• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEX @ SEA 7/25-27

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Seattle for another 3 game set. Otto @ 9, Dunning @ 9, and Gray @ 2:30 are your game times.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be tough on me watching these late night ones.
Seattle reeling from the sweep and JROD I am thinking is on the IL along with Winkler.
Hope Duran is starting.
Hope we can get ahead early as their pen is pretty tough

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any possibility that schedules might be changed to eliminate the west coast games.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from the Bleacher Report regarding the top six managers on the hot seat, where Woody is # 2!

2. Chris Woodward, Texas Rangers​

5 OF 6

1. peuny2rjzw0xylzgctbn.jpg

Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
    After a fire sale at last year's trade deadline, the Texas Rangers went all-in this offseason in hopes of expediting a rebuilding process five years in the making. They spent $325 million on Corey Seager, $175 million on Marcus Semien, $56 million on Jon Gray and orchestrated a handful of other deals that didn't cost in excess of the gross domestic product of Tuvalu.
    Well, they almost went all-in.
    They still let Chris Woodward keep his job in spite of a 160-224 record (.416 winning percentage) in his first three seasons calling the shots.
    Texas missed the postseason by 18 games in 2019. It had the worst record in the AL in 2020. It lost 100-plus games in 2021 for what was the first time in nearly half a century. And it inexplicably decided that leaving Woodward in charge of a much higher-paid roster was the way to go.
    And what do the Rangers have to show for their loyalty to Woodward?
    A worst-in-MLB-by-a-mile 5-21 record in one-run affairs, which are theoretically the games in which a manager's decision-making and general competence are most critical.
    Because of those constant failures in one-run games, the Rangers are nine games below .500 in spite of a plus-four run differential. Every other team with more runs scored than runs allowed is at least two games above .500.
    So, did that pink slip get lost in the mail, or...?
    At this point, the Rangers are the biggest unknown heading into the trade deadline.
    Are they going to trade away impending free agents Martin Perez and Matt Moore, or will they spend even more in pursuit of the fleeting dream of a postseason berth?
    Are they going to ride it out with a manager who has never finished a season with a winning record, or will they give someone else a chance to prove themselves capable of winning a nail-biter every once in a blue moon?
    Our guess is they'll sputter into the trade deadline on the road against the Mariners and Angels, will get what they can for Perez, Moore and others, and will show Woodward the door before the regular season ends.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from the Bleacher Report regarding the top six managers on the hot seat, where Woody is # 2!

2. Chris Woodward, Texas Rangers​

5 OF 6

1. peuny2rjzw0xylzgctbn.jpg

Jim McIsaac/Getty Images
    After a fire sale at last year's trade deadline, the Texas Rangers went all-in this offseason in hopes of expediting a rebuilding process five years in the making. They spent $325 million on Corey Seager, $175 million on Marcus Semien, $56 million on Jon Gray and orchestrated a handful of other deals that didn't cost in excess of the gross domestic product of Tuvalu.
    Well, they almost went all-in.
    They still let Chris Woodward keep his job in spite of a 160-224 record (.416 winning percentage) in his first three seasons calling the shots.
    Texas missed the postseason by 18 games in 2019. It had the worst record in the AL in 2020. It lost 100-plus games in 2021 for what was the first time in nearly half a century. And it inexplicably decided that leaving Woodward in charge of a much higher-paid roster was the way to go.
    And what do the Rangers have to show for their loyalty to Woodward?
    A worst-in-MLB-by-a-mile 5-21 record in one-run affairs, which are theoretically the games in which a manager's decision-making and general competence are most critical.
    Because of those constant failures in one-run games, the Rangers are nine games below .500 in spite of a plus-four run differential. Every other team with more runs scored than runs allowed is at least two games above .500.
    So, did that pink slip get lost in the mail, or...?
    At this point, the Rangers are the biggest unknown heading into the trade deadline.
    Are they going to trade away impending free agents Martin Perez and Matt Moore, or will they spend even more in pursuit of the fleeting dream of a postseason berth?
    Are they going to ride it out with a manager who has never finished a season with a winning record, or will they give someone else a chance to prove themselves capable of winning a nail-biter every once in a blue moon?
    Our guess is they'll sputter into the trade deadline on the road against the Mariners and Angels, will get what they can for Perez, Moore and others, and will show Woodward the door before the regular season ends.
Not very flattering and have to agree with their assessment of one run losses and near losses last night. To me it can get worse inless they get pen help especially a closer

But I do not think he will be canned before season end. Maybe the off-season but Banny got canned because he lost the clubhouse.
If the angst goes beserk via media and fanbase that might trigger the dismissal

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of wonder number one on hot seat ChiSox La aRussa?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny got canned because he lost the clubhouse.
I wonder how much longer it took to completely change the contents of that clubhouse he lost. I have no idea about this particular situation, but I can imagine in some cases when a manager is said to lose the clubhouse, that it is the players who are at fault, or maybe at least, more at fault.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any possibility that schedules might be changed to eliminate the west coast games.
Would probably have to change divisions. But that wouldn’t completely get rid of it. I think they play every other team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

Both runs against Leiter scored after he'd departed in the 4th. I watched the first three innings, through which Leiter had a reasonable 51 pitches and one walk, but that paints a prettier picture than what was on display, Per usual, often amazing stuff, highly inconsistent command.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would probably have to change divisions. But that wouldn’t completely get rid of it. I think they play every other team.
With all of the wild cards I don't see why they don't go back to a balanced schedule. Why should one wild card team compete against another team who plays in a weaker division with a weaker schedule?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the wild cards I don't see why they don't go back to a balanced schedule. Why should one wild card team compete against another team who plays in a weaker division with a weaker schedule?
AL east surely on board with this at least re WC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers DFA former Ranger Connor Sadzeck.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Free Agents Have Boosted Their Value the Most?

2. Martín Pérez, Texas Rangers (+$32 million)​

Pérez isn’t heading for a massive payday given his history, but he’s put himself back on the map in 2022. He’s already set a career high in WAR, at 2.4, and unlike in past seasons when his cutter started fading as temperatures heated up, he’s continued to be solid. I was highly annoyed that Dylan Cease didn’t make the All-Star Game, but it’s not Pérez I would have cut to make room.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they didn't bring it to a vote because they knew it could pass. Union leadership didn't want the CBA to pass and it did, so maybe they didn't want to take any chances this time.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hernandez not in the lineup

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00