gallo has produced this year? I would think they would be glad to get a case of chewing gum.
any team taking Gallo would expect at minimum 2 prospects to come with him with nothing going to the Yankees

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even in the Nationals wildest dreams

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that’s the ask, then no, absolutely not.
Juan Soto is great, but he’s only one player.

If they trade Bell they will need a 1B.

I would do Lowe, Duran, Winn, Acker, Harris and Zavala.. and I would still want a chance to do a contract extension..

Even then… i dont know if I’d want to do all that.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that’s the ask, then no, absolutely not.
Juan Soto is great, but he’s only one player.

If they trade Bell they will need a 1B.

I would do Lowe, Duran, Winn, Acker, Harris and Zavala.. and I would still want a chance to do a contract extension..

Even then… i dont know if I’d want to do all that.
Do we really think our window is next year or the year after with no pitching assured to be ready and seasoned?
I have serious doubts especially in the light of looking clueless in one run games

Not trying to be over negative but this looks like the current reality

Reactions: DTC

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the nationals want

1) best pitcher of the previous draft and son of a former all star MLB pitcher who projects to be a #1-#3 MLB starter.

2) probably the best player received in the Gallo trade of last year. He could be an all star someday.

3) Taveras who has grown on me and looks like he could be a late bloomer like Nelson Cruz ( different kind of player)

and 3 other highly regarded prospects for……

1 really good outfielder whose contract is expiring soon.

are these guys on crack?

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we really think our wonder is next year or the year after with no pitching assured to be ready and seasoned?
I have serious doubts especially in the light of looking clueless in one run games

Not trying to be over negative but this looks like the current reality

IMO we should try to get a controllable pitcher if we are going to be trading a couple of pitching prospects. We are a little heavy on position player prospects that should come quicker..

If we do trade a heap, I want a great SP.