• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tennessee finalizing deal for Eagles RB DeMarco Murray

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, now Russ Grimm.

Even if they trade out of one, land one of these first round tackles, grab a C/ G in the middle third, with Grimm coaching and Murray and Sankey, ( I totally believe he can a serious weapon in the NFL) they just went from the bottom of the league to top 10 in rushing can be very huge for a young offense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally understandable, i actually like that 70% of the guarantee is in the first year because it opens up a lot in the successive years.

A surprisingly smart move for the Titans.

Not sure what you mean by the bold. Nothing gets opened up unless you cut him. The yearly salary cap hit is 8 million in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by the bold. Nothing gets opened up unless you cut him. The yearly salary cap hit is 8 million in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Exactly. If he's truly toast, your options for getting rid of him are much better than if the guaranteed money was more spread out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they trade out of one, land one of these first round tackles, grab a C/ G in the middle third, with Grimm coaching and Murray and Sankey, ( I totally believe he can a serious weapon in the NFL) they just went from the bottom of the league to top 10 in rushing can be very huge for a young offense.

Sankey is trash.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited about getting Fowler out in front of Murray clearing the way.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to dispute that Philly misused Demarco, just saying that there seems to be bad blood between the player and team now, he is disliked in the locker room, and he has a huge contract. So, if they can shed him, seems like a tremendous positive. Keep in mind they still have Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles, so the cupboard is not bare at RB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to dispute that Philly misused Demarco, just saying that there seems to be bad blood between the player and team now, he is disliked in the locker room, and he has a huge contract. So, if they can shed him, seems like a tremendous positive. Keep in mind they still have Ryan Mathews and Darren Sproles, so the cupboard is not bare at RB.

That's still pretty bare in terms of the future though. Sproles is 32 and Mathews is 28 (and rarely healthy it seems). Eagles need to add a back either through the draft or free agency. Lamar Miller would be a nice target.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's still pretty bare in terms of the future though. Sproles is 32 and Mathews is 28 (and rarely healthy it seems). Eagles need to add a back either through the draft or free agency. Lamar Miller would be a nice target.

No sense in wasting money on a RB. That's what we just got rid of. It's easy to find backs.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that should probably be mentioned here is that Demarco is leaving a team whose system he didn't fit ideally because they were in shotgun too much and going to a team that.....uses shotgun an awful lot?!?

I didn't see much Tenn football this year but didn't they use Marriota in the shotgun an awful lot?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this a million times on the Cowboy Board, but I'll say it here. His career yards per carry actually went down after his big season in 2014. A lot of people portray Murray as having one good year. His only issue in Dallas ever was health. Look at his games from prior seasons. Those OLs were not great.

Great blocker, great receiver, great vision, good in short yardage and a great stiff arm and ability to lower his pads and push the defender and great guy and teammate (at least in Dallas). No, he's never going to be this incredible guy we saw two years ago (who is?) but unless his body is breaking down (it very well could be) he is a very good RB. Can't explain what happened last year other than saying wrong place for his style; he is the type of guy that needs a lot of carries but can excel in a power scheme or zone scheme. He isn't the type to try to isolate in space or do something magical on one particular play per quarter.

That's true. I wasn't saying he's trash but I think the reputation he's gotten is more from Fantasy Football and I think Dallas was just a good fit for him. He's not as bad as he was in Philly but he's probably not as good as people think he is either. Reality is he's probably somewhere in between. Factor that in with his contract, and that could be a tough pill to swallow if he's closer to the Philly end of the spectrum.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Tunsil this draft needs to be mostly D.

And get Tre McBride on the field.

Hoping for a cover corner with the second pick!

Solid! :clap:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that should probably be mentioned here is that Demarco is leaving a team whose system he didn't fit ideally because they were in shotgun too much and going to a team that.....uses shotgun an awful lot?!?

I didn't see much Tenn football this year but didn't they use Marriota in the shotgun an awful lot?
I thought the same, exact thing!

The Titans aren't a good fit for ANY running back! Unless Mularkey is planning on committing to the run.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shotgun itself is less important if they use the pistol style rushing attack.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shoulda paid shady. Murray was the worst sign of '15.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sankey is trash.

Yet another high draft pick that the Titans never developed or committed to. They are literally THE very worst team in the NFL for this guy to have gone to.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They just signed C Ben Jones away from the Texans to a four-year deal.

I think they are solidifying a plan for the draft! :hope:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at the number of backup RBs that produced last year. They need to stick with what they have and give Mathews volume. If he gets hurt I'm sure there's a Chacandrick West buried in there or Tim Hightower that can ride the bench.